Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »

Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

From London - England
Group:
Good luck with the USB, I'm afraid I have no ability to assist with the USB... I might be able to help a bit with graphics acceleration though :-/

I will probably try and write a simple driver to allow access to the GPIO first :)

Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
If I recall... Whoever did the RISCOS port for raspberry also found usb to be a bit of an issue. Don't have a clue if there's any source available or if it'd even be helpful to look at.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:21

Group:
afaik the original documentation of the used hardware is closed (only open to other hw developers).

Also there is a linux driver. There seems to be a lot of workarounds needed to let things work as intended.

Ofcourse this needs to be adapted to fit into AROS' usb implementation as well, but it wouldn't be a 'simple' one-on-one conversion. Especially the quirks are most probably a pita.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:35

Group:
@kalamatee, bloodline

Just out of curiosity, when you mention the USB driver, you mean porting the Poiseidon USB stack or writing one from scratch (please excuse my ignorance)?

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:38

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Good luck with the USB, I'm afraid I have no ability to assist with the USB... I might be able to help a bit with graphics acceleration though :-/

I will probably try and write a simple driver to allow access to the GPIO first :)

GPIO shouldn't be too bad but bear in mind it is already accessed in places so they would need to allocate pins etc through it (e.g. sdcard to flicker the activity light, serial debug to output data on the GPIO pins)

Ive also started an i2c driver that will need to allocate GPIO pins. Feel free to work on it if you are interested ;p

To improve the Gfx driver, we will need a DMA resource implemented that it and other drivers (e.g. sdcard) can use to perform dma operations. The Gfx driver will need this to perform blits.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:49

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Quote:

jman wrote:
@kalamatee, bloodline

Just out of curiosity, when you mention the USB driver, you mean porting the Poiseidon USB stack or writing one from scratch (please excuse my ignorance)?

Implementing the hardware driver that Poseidon uses to interact with the USB components.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:52

From London - England
Group:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:

GPIO shouldn't be too bad but bear in mind it is already accessed in places so they would need to allocate pins etc through it (e.g. sdcard to flicker the activity light, serial debug to output data on the GPIO pins)

Ive also started an i2c driver that will need to allocate GPIO pins. Feel free to work on it if you are interested ;p

To improve the Gfx driver, we will need a DMA resource implemented that it and other drivers (e.g. sdcard) can use to perform dma operations. The Gfx driver will need this to perform blits.

I've done some bear metal programming on the pi, where I treat it as a microcontroler, so I understand how the GPIO is set up on the board... The difficulty for me will be writing an exec style Device as I've never done that before :)

Posted on: 2013/6/1 16:27

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:

I've done some bear metal programming on the pi, where I treat it as a microcontroler, so I understand how the GPIO is set up on the board... The difficulty for me will be writing an exec style Device as I've never done that before :)

A ".device" might be overkill for the GPIO needs - probably a ".resource" would be a better fit.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 17:00

From London - England
Group:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:

A ".device" might be overkill for the GPIO needs - probably a ".resource" would be a better fit.

I never really understood what a resource was... a library without functions? I think Jason summed up the difference between libraries, devices and resources on the dev list...

Anyway my build keeps crapping out at .../workbench/libs/popupmenu/... no idea why :(

Posted on: 2013/6/13 14:07

Group:
Hi,

will AROS ABI v1 or v0 or both be available for the Pi?
I need to now what I should target. I assume ABI v0 armhf. ???
I would like to convince people to do some ports of apps and games.

Posted on: 2013/6/16 11:43
www.ares-shop.de

« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.