Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

oGALAXYo, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: [Odyssey Web Browser wishlist ]: WebGL & dependencies necessary for use of Babylon.js & three.js

Group:
Quote:

RickAstoria wrote:

Sound good. I might want to run Linux in the VMPlayer from a thumb drive or some Flash media for development but I probably could fit it in my remaining 1.4+ TB of free space of the main hard drive. It doesn't hurt me to use any distribution of Linux but for developmental purpose, at least one setup in Lubuntu would make sense so we are working on the same page with less headache that would result from running different distribution packages.

usb thumb might slow things down. better use an drive image on a fast interface, that remains fast with little non sequential file writes and eads like when copiling complex source. also dedicate enough space for the image. from my experience 100gb can be tight, but im compiling many targets in parallel. but consider it, before you need to use gparted to expand the image.

the version of lubuntu i use is dated and slowly annoyes me, when i need to get yet another package. also it has limited functionalities like no source higlighting in basic editor. but ubuntu and plain debian annoyed me more to start with, so best do make your own choice.

important is to get something fairly mainstream due to packages chhoice.

Posted on: 7/7 2:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: [Odyssey Web Browser wishlist ]: WebGL & dependencies necessary for use of Babylon.js & three.js

From Italy
Group:
hello

I had to uninstall aros for owb, no longer updated for a few years and I was sorry, I understand the situation hate of what goes around it for its development etc .. etc ..., your work would be very welcome and I would say that I would have no words to add about, what I can do as a simple user and make some donation for your work, if you want to send in private your paypal address, I will provide according to my possibilities.
I was born with amiga and aros for me to use it on my computer is like an oasis in the desert, I spent years developing and using it as a main system and I think I'm not alone.

have a good day

Posted on: 7/7 3:02

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
Quote:

RickAstoria wrote:

Sound good. I might want to run Linux in the VMPlayer from a thumb drive or some Flash media for development but I probably could fit it in my remaining 1.4+ TB of free space of the main hard drive. It doesn't hurt me to use any distribution of Linux but for developmental purpose, at least one setup in Lubuntu would make sense so we are working on the same page with less headache that would result from running different distribution packages.

usb thumb might slow things down. better use an drive image on a fast interface, that remains fast with little non sequential file writes and eads like when copiling complex source. also dedicate enough space for the image. from my experience 100gb can be tight, but im compiling many targets in parallel. but consider it, before you need to use gparted to expand the image.

the version of lubuntu i use is dated and slowly annoyes me, when i need to get yet another package. also it has limited functionalities like no source higlighting in basic editor. but ubuntu and plain debian annoyed me more to start with, so best do make your own choice.

important is to get something fairly mainstream due to packages chhoice.

I think I have enough room on my hard drive for it. I still technically have an unused terabyte of my hard drive volume as well as an additional hard drive that I can install on to one of the SATA connectors on the mobo.

I have room to do a larger build if I need to later but I have some 1200+ GBytes still free on the HD that is active but the main OS has some room. Not too big of a problem at this time.

Posted on: 7/7 3:39

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Quote:

sabbate wrote:
hello

I had to uninstall aros for owb, no longer updated for a few years and I was sorry, I understand the situation hate of what goes around it for its development etc .. etc ..., your work would be very welcome and I would say that I would have no words to add about, what I can do as a simple user and make some donation for your work, if you want to send in private your paypal address, I will provide according to my possibilities.
I was born with amiga and aros for me to use it on my computer is like an oasis in the desert, I spent years developing and using it as a main system and I think I'm not alone.

have a good day

We can touch basis on donation/paypal stuff at a future date. I am currently not ready to collect donations for this at the moment. As for wawa and others, they'll speak for themselves. I'm just speaking for myself. At least to me, your positive support is encouraging.

Posted on: 7/7 3:45

From Norway
Group:
I'm much in the same boat as Sabbate. I can beta test and donate money.

Posted on: 7/7 4:26

From Italy
Group:
guys is the least I can do, aros must live

Posted on: 7/7 4:35

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
I'm much in the same boat as Sabbate. I can beta test and donate money.

I'm not against the idea of donation but I don't want collect donation for any of my projects until I have done some 'tangible' level of work on my part and a momentum going on my part beyond just reading some source code.

As I am studying the challenges faced, I wouldn't want take money before hand. I want to be sure people are getting something tangible, so to speak, and that donations are like rewards for accomplishments made and an encouragement to reach the next mile stone.

As for beta testing, that will be great when we get to that stage.

Posted on: 7/7 10:24

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Quote:

sabbate wrote:
guys is the least I can do, aros must live

I agree.

Posted on: 7/7 10:25

Group:
Quote:

A-Siegel wrote:
Quote:

RickAstoria wrote:

(WE = whoever gets that part working first and this part is important enough to be a collective effort to get that part working for us and benefits us not just AROS/IcarosDesktop but also those on non-x86 systems like PPC Amiga platforms, MorphOS, etc.)

AROS, MorphOS and AOS all use somewhat different APIs for 3D graphics.

Anyway, leopard-webkit, which is based on a fairly recent Webkit version, does provide WebGL on old MacOS releases for PowerPC hardware. I tested this a while ago and it does work for simple WebGL demos at least.

That said, in terms of overall performance, this is more interesting for AROS. In theory at least. In practice, a lot of the existing users run AROS hosted or virtualized and lack proper access to 3D hardware acceleration so WebGL would be of little use to them.

Still, any improvements you can do add to Odyssey would be welcome I am sure.

Deadwood had webgl working on Odyssey. IIRC he decided to not release it because at the time it actually was working better hosted(hostgl) than natively.

Posted on: 7/9 1:37

Group:
@ Georg

Thanks. I meant to add (hosted or virtualized) "on Windows".

Posted on: 7/9 4:12

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.