Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2004/3/29 12:03
From London - England
Group:
Member
Posts: 476
Offline
Good luck with the USB, I'm afraid I have no ability to assist with the USB... I might be able to help a bit with graphics acceleration though :-/

I will probably try and write a simple driver to allow access to the GPIO first :)

Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2013/5/15 23:10
Group:
Member
Posts: 13
Offline
If I recall... Whoever did the RISCOS port for raspberry also found usb to be a bit of an issue. Don't have a clue if there's any source available or if it'd even be helpful to look at.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2011/6/30 19:50
Group:
Member
Posts: 4095
Offline
afaik the original documentation of the used hardware is closed (only open to other hw developers).

Also there is a linux driver. There seems to be a lot of workarounds needed to let things work as intended.

Ofcourse this needs to be adapted to fit into AROS' usb implementation as well, but it wouldn't be a 'simple' one-on-one conversion. Especially the quirks are most probably a pita.


Posted on: 2013/6/1 1:35
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2012/1/16 5:57
Group:
Member
Posts: 272
Offline
@kalamatee, bloodline

Just out of curiosity, when you mention the USB driver, you mean porting the Poiseidon USB stack or writing one from scratch (please excuse my ignorance)?

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2004/3/29 9:54
From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Member
Posts: 2024
Offline
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Good luck with the USB, I'm afraid I have no ability to assist with the USB... I might be able to help a bit with graphics acceleration though :-/

I will probably try and write a simple driver to allow access to the GPIO first :)


GPIO shouldn't be too bad but bear in mind it is already accessed in places so they would need to allocate pins etc through it (e.g. sdcard to flicker the activity light, serial debug to output data on the GPIO pins)

Ive also started an i2c driver that will need to allocate GPIO pins. Feel free to work on it if you are interested ;p

To improve the Gfx driver, we will need a DMA resource implemented that it and other drivers (e.g. sdcard) can use to perform dma operations. The Gfx driver will need this to perform blits.


Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:49
_________________
Click to see original Image in a new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2004/3/29 9:54
From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Member
Posts: 2024
Offline
Quote:

jman wrote:
@kalamatee, bloodline

Just out of curiosity, when you mention the USB driver, you mean porting the Poiseidon USB stack or writing one from scratch (please excuse my ignorance)?


Implementing the hardware driver that Poseidon uses to interact with the USB components.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 3:52
_________________
Click to see original Image in a new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2004/3/29 12:03
From London - England
Group:
Member
Posts: 476
Offline
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Good luck with the USB, I'm afraid I have no ability to assist with the USB... I might be able to help a bit with graphics acceleration though :-/

I will probably try and write a simple driver to allow access to the GPIO first :)


GPIO shouldn't be too bad but bear in mind it is already accessed in places so they would need to allocate pins etc through it (e.g. sdcard to flicker the activity light, serial debug to output data on the GPIO pins)

Ive also started an i2c driver that will need to allocate GPIO pins. Feel free to work on it if you are interested ;p

To improve the Gfx driver, we will need a DMA resource implemented that it and other drivers (e.g. sdcard) can use to perform dma operations. The Gfx driver will need this to perform blits.



I've done some bear metal programming on the pi, where I treat it as a microcontroler, so I understand how the GPIO is set up on the board... The difficulty for me will be writing an exec style Device as I've never done that before :)

Posted on: 2013/6/1 16:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2004/3/29 9:54
From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Member
Posts: 2024
Offline
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Good luck with the USB, I'm afraid I have no ability to assist with the USB... I might be able to help a bit with graphics acceleration though :-/

I will probably try and write a simple driver to allow access to the GPIO first :)


GPIO shouldn't be too bad but bear in mind it is already accessed in places so they would need to allocate pins etc through it (e.g. sdcard to flicker the activity light, serial debug to output data on the GPIO pins)

Ive also started an i2c driver that will need to allocate GPIO pins. Feel free to work on it if you are interested ;p

To improve the Gfx driver, we will need a DMA resource implemented that it and other drivers (e.g. sdcard) can use to perform dma operations. The Gfx driver will need this to perform blits.



I've done some bear metal programming on the pi, where I treat it as a microcontroler, so I understand how the GPIO is set up on the board... The difficulty for me will be writing an exec style Device as I've never done that before :)


A ".device" might be overkill for the GPIO needs - probably a ".resource" would be a better fit.

Posted on: 2013/6/1 17:00
_________________
Click to see original Image in a new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2004/3/29 12:03
From London - England
Group:
Member
Posts: 476
Offline
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

bloodline wrote:
Good luck with the USB, I'm afraid I have no ability to assist with the USB... I might be able to help a bit with graphics acceleration though :-/

I will probably try and write a simple driver to allow access to the GPIO first :)


GPIO shouldn't be too bad but bear in mind it is already accessed in places so they would need to allocate pins etc through it (e.g. sdcard to flicker the activity light, serial debug to output data on the GPIO pins)

Ive also started an i2c driver that will need to allocate GPIO pins. Feel free to work on it if you are interested ;p

To improve the Gfx driver, we will need a DMA resource implemented that it and other drivers (e.g. sdcard) can use to perform dma operations. The Gfx driver will need this to perform blits.



I've done some bear metal programming on the pi, where I treat it as a microcontroler, so I understand how the GPIO is set up on the board... The difficulty for me will be writing an exec style Device as I've never done that before :)


A ".device" might be overkill for the GPIO needs - probably a ".resource" would be a better fit.


I never really understood what a resource was... a library without functions? I think Jason summed up the difference between libraries, devices and resources on the dev list...

Anyway my build keeps crapping out at .../workbench/libs/popupmenu/... no idea why :(

Posted on: 2013/6/13 14:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Native port for Raspberry Pi

Joined:
2006/7/29 4:11
Group:
Member
Posts: 3892
Offline
Hi,

will AROS ABI v1 or v0 or both be available for the Pi?
I need to now what I should target. I assume ABI v0 armhf. ???
I would like to convince people to do some ports of apps and games.

Posted on: 2013/6/16 11:43
_________________
www.aeros-os.org AEROS for Raspberry Pi
www.aros-broadway.de Native AROS for i386 and m68k
www.indiego-Gaming.com indieGO! The AppStore for all amigans
www.ares-shop.de
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 ... 8 9 10 (11) 12 13 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Search
Top Posters
1 paolone
paolone
4364
2 magorium
magorium
4095
3 phoenixkonsole
phoenixkonsole
3892
4 nikolaos
nikolaos
3694
5 deadwood
deadwood
2923
6 ncafferkey
ncafferkey
2648
7 mazze
mazze
2214
8 clusteruk
clusteruk
2111
9 Kalamatee
Kalamatee
2024
10 damocles
damocles
1789
© 2004-2017 AROS Exec