Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
17 user(s) are online (9 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 16

paolone, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

Re: AROS degrade and degenerated

From Stockholm, Sweden
Group:
I'll contribute to any bounty that helps making AROS better! Especially another paper cut.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 5:14

From Ireland
Group:
Quote:

aGGreSSor wrote:

I want to note that the ABI build for i386_linux (me so long dissuaded from it, I decided to watch it today) much more stable as compared with nightly builds.

The terminology you are using is incorrect. There are not "ABI" builds and "nightly" builds. There are "ABIv1" nightly builds and "ABIv0" nightly builds.

Personally, I see the hosted builds as development tools, so I give priority to fixing bugs that affect native builds.

I also prioritise fixing bugs in my own code rather than those in other people's half-finished projects.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 12:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Ireland
Group:
Quote:

azvareth wrote:
(I do not know if AROS is a offspring from Amiga Research Operating System found on Amiga itself years of years ago)

Err, yes, there is only one AROS.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 12:48

From St.Petersburg, Russia
Group:
@ncafferkey
Quote:
The terminology you are using is incorrect. There are not "ABI" builds and "nightly" builds. There are "ABIv1" nightly builds and "ABIv0" nightly builds.

I agree. Let's see here: http://aros.sourceforge.net/download.php#nightly-builds. We see: "Nightly Builds & Nightly Builds (ABIv1)". And not "Nightly Builds (ABIv0) & Nightly Builds (ABIv1)". It's a matter of positioning, not the Truth. In essence, you are right.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 0:41

Group:
Quote:

aGGreSSor wrote:
I will provide support to the project, because it has interesting things for me. Usually my help for translation into Russian, news in russian media, press & fixed code in narrow areas of interest to me personally. I'm no different from the rest. =)

That is great news!

It happens that I need someone to volunteer for some Russian translation for the aros.org website. I just need someone able write correctly in his own mother-tongue, no technical skills required.

That's your chance to help, do you think you have a bit of spare time to dedicate to the Cause?

Posted on: 2013/3/17 12:51

From St.Petersburg, Russia
Group:
@jman
Quote:
That is great news!

It happens that I need someone to volunteer for some Russian translation for the aros.org website. I just need someone able write correctly in his own mother-tongue, no technical skills required.

That's your chance to help, do you think you have a bit of spare time to dedicate to the Cause?

Of course, please contact. Any technical skills (except nano technology & neuro programming ;)). In the AROS localization general mess. Most of all thanks for this must tell us - Russian. Idea to call each locale as well call it the natives in our spirit. :) As a result in AROS, we have a problem:

1. Errors in any host OS when extract and copy AROS locale files from non-Latin characters in filenames;
  2. Incompatibility with the original AmigaOS (including AOS 4.x) names of locales;
  3. Impossible understand the natives to which language is locale (for example, guessed that Nihon it Japan? or where Hanguk? I also wonder to live in Rossija :)

So there's a lot of work and isn't obvious how to do it. No AROS locales standart. So write, e-mail amitrans{at}ya.ru.

Add illustrations:

AROS locale on Linux (where system locale and fonts UTF-8):

AROS native locale settings:

Posted on: 2013/3/18 2:01

Edited by aGGreSSor on 2013/3/18 2:32:32

Group:
Quote:

aGGreSSor wrote:

AROS locale on Linux (where system locale and fonts UTF-8):

You hit the nail of a long-standing bug that happened sometime last year, because many months ago we didn't have any issue with special characters.

Posted on: 2013/3/18 7:17

From Vienna
Group:
also austria vanished from the list of countries, as far as i recall (don't have an aros install close now to check)!

Posted on: 2013/3/18 7:47

Group:
Quote:
paolone wrote:
You hit the nail of a long-standing bug that happened sometime last year

Is that related to the errors i got (see here) with vision concerning the turkish catalogs ?.

Vision runs from a fat32 directory using winuae, the catalog is there but Vision is unable to see it. Neither the language utilities (which crashes) nor the dos-shell see that catalog.

BTW: two belgiums catalogues might be correct. One dutch speaking and the other french speaking perhaps ?

Posted on: 2013/3/18 8:23

From Nürnberg, Deutschland
Group:
You mean Aros Vision? I have a manual page where I describe how to fix it on 68k:

http://www.natami-news.de/html/user_manual.html

"To change locale: I have precreated different “locale” files in directory “locales”. Simply copy the suited locale preferences file to “Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys”. The original locale prefs from 3.1. work.

To change input (keyboard): Put “SetKeyboard xxx” in “User-Startup”. xxx can be pc104_usa, pc105_al, pc105_cz, pc105_d, pc105_dk, pc105_f, pc105_fin, pc105_nl. Example is “SetKeyBoard pc105_d” changes to german keyboard."

Posted on: 2013/3/18 8:28

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.