Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
4 user(s) are online (4 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 3
Guests: 1

ilbarbax, Debvgger, Superchicken, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: Are icotools available for AROS?

From California, United States
Group:
I found IconToIFF on Aminet. I'll try it out
to test the features. I'm writing a similar
program so the comparison will be interesting.

Posted on: 5/4 12:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Quote:
I'm writing a similar
program so the comparison will be interesting.

Great, on AROS it would also serve a nice Icon Editor and an application for exchanging icons as THIS as OS 3.9

Posted on: 5/5 0:33

Group:
A good icon editor for AROS icons is necessary, either internal or external to the OS.

Icon exchange can be built into Icaros quite easily in a user friendly way!

@Paolo,
If Magellan allows Drag-n-Drop functionality to replace individual icons, and if you have the code for Magellan why not simply add a menu item "Replace..."? Then you could also redraw the sample image in "Information" dialog and replace with new image to show process complete. Then the user will know what the feature is. Having more than one way to do something is a good thing.

Posted on: 5/5 7:34

From Camogli GE Italy
Group:
@miker

great you are working on something similar to icntoiff. Once you have something working I would like to have a copy for testing it and verify if it (finally) unlock the completion of my program (that is written in hollywood).
you can reach me at sb5@libero.it

thanks

Sandro

Posted on: 5/5 7:53

Group:
@ilbarbax
Just for the record: you are aware that icon2iff simply 'extracts' the 'picture' from a .info file and saves it in a fileformat supported by the datatypes system ?

I ask because afaik something is missing from our datatypes system (see also link i posted earlier), in order to make that happen for AROS

e.g. i am more than happy to create a small tool that can do something similar but i would like to know which output formats you would like to have supported because i will not (=can't) be using the datatypes system in that case.

Also, and afaik .info can only contain oldstyle classic amiga icons, the new png format icons and (if i remember correctly) the newicon format.

Also (i haven't ran the original icon2iff program just yet), does icon2iff only save the first image found (e.g. non selected image) and which icon does it save exactly when it finds multiple icon(type)s stored in the .icon file ?

Posted on: 5/5 10:42

Edited by origami on 2017/5/5 11:08:55

Group:
That is good to know about the DataTypes system problem. I'm working on a program that is similar.Mine are called
IFF Icon Edit and PNG Icon Edit. It is a Split/Join utility that looks similar to IconEd with added Effects such as Change Background and Add Glow Effect.

Although it isn't difficult to look at .INFO to find IM1 and IM2 markers I'd like to see the code for Icon2IFF because my program also will be able to open a .INFO and read both images to display for edit. It will also allow saving .INFO files. Both versions of Icon Edit will allow to open modern pictures types or IFF ILBM directly and output IFF or picture types as well. IFF Icon Edit works only with 8bit and below (for use with Amiga OS 68k). PNG Icon Edit will work with both 8bit and 24bit images (IFF and picture types). PNG Icon Edit when finished will do everything. I'd like to add an AROS only feature called "Icon Preview" which opens a new window with an AROS Icon in it. It will be a real window with a clickable icon! And a Close gadget.

Anything is possible. I have another Icon program that can be brought to AROS. Let's call is "Icon Paint". I don't have a sample screenshot yet. It is a full featured icon paint program in a single window with tools, color palette, and preview windows. It will be capable of opening Windows ICO and .INFO files and saving IFF Icons or PNG Icons as well. Later I might add Mac OS X .ICNS support. Lots of nice icon programs for Icaros. Now I just need time to do all this!

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/photos ... rRF5odS3cR5_TuQ3Jvi3zMyOg

When viewing in DropBox no need to sign in. Press Continue at bottom to view files.

Posted on: 5/5 12:30

Edited by miker on 2017/5/5 12:59:41
Edited by miker on 2017/5/5 13:01:27
Edited by miker on 2017/5/5 13:07:13
Edited by miker on 2017/5/5 13:24:35

Group:
Quote:

miker wrote:
That is good to know about the DataTypes system problem.

For convenience: The thread i linked to eventually ends up pointing to this page in the sources.

More about the status of AROS can be found here and requires a few clicks to view them all.

Posted on: 5/5 13:14

Group:
Quote:

miker wrote:
When viewing in DropBox no need to sign in. Press Continue at bottom to view files.

Sorry, i am unable to see a 'continue at the bottom'. It is empty for me and only shows me to login using my google account (which i don't have) or requires me to input my private parts

Posted on: 5/5 13:16

From Camogli GE Italy
Group:

....Just for the record: you are aware that icon2iff simply 'extracts' the 'picture' from a .info file and saves it in a fileformat supported by the datatypes system ?...

This is exactly the goal. In order to use the icon pictures with Hollywood I need to convert them to PNG format. This is something I can't do with Hollywood then I need an external tool

Posted on: 5/5 13:29

Group:
New Link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpjfnodlkilr ... Edit_ILBM%205bpp.png?dl=0

Ignore the DropBox popup. Go to Continue at far bottom.

Posted on: 5/5 13:35

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.