Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 26 »

Re: Odyssey web browser future

Group:
@kalamatee

thx, just looking through the post. contact via mail or dev-ml might be a bit more efficient, since days i have problem to display aros-exec, even deleting cookies, seems to be on the server side.

btw, the other problem of overloaded calls. i see m68k arch cpu.h doesnt even define #define AROS_32BIT_TYPE
funny enough it seems to be long. last night i noticed slightly different behaviour compiling odyssey with such a define (aros itself compiled well) when trying to get odyssey compiled with it. maybe its a track to get it right?

Posted on: 4/3 23:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Madrid
Group:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:

* - my 10+ year old PC is failing dramatically, and since I don’t have the funds to replace it or the hard drives holding my data, I am unable to do anything. I also have no intention using a lower spec machine to try develop code since it would be too time consuming.

I pay you a new hardrive. Send me your address and the size you want through pm and I will give you details

I appreciate the gesture, but it isnt worth doing until I can get 2x 2TB drives to replace my existing array that houses the source trees and virtual machines I use to build and test AROS.

And since the machine itself isnt exactly running well, Im not sure it is worth replacing them until such time as I can get a new PC - but I just cant afford to purchase a core i7/32GB RAM and suitable motherboard. Im sure for most people that sounds like overkill for a machine - but when you have multiple virtual machines running and 13+ builds of AROS going at a time ... it becomes a necessity.

Thanks again for offering though.

You're welcome. thanks to you for your fantastic work.
Anyway I think you could try to check if you can recover things just with the hardrives I offer you, while we complete a more ambitious plan:

Instead of organizing a complicated bounty, I propose the opposite: Please tell us the amount required for your new system, and the prefered payment method, so we transfer different ammounts (each one as much as it is able) up to that sum.

Posted on: 4/8 11:20

Edited by x-vision on 2018/4/8 23:58:18

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

x-vision wrote:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:

* - my 10+ year old PC is failing dramatically, and since I don’t have the funds to replace it or the hard drives holding my data, I am unable to do anything. I also have no intention using a lower spec machine to try develop code since it would be too time consuming.

I pay you a new hardrive. Send me your address and the size you want through pm and I will give you details

I appreciate the gesture, but it isnt worth doing until I can get 2x 2TB drives to replace my existing array that houses the source trees and virtual machines I use to build and test AROS.

And since the machine itself isnt exactly running well, Im not sure it is worth replacing them until such time as I can get a new PC - but I just cant afford to purchase a core i7/32GB RAM and suitable motherboard. Im sure for most people that sounds like overkill for a machine - but when you have multiple virtual machines running and 13+ builds of AROS going at a time ... it becomes a necessity.

Thanks again for offering though.

You're welcome. thanks to you for your fantastic work.
Anyway I think you could try to check if you can recover things just with the hardrives I offer you, while we complete a more ambitious plan:

If I can get replacement drives I can atleast get my data and vm’s recovered, but I will be limited to what I can do.

2 of something like this would be ideal ..
https://www.ebuyer.com/726223-toshiba- ... e-hard-drive-hdwd120uzsva

Quote:

Instead of organizing a complicated bounty, I propose the opposite: Please tell us the amount required for your new system, and the prefered method for payment, so we we transfer your different ammounts (each one as much as it is able) until we get to that sum.

Well as stated it come to around 900 - the cpu is around 340, memory is around the same and motherboard around 240.

Posted on: 4/8 18:09

Group:
actually im not in the position to donate right now, but well.. if 10 people put per 100 into it, seems we might be in. now, let me think..

Posted on: 4/8 18:14

From Germany
Group:
On 1st of May I can donate 30€!

Posted on: 4/8 22:59

Group:
@Kalamatee

If you don't have any other stopping requisite, I'd suggest to consider a Ryzen 7 machine instead of the i7: motherboards for AMD processors (and processors themselves) are a little bit cheaper than Intel based ones. You should save around €100 or more, to get the same CPU power.

Good choice for the P300 hard drives: I had one for quite some time, and it was blazing fast, despite being a 'simple' mechanical hard drive.

I hope you can at least reuse the video card, since this kind of components is now selling at ridiculously high prices.

Posted on: 4/9 3:51

Group:
he said he doesnt want amd.

Posted on: 4/9 9:27

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

paolone wrote:
@Kalamatee

If you don't have any other stopping requisite, I'd suggest to consider a Ryzen 7 machine instead of the i7: motherboards for AMD processors (and processors themselves) are a little bit cheaper than Intel based ones. You should save around €100 or more, to get the same CPU power.

I just dont like to use AMD hardware any more - ive had too many bad experiences over 20+ years both using them, and servicing other peoples hardware. They run considerably hotter which also can become problematic. But those are beside the point, they just dont have the CPU features im after to develop code for AROS.

Quote:

Good choice for the P300 hard drives: I had one for quite some time, and it was blazing fast, despite being a 'simple' mechanical hard drive.

They should be enough to run the vms from in a raid array.

Quote:

I hope you can at least reuse the video card, since this kind of components is now selling at ridiculously high prices.

Yes I have an older (750) nvidia card I use still since its less important for developing ... I would like to get my hands on a 10x0 generation card or better some day to develop the nouveau code with but I wont be holding my breath.

Posted on: 4/9 12:46

Group:
i have zotac gtx660 2gb i have put out of service just lately, i can really spare it. but its an old brick by usual comprehension, i know. might jsut make a backup.

Posted on: 4/9 15:16

From Norway
Group:
One of the major problems with Odyssey is the video player as it is not working good. Way slower that it should be. There are some interference with the video, audio synch that kind of stalls it.

Youtube is just a very important channel these days.
Not to talk about other video stuff on newspapers pages etc.

How hard would it be to maybe change or someone could look at the video player in Odyssey.

Posted on: 4/10 5:07

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 26 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]