Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

Yanosh, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Is it a Conspiracy that doesn't want us to have a modern Amiga compatible Computer?

Group:
Personally I am still struggling on the definition of what is a "Modern Amiga Compatible Computer".

Could it be an updated version of the Amiga Mini running AROS?

Attach file:

jpg  Commodore-Amiga-Mini-PC.jpg (11.95 KB)
5750_58e3b8de7e582.jpg 600X325 px

Posted on: 4/4 8:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Is it a Conspiracy that doesn't want us to have a modern Amiga compatible Computer?

Group:
Quote:

paolone wrote:

... there are just 1 or 2 companies that might be somehow afraid of Vampire accelerators, ...

Most of them are in the Amiga retro (hobby) industry.

The few people who are still making accelerators are threaten by this product.

Maybe some people find me negative against the Apollo/Vampire project, this has a lot to do with people spreading false hopes ...

The Vampire/Apollo Project is by far the best hardware project, with the best Amiga compatibility possible.

But they could never beat some of the few actual PPC systems by performance, but even the PPC systems can't compete with the performance of a modern PC running AROS.

But even AROS systems are outperformed by Linux or Windows running on the same hardware, because they have more drivers, proper SMP and a lot of usable software ...

Back to Vampire Apollo:
I might buy a standalone board, the best choice for people who want to have Amiga compatible hardware with some modern features (USB, cheap keyboards, small mother boards, Hires, cheap mass storage system, highres modes, AGA compatibility)

Hopefully the developers get it ready in time and hopefully they don't f*ck up their project by featureism and inhonest promises.

Posted on: 4/4 13:33

From West Midlands, UK
Group:
Quote:

GreenNight wrote:

(snip)

But even AROS systems are outperformed by Linux or Windows running on the same hardware, because they have more drivers, proper SMP and a lot of usable software ...

(snip)

Not always so in terms of raw speed. My little netbook came with Windows 7 installed and was dog slow; it flies with AROS, and can beat my nominally much more powerful work laptop at certain actions such as opening a PDF.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Posted on: 4/4 14:09

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.