Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
3 user(s) are online (3 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 1

Yanosh, Superchicken, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Icaros Desktop 2.0 caveats and work-arounds

From Ireland
Group:
If you're unlucky enough to be using VirtualBox V5.1.8, upgrade to V5.1.10 (or later), as AC97 sound emulation is broken in 5.1.8. I know this won't affect many people, but I had to mention it since I spent a couple of hours trying to debug our AC97 driver when the problem wasn't with AROS at all!

Posted on: 12/2 19:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Icaros Desktop 2.0 caveats and work-arounds

From Marseille
Group:
Hi all,

A new day, a new problem, a new workaround :)
here it is : http://oanemous.free.fr/?p=1836 at the bottom of the article "Page do not show CSS correctly".

This is a reproductible problem, it is a little bit annoying for those who use wordpress (4.6 and 4.7) for their blog core.

this problem is on 2.1.3, i didn't have time to test in other (more recent or older) versions.

It is simple for the problem to redo :
- from a fresh install, you go into your wordpress admin page and go to the edit page of an article, or a page... at this time the page displays very well -and fast!-
- you click on any link on the left to go to any another place of your admin interface, the page then reloads, and do not display right anymore. Like if the CSS stuffs in the page are not taken in account *anymore* in this page. Reload doesn't change the problem.
It seems that there is something in this page that modify the OWB cache content OR maybe some read/write rule, OR other stuff I can't explain.

The workaround :
- because you are smart ( :) ) you have backuped your OWB drawer, after it started, once in the past, when it worked well
- you close your OWB program running
- you copy back the file 29a5abb3-i386-aros.cache-4 in the OWB drawer in SYS/Utilities/OWB/Conf
- you delete the content of the drawer "/Conf/cache"
- then you restart OWB, it displays well again, *until you edit an other article*

This workaround doesn't work if you let OWB opened (the cache is also in memory?), or if you do not copy the file back without emptying the drawer, or emptying the drawer without copying the file back.
I also tried to just delete the last modified files in the cache drawer, but it didn't work neither.

The consequence is that one has to close OWB after every little edit in the admin page, that can be really ... annoying.

An other consequence is that to do not loose too much time, you copy the OWB drawer in RAM: and start it from here (the pages are displayed much faster too, cause OWB read/write a lot on the disk)

The questions :
* OWB reload page doesn't really *reload* it seems. does it just refresh the display of the *cached* page ?
* How do we clean the history / cache in OWB ? If we could clean them inside OWB, it certainly would allow to work more efficiently on this problem that is maybe only a problem with wordpress admin frontend.
* Isn't it possible to make OWB use RAM for working with cache and page displaying instead of the hard drive ?
* An other way to ask this question : Is it possible to play with assigns at startup to ask OWB to use RAM:something as the PROGDIR: or OWB: assign (if it exists at all ofcourse) ?

So here it is for today.

Thanx for you attention and your help,
Have a nice day,
Jess.

Posted on: 12/8 1:40

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.