Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: New hardware growing pains

Group:
Quote:

ntromans wrote:
... but from what I can tell you need to be running Windows to install it ...

Such a requirement would be highly unusual. Normally it is a possibility to do from windows because the 'windows-flash-program' runs under windows.

Usual way would be to boot computer into bios, insert floppy or usb with bios file (sometimes in special folder location and using special name) and manually update the bios. Problem for me is that i don't have your bios in front of me, so your mileage may vary.

For gigabyte, see also here.

In the hope it's useful

Posted on: 6/30 9:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From West Midlands, UK
Group:
Quote:

origami wrote:
Quote:

ntromans wrote:
... but from what I can tell you need to be running Windows to install it ...

Such a requirement would be highly unusual. Normally it is a possibility to do from windows because the 'windows-flash-program' runs under windows.

Usual way would be to boot computer into bios, insert floppy or usb with bios file (sometimes in special folder location and using special name) and manually update the bios. Problem for me is that i don't have your bios in front of me, so your mileage may vary.

For gigabyte, see also here.

In the hope it's useful

Thanks - I'll look into that. The site is in German so I may have the wrong end of the stick.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Posted on: 6/30 11:28

From Ireland
Group:
Quote:

ntromans wrote:
Thanks - I'll look into that. The site is in German so I may have the wrong end of the stick.

Cheers,
Nigel.

The linked page appears in English for me.

Posted on: 6/30 12:38

Group:
Quote:

ntromans wrote:
The site is in German so I may have the wrong end of the stick.

Ok, i've been able to find some more information. Seems that you could indeed be right and windows is indeed required *sick*

Seems that gigabyte mobo's could use something named q-flash, in case not then there is some more information here.

I now have my fingers crossed for you that you have one of the mentioned bios' in your machine. Unfortunately the manual could not answer that question for me.

btw: english version of that page you've linked to can be found here (just replace the .de with .com)

Posted on: 6/30 19:20

From West Midlands, UK
Group:
Quote:

origami wrote:
Quote:

ntromans wrote:
The site is in German so I may have the wrong end of the stick.

Ok, i've been able to find some more information. Seems that you could indeed be right and windows is indeed required *sick*

Seems that gigabyte mobo's could use something named q-flash, in case not then there is some more information here.

I now have my fingers crossed for you that you have one of the mentioned bios' in your machine. Unfortunately the manual could not answer that question for me.

btw: english version of that page you've linked to can be found here (just replace the .de with .com)

Many thanks for looking into that. I have a hard drive taken from the laptop I'm currently typing on (removed to be replaced with a higher capacity one for AROS plus all my documents) which still has an XP installation. So, I (a) need to see if the linked BIOS would work with this motherbaord, (b) see if the XP installation will boot on the motherboard, and (c) see if their flashing utility works with XP. A lot of 'ifs' there...

Cheers,
Nigel.

Posted on: 7/1 13:26

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.