Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Hai! I'm a complete noob!

From earth
Group:
Hello!

I'm just some noob trying to learn this system a bit better. I got to play with A1200's as a kid at the library but I never got the chance to really use it as a whole. I don't have much more experience with Amiga stuff other than the somesuch poking I have done with Icaros anymore.

I don't have much more to say to introduce myself. I'll hopefully not annoy everyone with what may seem as stupid questions o: I so far have 3 to tack in here on the end.

1: Is there a guide somewhere to theme-ing? Icaros looks rather disgusting as it is. I'd like to change that up a bit if possible.

2: Is there a list of supported hardware anywhere? I doubt theres anything like GPU switching in the system so putting it on my Lenovo Y40-70 might be a bit daft bet I would hope that there is a wide range of wifi cards to use? Its much easier to run it on a laptop for me.

3: Is there an IDE to work on apps for Aros / Icaros? I would love to work on stuff for the environment itself but maybe my own web browser outside of OWB?

Thanks all!

Edit: I lied I have one more question.

4: Is there a large difference between Aros and MorphOS?

Posted on: 2/13 15:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Hai! I'm a complete noob!

Group:
Hi and welcome :)

ad 3.

You can develop in C using linux IDE like i am here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQCBK7HhpKw

Here is my guide how to setup dev enviroment:

https://amifreak.eu/post/setting-up-environment-to-start

Posted on: 2/14 0:49

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Quote:

1: Is there a guide somewhere to theme-ing? Icaros looks rather disgusting as it is. I'd like to change that up a bit if possible.

Wanderer (Workbench) Vs Magellan

Quote:

2: Is there a list of supported hardware anywhere? I doubt theres anything like GPU switching in the system so putting it on my Lenovo Y40-70 might be a bit daft bet I would hope that there is a wide range of wifi cards to use? Its much easier to run it on a laptop for me.

Aros/Platforms/x86 Network support

Aros/Platforms/x86 Complete System HCL

Posted on: 2/14 3:01

Group:
Quote:

ph4nt0m117 wrote:

I don't have much more to say to introduce myself. I'll hopefully not annoy everyone with what may seem as stupid questions o: I so far have 3 to tack in here on the end.

3: Is there an IDE to work on apps for Aros / Icaros? I would love to work on stuff for the environment itself but maybe my own web browser outside of OWB?

4: Is there a large difference between Aros and MorphOS?

1. Best you can do is copying theme images from a themes: subdirectory and study its own configuration file. At the beginning it may seem totally senseless, but once you start figuring out its logic, it becomes quite easy.

Start modifying a theme using the same sizes but changing image shapes, and you'd create your first working theme in very little time. Don't forget to send me the result, so I can do a more tasteful distribution.

2. You've been already advised about the AROS HCL. I suggest you to read first chapters of Icaros manual as well, since it includes many hints about compatible platforms.

3. You can choose whatever IDE you like and crosscompile from Linux or Windows (Icaros runs hosted too), but if you wish to code natively, then the best you can do is installing Icaros Desktop Live! edition, and remember to tick the Development options during installation. You will find a wide range of languages and tools, including Murks! IDE. In Extras:TryFirst directory there is also Antyriad IDE but it's commercial and more tailored to gaming.

4. There are many little and bigger differences in GUI and internals, but the API is very similar. Have a look also on morphzone if you wish to code for both operating systems.

Posted on: 2/14 4:45

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
I do not know if I understand correctly, to create the themes there is also an editor:

Themeedit

Attach file:

jpg  Themeedit.jpg (109.71 KB)
3226_58a34913c2bba.jpg 800X628 px

Posted on: 2/14 10:14

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.