Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 26 »


Re: Odyssey web browser future

Joined:
2010/5/18 11:49
From Italy
Group:
Member
Posts: 1029
Offline
I noticed this thing of youtube too, luckily I do not go there often, otherwise it would be very frustrating

Posted on: 4/10 5:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Odyssey web browser future

Joined:
2014/10/31 7:36
From Madrid
Group:
Member
Posts: 76
Offline
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:


* - my 10+ year old PC is failing dramatically, and since I don’t have the funds to replace it or the hard drives holding my data, I am unable to do anything. I also have no intention using a lower spec machine to try develop code since it would be too time consuming.


I pay you a new hardrive. Send me your address and the size you want through pm and I will give you details


I appreciate the gesture, but it isnt worth doing until I can get 2x 2TB drives to replace my existing array that houses the source trees and virtual machines I use to build and test AROS.

And since the machine itself isnt exactly running well, Im not sure it is worth replacing them until such time as I can get a new PC - but I just cant afford to purchase a core i7/32GB RAM and suitable motherboard. Im sure for most people that sounds like overkill for a machine - but when you have multiple virtual machines running and 13+ builds of AROS going at a time ... it becomes a necessity.

Thanks again for offering though.

You're welcome. thanks to you for your fantastic work.
Anyway I think you could try to check if you can recover things just with the hardrives I offer you, while we complete a more ambitious plan:


If I can get replacement drives I can atleast get my data and vm’s recovered, but I will be limited to what I can do.

2 of something like this would be ideal ..
https://www.ebuyer.com/726223-toshiba- ... e-hard-drive-hdwd120uzsva



Seems pretty reasonable. Please send me your complete address trough PM and I'll buy them and send for you.


Quote:

Instead of organizing a complicated bounty, I propose the opposite: Please tell us the amount required for your new system, and the prefered method for payment, so we we transfer your different ammounts (each one as much as it is able) until we get to that sum.


Well as stated it come to around 900 - the cpu is around 340, memory is around the same and motherboard around 240.



I will open a new thread to suport you, we just need to choose some service to transfer you the money (probably paypal, but suggest any different if you prefer) or directly buy and send you the required components, so we need to know exactly which models are and a suggested store to buy them

Posted on: 4/15 14:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


No Account
Re: Odyssey web browser future
Guest_No Account
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:


* - my 10+ year old PC is failing dramatically, and since I don’t have the funds to replace it or the hard drives holding my data, I am unable to do anything. I also have no intention using a lower spec machine to try develop code since it would be too time consuming.


I pay you a new hardrive. Send me your address and the size you want through pm and I will give you details


I appreciate the gesture, but it isnt worth doing until I can get 2x 2TB drives to replace my existing array that houses the source trees and virtual machines I use to build and test AROS.

And since the machine itself isnt exactly running well, Im not sure it is worth replacing them until such time as I can get a new PC - but I just cant afford to purchase a core i7/32GB RAM and suitable motherboard. Im sure for most people that sounds like overkill for a machine - but when you have multiple virtual machines running and 13+ builds of AROS going at a time ... it becomes a necessity.

Thanks again for offering though.

You're welcome. thanks to you for your fantastic work.
Anyway I think you could try to check if you can recover things just with the hardrives I offer you, while we complete a more ambitious plan:


If I can get replacement drives I can atleast get my data and vm’s recovered, but I will be limited to what I can do.

2 of something like this would be ideal ..
https://www.ebuyer.com/726223-toshiba- ... e-hard-drive-hdwd120uzsva



Seems pretty reasonable. Please send me your complete address trough PM and I'll buy them and send for you.


Ok - sent.

Quote:

Quote:

Instead of organizing a complicated bounty, I propose the opposite: Please tell us the amount required for your new system, and the prefered method for payment, so we we transfer your different ammounts (each one as much as it is able) until we get to that sum.


Well as stated it come to around 900 - the cpu is around 340, memory is around the same and motherboard around 240.



I will open a new thread to suport you, we just need to choose some service to transfer you the money (probably paypal, but suggest any different if you prefer) or directly buy and send you the required components, so we need to know exactly which models are and a suggested store to buy them



I tend to use ebuyer (https://www.ebuyer.com/) personaly, but you may possibly find better prices.

https://www.ebuyer.com/805377-intel-co ... -processor-bx80684i78700k

https://www.ebuyer.com/807533-asus-max ... -maximus-x-hero-wi-fi-ac-

https://www.ebuyer.com/743003-corsair- ... mm-c15-cmk32gx4m2b3000c15

Posted on: 4/15 17:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Odyssey web browser future

Joined:
2010/5/18 11:49
From Italy
Group:
Member
Posts: 1029
Offline
thank you x-vision

Posted on: 4/16 5:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Odyssey web browser future

Joined:
2010/8/30 7:20
Group:
Member
Posts: 1231
Offline
just short heads up, what happens.
icu-60.2 compiles now fine same for i386, ppc and m68k
this all thanks to c++ header updates and some slight but fundamental further changes for m68k target done by kalamatee only yesterday.
the problems with ambigous overloads on m68k are thus solved on the system level.
odyssey compiles fully (some parts still disabled) for i386 (tested), ppc (untested) and compiles well 26% into m68k build.

the current problem on m68k is as follows:

26%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSComputedStyleDeclaration.cpp.obj
In file included from 
/home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h:32:0,
                 
from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/FastMalloc.h:26,
                 
from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/config.h:75,
                 
from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/CSSCalculationValue.cpp:32:
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:321:35error: static assertion failedRuleData_should_stay_small
 
#define COMPILE_ASSERT(exp, name) static_assert((exp), #name)
                                   
^
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/RuleSet.h:144:1notein expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
 
COMPILE_ASSERT(sizeof(RuleData) == sizeof(SameSizeAsRuleData), RuleData_should_stay_small);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
26%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSContentDistributionValue.cpp.obj
26%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSCrossfadeValue.cpp.obj
Source
/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/build.make:21609recipe for target 'Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSCalculationValue.cpp.obj' failed
make
[4]: *** [Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSCalculationValue.cpp.objError 1
make
[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h:32:0,
                 
from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/FastMalloc.h:26,
                 
from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/config.h:75,
                 
from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/CSSComputedStyleDeclaration.cpp:25:
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:321:35error: static assertion failedRuleData_should_stay_small
 
#define COMPILE_ASSERT(exp, name) static_assert((exp), #name)
                                   
^
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/RuleSet.h:144:1notein expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'
 
COMPILE_ASSERT(sizeof(RuleData) == sizeof(SameSizeAsRuleData), RuleData_should_stay_small);

Posted on: 4/25 7:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Odyssey web browser future

Joined:
2010/5/18 11:49
From Italy
Group:
Member
Posts: 1029
Offline
many thanks wawa, but the work of compiling include the new version of webkit?
I'm using the latest version published for abiv0, although it's been two years, it's really remarkable that it works very well, there are sites where I can not access, type sourceforge, facebook I have to use the basic version and google services, then at the moment I did not notice anything else.

Posted on: 4/25 8:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


No Account
Re: Odyssey web browser future
Guest_No Account
Quote:

sabbate wrote:
many thanks wawa, but the work of compiling include the new version of webkit?
I'm using the latest version published for abiv0, although it's been two years, it's really remarkable that it works very well, there are sites where I can not access, type sourceforge, facebook I have to use the basic version and google services, then at the moment I did not notice anything else.


I would suspect some of the sites fail because we use an older openssl. Do they display an error or other msg?

Posted on: 4/25 8:31
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Odyssey web browser future

Joined:
2010/8/30 7:20
Group:
Member
Posts: 1231
Offline
Quote:

sabbate wrote:
many thanks wawa, but the work of compiling include the new version of webkit?
I'm using the latest version published for abiv0, although it's been two years, it's really remarkable that it works very well, there are sites where I can not access, type sourceforge, facebook I have to use the basic version and google services, then at the moment I did not notice anything else.


you need to be patient. im working my lower back off here. so first things first. all the code will be published and whoever wants to help may join my repo.

Posted on: 4/25 9:04
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Odyssey web browser future

Joined:
2010/5/18 11:49
From Italy
Group:
Member
Posts: 1029
Offline
@kalamatee
you can not access the protected connection, this is the message, it is certainly as you say, maybe even when Google asks you to log in and back to the login has this problem, you could make an attempt to update it to the new protocol openssl, before compiling everything with the new engine.

@wawa

ok all right

Posted on: 4/25 9:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


No Account
Re: Odyssey web browser future
Guest_No Account
Quote:

sabbate wrote:
@kalamatee
you can not access the protected connection, this is the message, it is certainly as you say, maybe even when Google asks you to log in and back to the login has this problem, you could make an attempt to update it to the new protocol openssl, before compiling everything with the new engine.


Ok - yeah thats what I thought. A lot of protocols have been removed/disabled due to security concerns over recent years as you probably know - and many sites have dropped supporting them.

We really need ssl implemented as a shared library (AmiSSL like I guess) ... if someone feels upto it.

Posted on: 4/25 10:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 26 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Search
Top Posters
1 paolone
paolone
4433
2 magorium
magorium
4095
3 nikolaos
nikolaos
4018
4 phoenixkonsole
phoenixkonsole
3928
5 deadwood
deadwood
2917
6 ncafferkey
ncafferkey
2796
7 mazze
mazze
2221
8 clusteruk
clusteruk
2112
9 damocles
damocles
1789
10 BSzili
BSzili
1513
© 2004-2018 AROS Exec