Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 2 (3) 4 »


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2007/2/15 13:20
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 670
Offline
I hope Dopus5 team read it and could test for them self, this problem do not exist on my virtual one, only on native.

Another problem adressed to the Zune team if they are active is: ZunePrefs: crash when selecting MailText and set font to Arial/16, tested on both native and virtual with the same result, after setting this and save, every attempt (for me) to access the ZunePrefs:MailText crashes the system.

Posted on: 1/24 15:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/10/30 17:13
From Ireland
Group:
Member
Posts: 2595
Offline
Quote:

azvareth wrote:
Another problem adressed to the Zune team if they are active is: ZunePrefs: crash when selecting MailText and set font to Arial/16, tested on both native and virtual with the same result, after setting this and save, every attempt (for me) to access the ZunePrefs:MailText crashes the system.


I have a fix ready to be committed for this bug anyway. Thanks for the report.

Posted on: 1/25 8:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/4/7 4:26
Group:
Member
Posts: 4326
Offline
Quote:

azvareth wrote:
Another problem adressed to the Zune team if they are active is: ZunePrefs: crash when selecting MailText and set font to Arial/16, tested on both native and virtual with the same result, after setting this and save, every attempt (for me) to access the ZunePrefs:MailText crashes the system.


I have downloaded from Aminet the new version of various MCC_ zune classes and, after updating the NList ones, zune prefs crashes the system randomly, when trying to view properties for Betterstring, NList*, TextEditor, etc. This on windows hosted, hadn't yet time to try on native. In any case, I guess this happens when Zune prefs editor tries to 'refresh' its window with a different panel. (*)

Moreover, the list of classes on the left side changes unexpectedly (I don't know why) and, even when not triggering a fault, it's quite unpleasant to see and to use.




EDIT: (*) seems to happen on hosted only. No problems so far with native

Attach file:



jpg  220-bug-zune-hosted.jpg (179.88 KB)
106_588b47991793f.jpg 924X600 px

Posted on: 1/27 5:14

Edited by paolone on 2017/1/27 10:45:11
_________________
p.bes
Icaros Desktop AROS distribution mantainer
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/4/7 4:26
Group:
Member
Posts: 4326
Offline
BTW: how can I provide a image for the classes with missing ones, in the left menu? those red "X" are so unpleasant to see.

Posted on: 1/27 5:14
_________________
p.bes
Icaros Desktop AROS distribution mantainer
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/10/30 17:13
From Ireland
Group:
Member
Posts: 2595
Offline
Quote:

paolone wrote:
BTW: how can I provide a image for the classes with missing ones, in the left menu? those red "X" are so unpleasant to see.


Some coding is needed to change them unfortunately. We were promised some replacement images, but if you can provide suitable images we can look at using them.

Posted on: 1/28 12:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/10/30 17:13
From Ireland
Group:
Member
Posts: 2595
Offline
@paolone

So the problem disappears if you go back to old versions of NListtree and NListview? Does it happen with Linux-hosted or just Windows?

Posted on: 1/28 12:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/4/7 4:26
Group:
Member
Posts: 4326
Offline
Quote:

ncafferkey wrote:
@paolone

So the problem disappears if you go back to old versions of NListtree and NListview? Does it happen with Linux-hosted or just Windows?


I dunno. To be correct, I experienced the issue after updating libraries BUT this does not mean it didn't happen before. I didn't try before. All I can say is that with veeeery old Icaros releases this didn't happen. No more tried in the meanwhile.

Posted on: 1/29 13:39
_________________
p.bes
Icaros Desktop AROS distribution mantainer
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/4/7 4:26
Group:
Member
Posts: 4326
Offline
Quote:

ncafferkey wrote:

Some coding is needed to change them unfortunately. We were promised some replacement images, but if you can provide suitable images we can look at using them.


Can't promise anything, but let me know at least the format they must be. PNG? IFF? indexed colors or 24bit?

Posted on: 2/2 2:17
_________________
p.bes
Icaros Desktop AROS distribution mantainer
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2004/10/30 17:13
From Ireland
Group:
Member
Posts: 2595
Offline
Quote:

paolone wrote:
Can't promise anything, but let me know at least the format they must be. PNG? IFF? indexed colors or 24bit?


Mazze wrote Extras:Multimedia/Gfx/DatatypeToCSource, which can be used for this purpose. He gave an example of PNGs being used; I presume any other format that has a datatype can be used too. I don't know whether indexed or 24-bit matters.

Posted on: 2/2 9:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: (ic)AROS (xmas ed) - installing on hardware, ELF header to small ...

Joined:
2005/8/17 16:00
From Germany
Group:
Member
Posts: 2201
Offline
I'm not sure if alpha channel works, so the images should be 24-bit. I've successfully tested with PNG, other formats might work, too.

I'm waiting almost one year that someone who has promised to render some images delivers.

I have intentionally used ugly placeholder images to keep the pressure high

Posted on: 2/2 11:26
_________________
AROS - Make code, not war
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 2 (3) 4 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Search
Top Posters
1 paolone
paolone
4326
2 magorium
magorium
4095
3 phoenixkonsole
phoenixkonsole
3887
4 nikolaos
nikolaos
3677
5 deadwood
deadwood
2923
6 ncafferkey
ncafferkey
2595
7 mazze
mazze
2201
8 clusteruk
clusteruk
2065
9 Kalamatee
Kalamatee
2018
10 damocles
damocles
1789
© 2004-2017 AROS Exec