Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: FreeCiv

Group:
Quote:
The server only starts when you select new game or load game in the menu, and it will be closed when you leave the game. This is how freeciv works on other platforms too.

Ah yes, i see now. When i firstly started it (without localhost) it always fired up the server. Now it does not but i did look badly as i am in full-screen now
Thanks for the explanation.

Quote:
You don't need to explicitly type quit

Yes, i know. but if all else fails it seems i still am able to do at least that.

Quote:
The game didn't crash for me with 1MB stack set in the icon, .... It's just a more user-proof method

Ah cool thinking. I understand it to be a user-proof method

Quote:
In VESA the only available resolution is the one you started AROS with.

In full-screen mode yes it is indeed.

Quote:
You can't switch to windowed mode at all, or you just don't have any other resolutions?

I started in windowed mode (640x480 or 800x600 can't remember, but the dimension was available).

Then i selected to have full-screen mode and selected resolution 1920x1080.

But there is no way to go back in windowed 800x600 mode. Indeed i can only select windowed 1920x1080 mode, but the 800x600 dimension is not available in the list anymore.

Perhaps this better explains what i mean ?

(again only with menu options, i did not have looked at shortcutkeys or settingsfile and also again it is not a big issue )

Quote:
BTW, you seem to be the only person not affected by the "menu-bug".

\o/ O boy, lucky me

Quote:
I have to fix this before the port really becomes usable.

i understand. If i can help you out with running a debug-version or something just give me a sign.

Quote:
I was able to reproduce the tileset-setting bug, that also goes to the TODO list.

Cool, and thank you. I was not sure you are at a point were it is acceptable to have bug-reports. I can produce more of those if you like

I just had the impression you already know about most of the issues as it is a very early release, so i am uncertain if it's worth bothering you with lame bug-reports.

regards,

Posted on: 2012/10/11 14:11
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Hungary
Group:
No, no, no. In VESA, the only available resolution, reported by the system, is the one you started AROS with. The only reason you were able to start with 640x480 because it's a hardcoded default. Just try to delete the config file, and try to select other resolutions while in 640x480. You'll only see only one in the list, the one reported by the system. This is not a bug, this is how the VESA driver works. Some games have a built-in list of hardcoded resolutions, some games only use those reported by the system.
I haven't really tested the game, so any bug-reports are welcome. You are already running the debug version

PS: Using SDL_GetMouseState didn't help, I guess it returns the value of the same variables. I wonder if I should start messing with SDL, or just do a quick hack, and access the underlying Window structure to read the mouse coordinates directly

Posted on: 2012/10/11 22:33

From Hungary
Group:
New version, the link is on my site. It includes the automatic stack increasing code. It works as a lower limit, so you can always give it more stack in the icon, or the shell with the stack command... but I don't think the game needs more than 1MB.
I also added the little hack I mentioned in my previous post. Selection by pointing is still a bit sluggish, but it makes the GUI usable. A proper solution would be fixing SDL.

Posted on: 2012/10/12 2:09

From Stockholm, Sweden
Group:
I'm gonna be the newbie here and confess that I can't get it to work. Neither by clicking the icon (naturally, since there are non) or by writing the name in Shell. And, this is the important part, there are no manual to tell me what to do.

So, how do I get the game to start? :)

Posted on: 2012/10/20 6:29

Group:
Quote:

BSzili wrote:

PS: Using SDL_GetMouseState didn't help, I guess it returns the value of the same variables. I wonder if I should start messing with SDL, or just do a quick hack, and access the underlying Window structure to read the mouse coordinates directly

I for one wouldnt complain if you wanted to have a look at SDL :)
It's far improved compared to 2 or 3 years ago already, but being that the open source world is where we get a lot of our software from any improvements to heavily used open source apis is good to have.

I wouldnt complain if you ever felt the urge to check out allegro either :)

Posted on: 2012/10/20 9:34

Group:
Quote:

I wouldnt complain if you ever felt the urge to check out allegro either :)

I'll second, and third that. Someone did an OS4 port of Allegro 4 a while ago, but I can't find the sources.

Going back to FreeCiv, can I turn the window gadgets and titlebar off, so the buttons at the bottom of the screen aren't hidden by borders?

Posted on: 2012/10/20 10:09

From Hungary
Group:
fsckit: Could you take a screenshot? I don't really understand what objects are obscured by what.

Posted on: 2012/10/20 10:33

Group:
http://i.imgur.com/kzvrV.png

The yellow order buttons at the bottom, as well as the map and info window are partly obscured by the bottom of the screen. It looks like it isn't taking in to account the difference between the internal and external dimensions of the window.
It is in 1280x1024 on VESA, in case that matters.
Thanks.

Posted on: 2012/10/20 12:27

Group:
@fsckit/bszili:

i can confirm this being faulty behaviour. as soon as the window get the full-screen size, it appears it does not take the innerwindow positions but outerwindow positions into account.

Siwtching to full-screen (if possible) solves the problem. switching back to windowed mode (and in my case same size as screen 1920x1080 because old 640x480 was gone), make the behaviour appear again.

the firstly created 640x480 window does everything correctly for me. Dunno if same applies for fsckit.

regards,

Posted on: 2012/10/20 13:43

Group:
Quote:

the firstly created 640x480 window does everything correctly for me. Dunno if same applies for fsckit.

It does.

Posted on: 2012/10/20 13:53

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.