Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 »

Re: What are you working on?

Group:
@magorium

Thanks for your support =)
The next step is a proper release, which I hope will be soon now since the program seems pretty stable on covered OS'es.
But I'll open up a new thread next beta session will appear ;)

@samo79

I have the OS4-test covered by a handful users apart from that I don't have an account on amigans.net =)

@cavemann

The ABI1 release was just for my own need (at work).
This won't be part of the release later on.
A Raspberry Pi release is very doable since I have both the hardware and the OS, but USB still doesn't work on it does it ? =)

Posted on: 2013/11/14 5:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Hi onyxsoft,

Dunno if it was already mentioned,

but if i start your snapit (beta 2) program on wanderer and click e.g. my dopus screen the windows box still displays the old wanderer/desktop windows. Only when i switch to dopus it will actually fill in the windows that are on dopus screen.

This is (or can be) a bit confusing for the enduser. I would expect that the window list box is updated when i select another screen from the screen-list ?

just 2 cents,

Posted on: 2013/11/17 9:36

From US
Group:
I'm finally accepting the advice everyone here has been giving me and installing AROS hosted. I haven't used Linux in years and I've never been fond of any of the desktops available. So I used sh more than anything. But again, that was 15 years ago. :( Anyway, I choose Ubuntu 14.04 as my first attempt. More rambling at https://aroshacking.wordpress.com/2016 ... aking-the-experts-advice/

Posted on: 2016/8/17 6:06

From Sunny Finland
Group:
Quote:

JonRobertson wrote:
I'm finally accepting the advice everyone here has been giving me and installing AROS hosted. I haven't used Linux in years and I've never been fond of any of the desktops available. So I used sh more than anything. But again, that was 15 years ago. :( Anyway, I choose Ubuntu 14.04 as my first attempt. More rambling at https://aroshacking.wordpress.com/2016 ... aking-the-experts-advice/

My personal preference is the Fedora distribution (mainly because out of the box it does dot allow to litter the "workbench" with anything) I also like how one can quickly change the frontmost app with a simple mouse move to the top left corner.

I think I'm using Fedora 22 at the moment.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 9:21

From US
Group:
Thanks. I tried Ubuntu 14.04 this morning. I came across several posts of people doing cross-development with Ubuntu and I know it is a very popular distro. Unfortunately I couldn't get x to display use anything other than 640x480 resolution. And I think those icons are 64x64. There was so little desktop space. :(

I'll give Fedora 22 a try tonight.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 9:33

From Sunny Finland
Group:
If you do a checkout from the SVN and type configure it will fail as the dependencies are not met. "sudo yum provides" will then give you some advice what to yum in. There's not much but some of the libs are named a bit different.

When installing just remember to give super user privileges to the user. It's not so clear in the installer. Or add the user to the group... I'm not so familiar with Linux either, but this has to be done.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 9:56

From Poland
Group:
Dev
@JonRoberston:

Important thing for you once you './configure' without issues (that is install all dependecies) and 'make' AROS will download and build the cross compiler by itself - you don't have to worry about this. You can later use this cross compiler to compile applications.

Where are you getting sources from? AROS SVN? GIT mirror?

Be sure to work on branch called AROS_V0-on-trunk-20141231 or download sources from the www.aros.org, ABIv0 section. Otherwise your executables will not work under Icaros.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 10:24

"There is no such thing as software for free. If it is not the user who covers the cost of software creation with money, it is the developer who covers this cost with his own free time."

www.aros3d.org
www.twitter.com/ddeadwood

From US
Group:
Thanks for that helpful guidance, deadwood. I was planning to check out the ABIv0 trunk from SourceForge's repository. But I'll get them from www.aros.org instead.

My first issue is finding the distro that I want to use, based on lack of experience with or preference for Linux.

I'd also like the distro's "stock" GNU toolchain to be as close as what I need for AROS, because I may want to compile for other platforms as well. I don't know anything about the differences between versions of GNU make, except that there are some and they are significant to require different make files. I'd rather avoid that extra work if possible.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 10:56

From Sunny Finland
Group:
Quote:

JonRobertson wrote:
Thanks for that helpful guidance, deadwood. I was planning to check out the ABIv0 trunk from SourceForge's repository. But I'll get them from www.aros.org instead.

My first issue is finding the distro that I want to use, based on lack of experience with or preference for Linux.

I'd also like the distro's "stock" GNU toolchain to be as close as what I need for AROS, because I may want to compile for other platforms as well. I don't know anything about the differences between versions of GNU make, except that there are some and they are significant to require different make files. I'd rather avoid that extra work if possible.

Aros will compile with a cross compiler build inside the build system for what I know for every Aros port (or so I think). There's nothing that can't be done for Aros when using Fedora (My preference... :))

I think that one can now even use arm-embedded gcc compiler (after setting the configuration correctly), but I've not tried that yeat.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 11:11

From US
Group:
But what about cross-compiling to platforms other than AROS?

Posted on: 2016/8/17 11:15

« 1 ... 28 29 30 (31) 32 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.