Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
13 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 13

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 34 »

Re: Poseidon for AROS?

From Norway
Group:
I can tell that copying files from usb-stick is real fast. Like Deadwood said 1.2M sec, but copy from AROS to usb-stick is bad.

Posted on: 2009/7/8 10:58

Group:
Tested lates nightly, on vmware player, 3 usb stick tested freezes mounting them. Then I burned image to cd and lo and behold my compaq nx8220 nowadays boot nightly (ata,device fixes probably). Ok next lets fire up trident and try some usb sticks... All 3 worked allmost without problems!!! I could copy stuff between all sticks without any problems. Only problem is that when you take stick out and back in, it adds another UMSD.?: where ? is running number and not use old one.

So now I need some wifi drivers for intel pro wireless shipset and some audio drivers and this laptop is perfect for aros as it has ATI x600 gfx.

Posted on: 2009/7/8 15:14
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Norway
Group:
I must say I'm realy impressed with poseidon now.
After I open prefs and configured and saved, I now put "psdstackloader" in startup-seqence.
Everytime AROS boots now the usb-stack is up and running.
Everything I pluged inn from key, mouse, game-pads, usb-camera, usb-cellphone, usb-sticks, usb-hdd, usb-printer, showed up. And so easy and fast to plug inn and out. Sure not all this devices work, but that is not poseidons fault.

Thx a lot platon42. This is realy comming together.

Posted on: 2009/7/8 16:27

From Liancourt Saint Pierre - France
Group:
Yeah!

Poseidon is working now.
USB keys are recognised, however for some of them, depending on the filesystem (FAT32, FAT12, FAT16) I have a report saying that they are not formated (it seems to be for FAT32 formatted ones).

Also, as said earlier, in order to get the icon appearing, I have to launch "info" in a shell => could this be done automatically in later releases?

Thank you again platon42.

Now its time to build the applications to use all USB devices that we can access.

Yannick

Posted on: 2009/7/8 23:02

Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
I can copy, delete files on my usb-stick now, but the transfer speed is real bad. Around 100k sec.. This is sure not poseidons fault, but just wanted to comment.

Try a different filesystem, such as FFS or SFS on the stick. Try scsispeed usbscsi.device:0

Posted on: 2009/7/9 4:06

Group:
Quote:

Yannickescu wrote:
Yeah!

Poseidon is working now.
USB keys are recognised, however for some of them, depending on the filesystem (FAT32, FAT12, FAT16) I have a report saying that they are not formated (it seems to be for FAT32 formatted ones).

Likely to be a problem of the filesystem (aka fat.handler).

Quote:

Also, as said earlier, in order to get the icon appearing, I have to launch "info" in a shell => could this be done automatically in later releases?

Poseidon uses the STARTPROC option during mounting which should start the DeviceProcess automatically. This correctly works in AmigaOS and MorphoOS. The AddBootNode() function was buggy in AROS, so I thought I fixed it in expansion.library. If it still doesn't work, I need to find out what is still wrong there.

Is there a port of Scout to AROS? I really need to have a look at the dos nodes to judge what's wrong here.

Quote:

Now its time to build the applications to use all USB devices that we can access.

Any special thoughts yet?

Posted on: 2009/7/9 4:12

From Liancourt Saint Pierre - France
Group:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, some first guess:
- USB printers => needs some more work on printer.device as far as I understood,
- Being able to use joysticks in J-UAE (this one might be easier),
- Simple application to record video from webcam (before jumping to any video conferencing application)
- USB sound card (as already stated, for this the usbpci driver needs to be updated with isochronous transfer mode)
- Document scanning application,

Any other guess?

Posted on: 2009/7/9 6:04

Group:
Quote:

Yannickescu wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, some first guess:
- USB printers => needs some more work on printer.device as far as I understood,
- Being able to use joysticks in J-UAE (this one might be easier),
- Simple application to record video from webcam (before jumping to any video conferencing application)
- USB sound card (as already stated, for this the usbpci driver needs to be updated with isochronous transfer mode)
- Document scanning application,

Any other guess?

Alright, yes, AROS needs a printer subsystem.

Joysticks should already work in MAME using the lowlevel.library, I don't know if J-UAE already supports it out of the box for Amiga/AROS.

I'm working on a UVC webcam class, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish it. It will be based (again) on the VHI driver system for video sources.

What about Betascan?

Posted on: 2009/7/9 9:14

Group:
@Platon42

I just got my AROS computer running again so I could test the latest Poseidon.

(I messed up my BIOS so I had to reload the CMOS, ugh I thought I almost lost my computer)

You have been doing well with the bug hunting. I have a 2xUHC+EHCI USB2.0 Host Controller and now I can get mass storage to work (with typing "info" in a shell, ofcourse).

I still have :
8:13 pm| 5-hub.class: PORT_RESET for port 4 failed: host error (3)
with the following devices: USB mouse, USB joystick, Aiptek tablet, Nokia E71.

Sorry for asking again but is it something I can configure so that I get these devices detected.

PS. Will a Aiptek tablet do any good in Aros with e.g Lunapaint ?

and thanks for your efforts, they are MUCH appriciated !

Posted on: 2009/7/9 10:22

From Sunny Finland
Group:
@Manu

Do you have the same issue as I have that those low speed devices cause PORT_Reset errors? Could you try removing hub.class from classes on Trident and issuing dir scan? Does your devices show up?

Posted on: 2009/7/9 10:31

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 ... 34 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.