Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: current state of aros 68k..

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Quote:
not sure what you refer to.

THIS

Posted on: 5/14 23:31

Group:
Quote:

amiga wrote:
Quote:
not sure what you refer to.

THIS

But this is not directly related to the topic, which is discussed here. So, what do want to say with your link?

Posted on: 5/15 1:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Quote:
So, what do want to say with your link?

I just wanted to say this version of AROS 68k Is functional is fast, and I was wondering if they were upgrades

Posted on: 5/15 2:40

Group:
Quote:

amiga wrote:
Quote:
So, what do want to say with your link?

I just wanted to say this version of AROS 68k Is functional is fast, and I was wondering if they were upgrades

to deadwoods devpack? i doubt. i have never looked at it to be honest.

but aros itself progresses every day. if you want to proram for it you can simply set up crosscompiler and the build system. its rather easy.

Posted on: 5/15 2:46

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Ciao wawa, I'm not a developer, i am an old man of 63 years who has been using computers for more than 30 years, also made administrator and networked PCs. If I was a developer i would have my contribution to AROS X86 Or the magnificent one AFA OS.

Posted on: 5/15 3:55

Group:
Ciao amiga,

thank you for your answer! AROS68k-Devpack is not a "current state of aros 68k". It is a "cross-compilation environment under Linux" as Deadwood said (in the message that you linked to) and it includes a FS-UAE environment which contains a "basic pre-configured development environment for 68k". It is only intended for 68k-developers and not an up to date and complete AROS68k system for general users. I would recommend to test a current nightly build of AROS68k because there has been a lot of development and fixes lately. For 68k developers I hope that someone has the time to update this Devpack. Unfortunately I am not a C developer and can not help here.

AfAOS is even older than AROS68k-Devpack. It is a kind of extension library for AmigaOS with AROS68k funcionality. It replaces some AmigaOS components with AROS counterparts (for example antialiased True-Type fonts). It is a patch and it was last updated 2009/2010. And, imho, AfAOS is not needed anymore.

Posted on: 5/15 10:32

Group:
afa os predates aros kickstart relpacement bounty and effectively aros 68k by far. it used to be a great package albeit a bit hacky. looks like people used it a lot.

Posted on: 5/15 16:13

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
@aha
Thanks for the info, i know well in detail AFA OS, For me it is the best OS3 used, so many Amiga i have not used for many years, i have A4000/060 Phase 5 Cyberstorm MK II A1200/040, CD32 SX32 030 e and many others.

@wawa
AFA OS use Kickstart 3.1 40.68 is a normal OS 3.9 B4 which uses some AROS library, i know the system very well and i Which i update frequently with new applications, HERE you find my many video tutorials.

Posted on: 5/15 17:31

Group:
look, i used it long enough. i know what it is. bernd who programed it, introduced me, so to say, himself to amiga development. he certainly would have implemented more of these aros libraries, effectively whatever he could, but he wasnt able, since, among others aros wasnt compatible enough at that time. for instance zune has not accepted mui classes, they had to be slightly patched. also bernd wanted to port aros layers and graphics lib over in order to be able to place windows outta the screen. effectively seems that afa os was nvisioned as aros transparently hosted upon 3.x or something like that.

funny enough people who hapilly used it then, might argue today that aros is not a legit successor of amiga and the like..

Posted on: 5/15 19:50

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
It is a pity that the development has stoppedof AFA OS, i hope someone will resume it, AFA OS Is a fairly stable system and allows for incredible retrocompatibility.

Posted on: 5/16 0:45

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]