Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 »

Re: Odyssey web browser future

From Norway
Group:
Ok. I see. That should be a priority then. Is that a huge amount of work?
Would be nice if someone named a price and we could collect.

Anyway. Great to see this project move on. Looking forward to try new version when ready.

Posted on: 4/25 13:48

Group:
@nikolaos

I think this project
https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl
need a little help from an Aros developer.

Posted on: 4/25 14:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
just short heads up, what happens.
icu-60.2 compiles now fine same for i386, ppc and m68k
this all thanks to c++ header updates and some slight but fundamental further changes for m68k target done by kalamatee only yesterday.
the problems with ambigous overloads on m68k are thus solved on the system level.
odyssey compiles fully (some parts still disabled) for i386 (tested), ppc (untested) and compiles well 26% into m68k build.

the current problem on m68k is as follows:

26%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSComputedStyleDeclaration.cpp.obj
In file included from 
/home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h:32:0,

from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/FastMalloc.h:26,

from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/config.h:75,

from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/CSSCalculationValue.cpp:32:
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:321:35error: static assertion failedRuleData_should_stay_small

#define COMPILE_ASSERT(exp, name) static_assert((exp), #name)

^
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/RuleSet.h:144:1notein expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'

COMPILE_ASSERT(sizeof(RuleData) == sizeof(SameSizeAsRuleData), RuleData_should_stay_small);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
26%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSContentDistributionValue.cpp.obj
26%] Building CXX object Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSCrossfadeValue.cpp.obj
Source
/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/build.make:21609recipe for target 'Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSCalculationValue.cpp.obj' failed
make
[4]: *** [Source/WebCore/CMakeFiles/WebCore.dir/css/CSSCalculationValue.cpp.objError 1
make
[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/StdLibExtras.h:32:0,

from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/FastMalloc.h:26,

from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/config.h:75,

from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/CSSComputedStyleDeclaration.cpp:25:
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.h:321:35error: static assertion failedRuleData_should_stay_small

#define COMPILE_ASSERT(exp, name) static_assert((exp), #name)

^
/
home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/WebCore/css/RuleSet.h:144:1notein expansion of macro 'COMPILE_ASSERT'

COMPILE_ASSERT(sizeof(RuleData) == sizeof(SameSizeAsRuleData), RuleData_should_stay_small);

you need to check sizeof(RuleData), and sizeof(SameSizeAsRuleData) - and find out why they do not match.

Posted on: 4/25 14:17

From Norway
Group:
Sabbate: Sourceforge work if you update ca-boundle.crt

This file is located in Odyssey main directory just search for it online and replace. Does not matter where it come from. It is a global file.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bagd ... ndle/master/ca-bundle.crt

Posted on: 4/25 14:38

From Italy
Group:
ok it works now thanks niko

Posted on: 4/26 0:23
https://soundcloud.com/sabbate

Group:
For AmiSSL specifically this must be the starting point to support this project for AROS:
https://github.com/jens-maus/amissl/issues/7

As a user I would like to see any Aros developer involved.

Posted on: 4/26 1:55

From Norway
Group:
I have a question.

If we get a new version of AmiSSL will we need a recompile of Odyssey or is it just a matter of replacing library or something?

If someone makes this work for AROS I will pay that person 50£

I urge others to do the same. Maybe not same amount but put in some money and it become more interesting for a developer to do it.

Posted on: 4/26 5:41

From Nürnberg, Deutschland
Group:
New AmiSSL is a shared library so it would not needed to be recompiled but there are only 3.x and 4.X versions up to now

Posted on: 4/27 1:47

Group:
currently aros version of openssl is a simple link library that gets statically linked with the application that uses it. so, yes, the application needs to be recompiled every time library source gets updated to a new version. not that it is such a huge problem, we have nightlies, after all.

but, as kal said, having a proper dynamic amiga sort of a library (possibly api compatible with amissl) would be nice, and could be done based on amissl, but it also means additional work adding the interface and init code to the source, which is not as trivial as that just anybody can do that, me for example, given i had nothing else to do at present.

Posted on: 4/27 8:17

From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Well, there’s 2 issues really - having it directly linked means the binary is quite bloated (especially when you consider all the other statically linked support, like ffmpeg etc) which is not really AmigaOS like (where things are implemented in a modular manner)

And then you also have the fact the application needs rebuilt any time you want to try and update any of the external components.

FWIW I have partly already ported AmiSSL 4(.1?) - however I ran into some issues and found the AmiSSL devs leas than helpful when I asked for advice/help. Unfortunately the work is on my broken drives so until such time as I can get the data off ... it’s unusable.

I’m also not going to be able to do much more coding for a while, since my friend has to go away and work again now - and I will be unable to access his pc.

Posted on: 4/27 13:55

« 1 ... 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]