Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

ilbarbax, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: Are icotools available for AROS?

Group:
Quote:
Thank.

I tested with my power icon (that is present in my archive) and unfortunately your program 'choked' itself a little on that file and seems to crash for me :-S

Seems to be crashing in a call to function AddTail() from exec library.
[KRNException 0xC0000005SysBase 0x029503b0KernelBase 0x029510e8
[KRNProcess 0x029f60d0 (icon2png)

ContextFlags0x0001003F
    ESP
=032c0a08  EBP=032c0a08  EIP=0283af57
    EAX
=02a325d0  EBX=029503b0  ECX=00000000  EDX=02a325a0
    EDI
=02a325a0  ESI=02a325b8  EFLAGS=00010202

Unfortunately the crash was so disturbing on my hosted AROS that when i pressed the more button, the stack-trace was all gone (see attachment).

Attach file:

jpg  Icon2png-crash.jpg (55.49 KB)
6268_5917701733ab5.jpg 766X569 px

Posted on: 5/13 13:41

Edited by origami on 2017/5/13 14:08:42
Edited by origami on 2017/5/13 14:12:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
i think with x86 hosted you could use gdb. at least i was able to with stuff that was compiled within aros build tree. looks like kalamtee is enabling that for usage with 68k as well. abiv1 so far of course.

Posted on: 5/13 15:54

From California, United States
Group:
@Origami,

Thanks for the Crash Test.
It's a work in progress. Lots of Error Checking and Testing to do.

The problem was not the Power Icon but a problem with "Create File" to write to. I was using "OPEN-WRITE-CLOSE" but it kept causing the shell to freeze, oddly! So I changed to "fopen-fwrite-fclose". My SD card is a little quirky at times so I also set the "Default" write location to "Ram Disk:Test.png". Not only does it work better, it's really fast writing to Ram Disk.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/627rl7kv362176l/Sceenshot_Test5.png?dl=0

Posted on: 5/13 20:12

From California, United States
Group:
My new icon tool Icon2Png will be released in the next few days. After adding some comments to the code and some testing I'll post it.

The same code can be used for my next project Icon Info which will verify and list the contents of Png icons. This will include data for all chunks including Ic0n chunk. In the near future I'd like to make a GUI for Icon2Png that will perhaps be called "PNG Icon Extract".

I'd like to re-use that user interface layout for yet another tool called "PNG Icon Exchange" featuring Drag n Drop icon exchange like Magellan does. These are all small tools leading up to the first Full Featured Icon Program which is "PNG Icon Edit". It should be finished in the next three months. That will lead to my second icon program called "PNG Icon Paint". I'll post some conceptual layout images tomorrow. More coming soon...

Would it be useful to have an icon extract tool for AROS that extracts Windows and perhaps Mac OS icon images?

@origami has a very nice icon program as well. Maybe paolone would be kind enough to include some of our icon tools in the next release of Icaros Desktop?

Posted on: 5/17 7:07

Edited by miker on 2017/5/17 12:57:04

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Quote:

In the near future I'd like to make a GUI for Icon2Png that will perhaps be called "PNG Icon Extract".

Thank you very helpful

Quote:

I'd like to re-use that user interface layout for yet another tool called "PNG Icon Exchange" featuring Drag n Drop icon exchange like Magellan does.

Thank you very much on Wanderer

Posted on: 5/17 7:16

Group:
Quote:

miker wrote:
1. Would it be useful to have an icon extract tool for AROS that extracts Windows and perhaps Mac OS icon images?

2. @origami has a very nice icon program as well. Maybe paolone would be kind enough to include some of our icon tools in the next release of Icaros Desktop?

1. For this purpose I had asked if icotools were available for AROS, and Oliver has been so quick and kind to port wrestool. So I am now using this to extract icons (and potentially other resources, but for now just icons) from Windows executables. This is, however, a strictly scripted approach to the task, implemented for the only reason to help people with HostBridge on Windows-hosted version of Icaros Desktop. The principle is:

- pick your windows executable
- HostBridge lets you choose a icon from the ones embedded into it
- Hostbridge adds that icon to a script which launches your executables
- then you can start your Windows executable from AROS shell, gui or dockbars

A more general AROS tool, with its own GUI, allowing to do the same extract/convert job might be of interest for a wider audience.

2. obviously yes. They might even become part of the Light edition, if they are small enough, which in Icaros terms means being "part of the OS" itself.

Posted on: 5/18 0:53

Group:
Quote:

paolone wrote:
2. obviously yes. They might even become part of the Light edition, if they are small enough, which in Icaros terms means being "part of the OS" itself.

In that case, i would advise to always drop me a note, because current published executables (as i do normally) contain overhead of debug information. That way i am able to compile a version that is smaller in size.

For instance, icon2iff will then shrink in size from 1.7 MB to 450 KB. So... it's worth asking

And in case the usually discussion of file-size starts with regards to FPC executables: it contains the lot of FPC classes. For example, it takes me about two/three lines of code to also add support for tiff output, and exe size will not increase (or at least not increase in size significantly).

Posted on: 5/29 20:51

Group:
Ok, I will start using them in icaros 2.2.1 btw. I have delayed enough the release of Icaros 2.2, due to my determination to add HostBridge in a usable shape, so any change/refinement is delayed to the first available update.

Posted on: 5/30 4:31

Group:
btw icon deluxe and iconian (with one restriction) work on aros 68k. these are only for simple planar icons, but just in case one needs that. who knows, maybe source code could be opened up.

Posted on: 5/30 4:41

Group:
looking yet again for an icon editor that would allow me for some reasonale workflow and there isnt any. last iconian crashes loading images both under aos and aros. with icondeluxe demo i cant figure out how to set palette. and these are the best of aminet for what i see..
so many different tools, none out of beta, and no sources..

edit: probably os3.9 one is still (almost) the best still even there i cannot define the size freely. what a mess..

Posted on: 5/30 5:36

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.