Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 »

Re: Odyssey web browser future

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
@niko: http://kalamatee.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... l-its-been-while.html?m=1

I had updated it until my machine failed last year (so it was upto Mesa 10.2), but had not yet managed to update nouveau or looked at the Radeon code much.

Posted on: 4/3 14:06

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
And FYI- it wouldn’t be doable on ABI v0 without a massive amount of work I have no intention of doing (needs gcc 6 + AROS header/build system fixes which are too big to backport). I also made some changes to allow games to automatically select the gfx drivers gallium hidd, etc - the ABI v0 code just has a hard coded list of drivers it tries, and will probably get it wrong in systems with multiple gfx chipsets available.

Posted on: 4/3 14:10

From Norway
Group:
Kalamatee: Whow :O That is impressive list and we not seen any of it. Now I understand why you commented about my problems with IntelGMA using abi v.0 :)
As said lets get you that new laptop and abandon abi v.0 :D

Posted on: 4/3 14:16

Group:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:

ARM is the main one which breaks, so it all needs to be tested (that’s why I had 13+ AROS build trees) with all AROS’s targets and verified as working before it can be switched. The other option is of course to drop OWB/ICU but I don’t think that’s desirable.

unfortunatelly i dont have any device i can test arm target with, i fear. im also not advocating dopping aros owb, but i would get over dropping icu-4.2.1 in favour of working 60.2 i suppose. id keep the diff for testing, but as i said owb itself could be easily switched not to require icu on all platforms. i think it could be a reasonable sacrifice to have a browser with ten years old engine slightly limited in favour of much more feature reach fontend for almost up to date (and updateable) version of the same engine.

Quote:

# There are still fixes needed in AROS’s headers to make it work properly with c++

i see, the c++ functions for the group of c macros dont work. across the code is actually no occurence of them prefixed with std:: . unfortunatelly there is little c++ code as refeence in aros. im looking at aros cmath and the genuine one, but atm i dont grasp what all the macros do.

Quote:

I’m aware of that but I don’t know how github is with regards to doing builds like we use sourceforge for.

What I meant was, it would be better to have a separate project that pulls in the AROS SDK/toolchain and builds all the ‘extra’ software that isn’t strictly part of the OS. Of course there needs to be some common/expected tools that are included in the base AROS ‘package’, but everything else (games, extra code/replacements for AROS core components - such as dopus) should be done there. it also gives incentive to make sure the sdk is correct and working.

im least to say inexperienced with git and completely new to github. id dont know how would i automate builds and such, but i may find out one day. but i dont think its necessary fo now. i can compile snapshots for different platforms and post them. and others can compile their platforms, that should be enough for the beginning.

Posted on: 4/3 14:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:

i see, the c++ functions for the group of c macros dont work. across the code is actually no occurence of them prefixed with std:: . unfortunatelly there is little c++ code as refeence in aros. im looking at aros cmath and the genuine one, but atm i dont grasp what all the macros do.

that means they seem to work on i386 and on host which is also i386 in my case, which means i suspect, they fail while crosscompiling.

Posted on: 4/3 15:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Some of the gfx subsystem changes/fixes are already in ABi v1 ;)

I think there’s screenshots on photobucket of them working (including the newer Mesa code)

Posted on: 4/3 15:46

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
Quote:

wawa wrote:

that means they seem to work on i386 and on host which is also i386 in my case, which means i suspect, they fail while crosscompiling.

Sadly I can’t really check or look into it just now - but I suspect the problem is some of the functions are provided by our stdc library, and it’s header(s) get pulled in causing the names to be expanded incorrectly using the macros that are used to access the shared library.

So Deadwood then prob undefined them and tried to make it directly use the compilers builtins, which aren’t available on some arch’s.

Posted on: 4/3 16:15

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
This is probably where the fixes need to be done ..

https://github.com/ezrec/AROS-mirror/b ... /include/aros/stdc/math.h

Also read this thread to get a bit more info on what is needed ... https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=44611

Edit:

Ive looked a little more into this but it doesnt look quite so straight forward. You might want to try and speak to Fabio Alemagna (ive msg'd him and will see if he can take a look into this..), but theres potentialy more to it.

As that thread says, if the stdc implementation defines the function as a macro - the c++ header should, so even in deadwoods fix this should be the case (I dont believe it is)

It might be enough to protect the definitions in math.h (*) with some ifdef though im not sure what it should be if thats the case or possible, however if that isnt ..

.. I would start by replacing the macros similar to the following ..

replace
#define    isfinite(x)                    

((sizeof (x) == sizeof (float)) ? __isfinitef(x)    
    : (
sizeof (x) == sizeof (double)) ? __isfinite(x)    
    : 
__isfinitel(x))

with

#define __isfinite_WB(x) ({

((sizeof (x) == sizeof (float)) ? __isfinitef(x)    
    : (
sizeof (x) == sizeof (double)) ? __isfinite(x)    
    : 
__isfinitel(x));
})

#define isfinite(x) 

__isfinite_WB(x)

since our headers appear to be based on freebsd ones, you might also want to see if they have any changes of a similar nature (e.g. https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/lib/msun/src/math.h)

If that isnt enough ..

It may be that the AROS gcc6 toolchain misses some define(s) in its os_defines.h/config files which will correct the behaviour - again this isnt clear and needs looked in to ... It might also be the case that we lack some needed C99 math functions in our stdc implementation.

Really I would need to speak to someone with more knowledge on the subject to pinpoint exactly what is wrong and how to correctly fix it, but suffice to say it needs fixed either in AROS headers, or the toolchain, or both.

* - math.h seems to be in or come from the wrong location. AFAIK it is part of the posix specification (see http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/ ... 19799/basedefs/math.h.htm) so should bee under "src/compiler/posixc/include/aros/posixc", not the stdc location

Posted on: 4/3 16:18

Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/4/3 17:24:25
Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/4/3 17:26:28
Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/4/3 17:48:42
Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/4/3 18:02:35
Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/4/3 18:21:42

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/com ... 8d266229dd2ff26543d90438a

Ive emailed you with a slightly updated/fixed version for AROS. Please test it and let me know or commit it if all is well.

Posted on: 4/3 19:22

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
@ Nikos:

Click to see original Image in a new window

Edit:
Hmm photo bucket sucks... i will fix the images later

Posted on: 4/3 19:37

Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/4/4 9:13:12