Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 39 »

Re: @BSzili porting request :-)

Group:
Quote:

BSzili wrote:
Great! If you want you can share your updated INI, so others with the same controller won't have to mess with it.

here it is....

# Specifies which type of expansion pak is in the controller: 1=None, 2=Mem pak, 5=Rumble pak

change to = 2 if dont function right...
plugin = 5

more recent/direct
http://www.portacall.org/downloads/mupen64plus.cfg

Posted on: 2012/11/22 2:18

Edited by serk118uk on 2012/11/22 2:44:49
Edited by serk118uk on 2012/11/22 2:49:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Stockholm, Sweden
Group:
So many new BSzili game ports I need to try now :D

Posted on: 2012/11/22 4:18

From Hungary
Group:
Cave Story is almost ready to release. This game is awesome, you'll love it! But first i have to clean up some of my stuff, and upload it to the archives, because I'm running out of space for my site.

Posted on: 2012/11/22 5:31

Group:
BSZili, why not using the Archives? After all, that's the reason it exists.

Posted on: 2012/11/22 6:34

From Hungary
Group:
I prefer to upload stable releases with source to the archives. I use my webspace for testing releases, which are often bare executables often without icon, data files or docs.

Posted on: 2012/11/22 6:45

Group:
Quote:
I prefer to upload stable releases with source to the archives.

Good Please stop today -> can't keep up ;-p

Candy Crisis: Nice improvements, but how do i quit the game (esc used to work but not anymore, also ctrl c/d in con window does not work and there is no quit options that i've seen) Ofcourse it's alt-f4, very logical . And is it able to play windowed mode (and how to do that).

You _are_ aware that candy and freesynd still outputs debug information into con window (not that i care )?

OpenJazz: Cool game (but i liked it back then as well) . Also works perfectly with the x-mas shareware edition :thumbsup: Are you aware that some game-mode produces only a white screen (no turning back, hard exit needed). Also when selecting multiplayer it asks a ip-number (defaults to 192.168.0.1) but it refuses to budge when selected (not going forward or backward, so a hard exit is needed).

thank you for all your hard work.

regards,

Posted on: 2012/11/23 6:17

From Hungary
Group:
I only try to silence the console output when the CLI window pops up in front of a game window (Pentagram, Retrobatte ahem ), or has excessive debug-level output (NX engine). Not every game has clean wrappers around (f)printf, or std::cout/cerr, most of them just spew their stuff to the standard output, so I usually don't bother. Other times they have wrappers, but if I silence the console output they start to misbehave. For example I have a build of Pentagram, which won't open the CLI window, but it crashes on exit I might revisit some of my old ports to fix them later though.

I already fixed the white window bug in openjazz, I made a new build which doesn't uses SDL_net. It looks like I forgot to upload the new binaries.

Posted on: 2012/11/23 7:03

Group:
@bszili:
Concerning output: ok i comprehend. Like i said it doesn't bother me too much . I just wasn't expecting it.

Quote:
It looks like I forgot to upload the new binaries.

It could also be i forgot to download it again The pace is quite high lately, so i tend to miss some things now and then.

btw: i tried mupen in my vbox with connected ps3 sixaxis controller -> it does not recognize the controller and it let's vbox crash . I need to look into this a bit further, but would be very problemartic to debug if you don't have such controller ofcourse :/

btw2: no windowed mode for candy crisis ?? -> can't make good uncomplicated screenshots this way

regards,

Posted on: 2012/11/23 7:13

From Hungary
Group:
It looks like Candy Crisis is hardcoded for fullscreen. According to the changelog it used to have windowed mode too, but it was slow on Mac OS X, so the author removed it. I'll try to find some way to fix this. A trivial solution would be adding a tooltype, but I'd prefer to have ingame switching via ALT+ENTER, and to have it saved into preferences.txt.

About the controller, if it works with other SDL stuff there's not much I can do. Even if I had a SIXAXIS gamepad, since the crash takes down the whole VM, I couldn't debug it I doubt the linux hosted version can use the host USB devices.

edit: I updated openjazz, try this version.

Posted on: 2012/11/23 7:44

Group:
Quote:
It looks like Candy Crisis is hardcoded for fullscreen. I'll try to find some way to fix this.

If you have items on you priority zero list please place windowed mode for candy crisis beneath that list

Quote:
A trivial solution would be adding a tooltype...

As a suggestion, add the data directory tooltype to openjazz (it is a real luxury starting different versions of openjazz and different custom levels).

Quote:
.. but I'd prefer to have ingame switching via ALT+ENTER, and to have it saved into preferences.txt.

see first answer in this post. Priority < 0 for me.

Quote:
About the controller,

Could the joystick test from mupen be a better testcase ? if so, can you be bothered by compiling it for aros ?

Quote:
if it works with other SDL stuff there's not much I can do.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't (never experienced a crash before though). This controller tends to confuse some games very much. The windows version detects it perfectly, but won't work because of missing 64-bit sixaxis-initialization code. 32-bit windblows with this controller works flawless with mupen.

Quote:
I doubt the linux hosted version can use the host USB devices.

AFAIK it indeed doesn't.

Quote:
edit: I updated openjazz, try this version.

YES !, this one works flawless (although i ran into a bug in the gamecode -> i was stuck in a wall where i should not be able to walk into in the first place ).

I checked all gamemodes, custom levels, three shareware versions and they all worked correctly. I did not finish all playable levels though there simply isn't enough time

If you can be bothered by adding the datadir tooltype it would be perfect

The scaling of this game is absolutely gorgeous luxury. Wished more sdl games had this.

Thank you very much bszili :thumbsup:

regards,

Posted on: 2012/11/23 10:29

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 14 ... 39 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.