Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

xushengda0628, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Icaros Desktop IconEdit?

From California, United States
Group:
Maybe I'm missing something but is Icaros Desktop missing Sys:Tools/IconEdit? From the right-click menu in Magellan for Icon Information the options are: "Edit", "Choose Editor"...

If we choose "Edit" and no other Editor is specified it is supposed to default to IconEdit, but when I select Edit nothing happens! There is no icon editor. Is that correct?

Posted on: 5/8 12:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Icaros Desktop IconEdit?

Group:
Yesh. It was waiting for you to fill the gap.

Posted on: 5/8 12:49

Group:
Oh, I see! How convenient for me!

If that's the case when it's finished it deserves a nice app icon like the AROS eye on AmiStart with a paint symbol. I'd also like to call it "PNG Icon Edit" although it will also be able to deal with the "Classic" IFF ILBM icons as well. It won't use DataTypes but rather it will read and write the icon files directly. Maybe we could also have "composite" icons with IFF ILBM and PNG images?

Posted on: 5/9 0:11

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
It would also a CopyIcon to exchange icons. Who used "Wanderer" (which are so many) it does not have this tool (drag) which has Magellan.

Attach file:

jpg  drag.jpg (39.43 KB)
3226_59116e8181d8f.jpg 462X320 px

Posted on: 5/9 0:23

Group:
Yes. Although Magellan offers Drag n Drop Icon exchange the new PNG Icon Edit can offer similar functionality. Magellan through (icon) Information dialog can, using the context menu item "Edit" send the icon to an editor, PNG Icon Edit.

Once opened in my program a simple Drag n Drop to the icon Drop Target would initiate an Icon Exchange Operation just as in Magellan with the same results. Alternatively, when using my program by itself, Drag n Drop a "Project" (icon associated with a file or drawer) onto the Drop Target (Icon Preview Area) and the icon is opened in the program. Immediately performing a second Drag n Drop would initiate the Icon Exchange. That's the concept at least. Now to make it all happen!

If PNG Icon Edit is opened from Wanderer instead of Magellan then the Double Drag n Drop of icons could be used to perform an Icon Exchange. That could be very useful.

In addition, PNG Icon Edit as I envision it could also offer "Apply Icon". Choosing that menu item while having a "Project" (used icon) or "Icon" (empty icon) opened would bring up a file requester to select a file or drawer that currently has no icon associated. It would then apply the icon to the selected item. Not sure if Magellan does that.

"Anything the mind of man can conceive, someone can achieve!" (not sure if that's a quote, but it sounds good).

Posted on: 5/9 12:16

Edited by miker on 2017/5/9 12:36:42

Group:
While working with icons (.info files) there are many possibilities such as "composite" icons composed of OS 3.5 IFF ILBM images, and PNG images in the same icon file. This hasn't been tested yet, but it seems like it could work. Each OS would choose which icon is best for its needs.

Another possibility is to provide a program that uses a progressbar to batch convert the entire AROS 24bit icon set to 8bit PNG icons in a different output directory, thereby quickly converting all icons to a new format perhaps useful on AROS 68 or AROS Vision. We could also batch convert 8bit PNG icons to 8bit OS 3.5 8bplane or 5bplane IFF ILBM classic icons, or convert 8bplane or 5bplane IFF ILBM icons to 8bit PNG icons. There are many possibilities. It just remains to do it to see if it's useful. Just some ideas.

Posted on: 5/9 12:28

From Camogli GE Italy
Group:
There is also an OpenAmiga project for icon editor. I do not remember if it was completed or not, but may be something to start with.

Posted on: 5/10 0:03

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
On OS4 there is This great Icons Editor which allows you to do many icons operations. On OS3 RTG non c'è nulla per le icone PNG, For exchanging icons instead works fine Dragging, You can see it here

Posted on: 5/10 0:16

Group:
Quote:

ilbarbax wrote:
There is also an OpenAmiga project for icon editor. I do not remember if it was completed or not, but may be something to start with.

you mean os4 icon editor? yes, it has been completed afair. still contrary to "openamiga" label the sources are usually closed. i fear.

Posted on: 5/10 4:55

Group:
I especially like the Drag n Drop functionality! I'm working on a few icon tools for the AROS shell and at least three Full Featured Icon Programs for AROS. I'll post photos of them soon.

Posted on: 5/10 7:50

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.