Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users





Aros 64 SMP

Joined:
2010/10/7 15:30
Group:
Member
Posts: 605
Offline
1. Will there be a 32 bit version?

2. How would you describe the present version of Aros 64 SMP?
Alpha, beta, release.

3. Is it possible to port something like Doom3 to it and it run well?

4. If one has to recompile software for it, is there any thing special one has to do to get software to run?

5. Is it true that software is not automatically multi-core aware?

6. Will emulators benefit from being multi-core aware?

7. How will this OS be able to enter to say a server environment? Utilities?

8. Are there any Nvidia drivers for high end cards for this OS?

Thanks.

Posted on: 5/1 15:23
_________________
http://www.hollywood-mal.com/
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Aros 64 SMP

Joined:
2004/3/29 9:54
From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Member
Posts: 2023
Offline
Quote:

trekiej wrote:
1. Will there be a 32 bit version?


Not planned - no.

Quote:

2. How would you describe the present version of Aros 64 SMP?
Alpha, beta, release.


Alpha obviously.

Quote:

3. Is it possible to port something like Doom3 to it and it run well?


I already have it built for the SMP branch..

Quote:

4. If one has to recompile software for it, is there any thing special one has to do to get software to run?


Use task.resource if you need to query information about what tasks are running, and clear msgports completely when they are allocated.

Quote:

5. Is it true that software is not automatically multi-core aware?


ofcourse.

Quote:

6. Will emulators benefit from being multi-core aware?


Ask emulator authors..

Quote:

7. How will this OS be able to enter to say a server environment? Utilities?


Not a realistic target currently.

Quote:

8. Are there any Nvidia drivers for high end cards for this OS?


Not currently - we still have old nouveau code that only supports upto ~9xxx series properly.

Posted on: 5/1 15:37
_________________
Click to see original Image in a new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Aros 64 SMP

Joined:
2010/10/7 15:30
Group:
Member
Posts: 605
Offline
What 9xxx cards work for Aros SMP?

Posted on: 7/18 5:51
_________________
http://www.hollywood-mal.com/
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer






You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Search
Top Posters
1 paolone
paolone
4340
2 magorium
magorium
4095
3 phoenixkonsole
phoenixkonsole
3887
4 nikolaos
nikolaos
3677
5 deadwood
deadwood
2923
6 ncafferkey
ncafferkey
2616
7 mazze
mazze
2207
8 clusteruk
clusteruk
2073
9 Kalamatee
Kalamatee
2023
10 damocles
damocles
1789
© 2004-2017 AROS Exec