Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Janis crash on Icaros 2.2

From Chicago
Group:

So after installing Icaros 2.2 (Linux Hosted) I integrated Amiga Forever for running 68k programs and I get a kernel fault, crash and dump.

Here is the dump in the console window:

process:96): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance (process:96): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_emit_by_name: assertion `G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed The function posixc/sigaction() is not implemented. ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(FloppyFileEntry) ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(FloppyFileEntry) ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(FloppyFileEntry) ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(FloppyFileEntry) ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(GtkFrame) ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(GtkFrame) ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(GtkButton) ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(GtkFrame) (iprocess:96): GLib-GObject-WARNING (recursed) **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance aborting... ** (process:99): CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_real_realize: assertion `GTK_WIDGET_NO_WINDOW (widget)' failed ** Message: gtk_widget_realize(GtkFrame) [KRN] Trap signal 11, SysBase 7844e1e0, KernelBase 7844ef20 SP=7a187e7c FP=7a187e98 PC=7a7a10a5 R0=00000000 R1=00000006 R2=00000005 R3=7a8dde78 R4=7a8dde73 R5=00000000

After that, the console window must be closed in order to continue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

SuperChicken

Posted on: 6/3 15:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Janis crash on Icaros 2.2

Group:
Are you running Janus-UAE in integration mode, or are you using a separate screen/window for 68K contents?

Posted on: 6/5 6:27

From Chicago
Group:
I can't run it in any kind of mode. Even running screenmode crashes. I think something else might be wrong because 50% of the apps either crash or don't start at all. I thought maybe a broken download, so I re-downloaded and re-installed it, checking the MD5 hash, and the same thing happens.

I liked using MilkyTracker and that crashed on startup. I deleted it, downloaded it from the repository, re-installed it, then it worked.

IMHO, there is something terribly wrong with this particular distro. So many are having serious issues.

I thought maybe the Linux-Hosted install was an issue, but installing it in a VM does the same thing.

Posted on: 6/5 11:05

Group:
Which version of Amiga Forever are you using? latest ones IIRC need the key file to be created somewhere else and then copied to Icaros independently

Posted on: 6/5 14:37

Group:
Please also notice many applications won't work correctly in hosted mode. I know for sure that Janus-UAE can't run under Windows hosted, and might have issues with Linux hosted as well. Please also notice Amibridge is set to mimic the same resolution of the host (AROS) screen automatically on 68K, and maybe this isn't working properly under linux-hosted AROS. Please disable syncing of video mode and retry.

Posted on: 6/5 14:40

From Chicago
Group:
Quote:

paolone wrote:
Which version of Amiga Forever are you using? latest ones IIRC need the key file to be created somewhere else and then copied to Icaros independently

I use Amiga Forever 2013, and have already created/copied the rom.key over. It's ok though, I really don't need the emulation on it as I also run AmiKit in a VM.

Posted on: 6/5 15:31

From Chicago
Group:
Quote:

paolone wrote:
Please also notice many applications won't work correctly in hosted mode. I know for sure that Janus-UAE can't run under Windows hosted, and might have issues with Linux hosted as well. Please also notice Amibridge is set to mimic the same resolution of the host (AROS) screen automatically on 68K, and maybe this isn't working properly under linux-hosted AROS. Please disable syncing of video mode and retry.

Ok, I'll give that a try.

Posted on: 6/5 15:32

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.