Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: UADE

From Hungary
Group:
magorium:
Hiccups? Is this with the latest version? Darn, I have to test it with a slower machine too, to make sure it wont stutter. A new version is coming soon, which will be hopefully a bit faster.

QBit: It would be indeed awesome. But it doesn't have to be a new player, a plugin for an existing player would be great *nudge, nudge, wink wink*

Posted on: 2012/9/1 0:37

Group:
Quote:
Hiccups? Is this with the latest version?

huh ? what ? did i hear something ?

my download has a uadecore from 18:47:30 (31/8/2012). I fired it up. Started playing.. and i have been playing eversince (my last post)... so what new version ?

Should i download again ? Because this one still uses the getmsg solution... at least it should be becuase it causes the funny seconds counter... or am i mistaken ?

Did i already say thank you ? No ? Thank you !!

regards,

Posted on: 2012/9/1 0:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Hungary
Group:
I did at least 3 silent upgrades since I uploaded the first one Be vigilant!

edit: I just updated it again. Now it doesn't have the ugly "xy exited with unfreed signal" messages, because I moved the message port creations/deletions into the correct task.

Posted on: 2012/9/1 1:42

Group:
@bszili,

houston we have a problem with cache. it's me, you or your server. it keeps saying it's the same file ? I will try and try. if i can't get out of it i will hauler again

red: appearantly it was me. For some reason the cache was't cleared. I had to convince with a reboot :S

Thank you.

Posted on: 2012/9/1 2:19

Edited by magorium on 2012/9/1 3:02:40

Group:
@bszili:

ah this is much better \o/.

Strangly i was only able to download the latest (you said 3 updates) today. This time it didnt seem i was at fault ?.

So now i am testing the one with uaecore 21:21:50/31/8/2012

hicups seems gone.. still the music get's stopped at intesive operations like resizing windows (own and others).

When i tried in vbox with another window open doing a dir ALL the music stops at a certain point untill the dir is finished. So it really could use a higher priority i guess.
(i couldnt find an option for that so fast, but i really should read the original docs )

i take it some options still need implementation (either in your or the original version) ? or i must misinterpret some options as they seem to not give anything usefull output to go on either (and nothing seems to happen). e.g. i seems to be unable to scan a directory with --scan option.

Great work bszili. i really enjoy this one. No need to hurry as it is _very_ usefull already. \o/

Oh btw. should it be possible to play powerpacked files ? It didnt like my powerpacked files when i throwed them at the player.

regards,

Posted on: 2012/9/2 8:56

From Hungary
Group:
I don't have these slowdowns when resizing the windows with the new version. I wonder if higher task/message priority could cure this. An easy solution would be increasing the message size again, but I doubt it would solve the the complete halt when you list the directory.
Yes, there are are a few features still being in the works. Right now I'm adding support for pattern matching, so you can do something like: uade123 songs/AHX.*
On *nix this is done by the shell.

Posted on: 2012/9/2 9:16

Group:
Quote:
I don't have these slowdowns when resizing the windows with the new version.

Good. Well since it seems related to graphical action (being it intuition or otherwise) it very well could be my vesa that's troubling things (i can do other time intesive tasks that don't disturb playing).

Quote:
I wonder if higher task/message priority could cure this.

In that case you are correct. Keep in mind it happens on a single-core atom and vbox. so i might be missing some power here.

Quote:
An easy solution would be increasing the message size again..

Perhaps better leave it for now. If it works for you then it works. I think it's better to concentrate on things really going wrong or missing.

Quote:
Yes, there are are a few features still being in the works.

Okidoki. Then i know it's not me . Don't worry too much about it. At this pont it is really usefull already. Just enjoy yourself

Ah yes... the wildcard stuff.. it's boresome :S

regards,

Posted on: 2012/9/2 9:42

From Hungary
Group:
Hey, I'm testing this on a Phenom II X4 970T BE (which is an OEM X6 1075T with two cores disabled), so I'm unlikely to find any performance problems unless they are very severe I want this thing to work on netbooks too, so I appreciate the report Have you tried increasing the shell's priority with ChangeTaskPri?
The wildcard matching itself is a breeze, but separating the directory name from the filename is a nightmare. There are so many cases to take care of! Argh!

Posted on: 2012/9/2 10:18

Group:
Quote:
I want this thing to work on netbooks too, so I appreciate the report

no problem. and it works like a charm...

Quote:
Have you tried increasing the shell's priority with ChangeTaskPri?

forgot about that Nah, it does not really matter (just a little, but going higher then 30 did not seem right). I've pinpointed it a bit more though If i click on a titlebar and hold the mouse. depending on the nr of seconds i hold the mouse (same for resize). hmz.. sounds like i need to play with the buffering a bit more.

Quote:
There are so many cases to take care of! Argh!

Well on a uplifitng side of things. if you manage to get this done properly you can re-use it btw i thought we had functions for that in aros :S.

Posted on: 2012/9/2 10:41

From Finland
Group:
@magorium

Any operation that blocks other programs from rendering to the WB screen while it's in progress will block uade123 audio output since the current time position in the shell is updated from the same task that handles outputting the audio. Operations that block screen rendering include but are not limited to menus (don't know if AROS implements non-blocking menus using borderless; if it does then that will help), resizing at least if it's non-opaque and icon dragging.

Changing the task priority won't do anything to fix this. Redirecting the output of uade123 to NIL: should work though.

Also in AmigaOS you should never use a priority >= 20 unless you have a very good reason because 20 is the priority of the "input.device" task.

Posted on: 2012/9/2 13:10

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.