Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
23 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 22

o1i, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Supported Computers

From Norway
Group:
Well, some tried to sell AROS hardware. There is still possible to buy ARES, but we all know that story.

Lets see what can happen with the cheap ARM board. If we get that one running AROS, there could be some fun ;)

Everyone could at least afford that one ;)

Posted on: 2012/4/29 15:22

Group:
What Story do you mean?

Posted on: 2012/4/30 0:56
www.ares-shop.de the ground for our app-store
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Nürnberg, Deutschland
Group:
A short list is better than no list

Posted on: 2012/4/30 1:22

From Norway
Group:
Phenoix: I ment the story with dedicated AROS hardware. Do I have to do it again ;)

Stefen did the first fully supported AROS hardware, the Imica computer. He found people through here and the #aros channel to make this hardware fully supported. Native gfx driver. sound and network. (wifi came later with its own bounty, that was not stefens work, same goes with 3D, but that Sami did for free) Luckly the Imica is very simelar to much other hardware that use Intel mobos. The problem was that the sales where horrible. Imica sold under 10 units.

Even the ARES computer benefited from the Imica project. First of all sound was not working without adding Soundblaster card same for networking. With the Imica project, this now worked native from the ARES computer. The sales from the ARES I don't know. But sure not been great either.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 1:46

Group:
: )
About Sales... don't think SAM or X1000 are doing any better.
Please check pm

"The idea behind imica and AresOne isn't to sell a lot in order to earn a lot"
People missed the point that if they had for example ordered from Steven he could invest again in other AROS related stuff"

"Like selling T-Shirts from a club"

Posted on: 2012/4/30 2:01
www.ares-shop.de the ground for our app-store

From London
Group:
Sony VAIO (VGN-FE11H) I mentioned earlier turned out to be less aros-friendly than I expected.

Sound - only through headphones.
Video - problems and weird behaviour in some games eg. supertuxcart - some textures flickering and game freezes after 10s; opentyrian - in fullscreen mode screen is green and distorted.
Power - pressing power button to shutdown doesn't work. When choosing RESTART COMPUTER from menu, laptop reboots but hangs at VAIO welcome screen.
I couldn't force vaio to boot from usb pendrive however I managed to install aros on hard disk (sata).

Posted on: 2012/5/3 16:13

From London
Group:
Vaio added to HCL.

Meanwhile I got Lenovo 3000 V200.
Excellent support in linux (fast graphics X3100, IC2D 2.2ghz) but no sound in aros
I'm gonna bless the day when I finally find 100% aros supported laptop. And it must be screen size 11-13 inch.
If you know any, let me know.
Thanks in advance!
Martin

Posted on: 2012/5/7 9:03

From Stockholm, Sweden
Group:
Quote:

Stefen did the first fully supported AROS hardware, the Imica computer. He found people through here and the #aros channel to make this hardware fully supported. Native gfx driver. sound and network. (wifi came later with its own bounty, that was not stefens work, same goes with 3D, but that Sami did for free) Luckly the Imica is very simelar to much other hardware that use Intel mobos. The problem was that the sales where horrible. Imica sold under 10 units.

Who in their right mind would sell AROS computers for a profit at this stage? I would myself like to do that out of the love for the os, but not without knowing I could stay floating even if I didn't sell a single computer. I just assumed people would reason like this.

I for one want to buy a ARES, but I first need to sell my AnigaOne 500 (what an expencive disapointment!) before I can buy yet another computer.

Posted on: 2012/5/7 10:29

From Sunny Finland
Group:
Quote:

Yasu wrote:
Quote:

Who in their right mind would sell AROS computers for a profit at this stage? I would myself like to do that out of the love for the os, but not without knowing I could stay floating even if I didn't sell a single computer. I just assumed people would reason like this.

I for one want to buy a ARES, but I first need to sell my AnigaOne 500 (what an expencive disapointment!) before I can buy yet another computer.

As I understand it, Stephen tried his best just for the love of it and he got some great things done and still keeps going for us all.

For the original topic, my P45DE based system running on Intel E5400 and gtx560 seems to be happy with Aros atleast for the major parts (sound, video, network, cpu) some tweaking is needed to get it booting though

Posted on: 2012/5/7 11:42

Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
Stefen did the first fully supported AROS hardware, the Imica computer.

That honor goes to Damocles he was the first to fund and build a fully supported AROS box. :)

Posted on: 2012/5/7 12:08

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.