Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

mt12345, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Can I revert the old hardcoded red mouse pointer?

Group:
Quote:

ericb wrote:
Well I didn't forget to mention it, you asked if I read that page when I said I had DMA errors.

Always try to inform as much as possible, otherwise we end up with this kind of confusions

Quote:

I didn't say I was using ABIv1 7 years ago, I just said ata.device used to work for me. ABIv0 doesn't work at all on my notebook anymore.

It is like comparing apples with oranges. They are both a fruit

When you say that abiv0 isn't working on your netbook anymore (while it did in the past), are there any messages displayed during boot and that you are able/wiling to share ?

Are there other notable things happening during boot ? for instance: does it 'hang' on reading the cd-rom drive/pendrive, or is your monitor perhaps switched off or any of such things happening ?

In theory what once worked should still work, with the notable exception of the issues mentioned at the link i pointed to earlier.

A nightly download might able to share more debug information with adding sysdebug=all to the grub entry.

In my experience you should have more luck with 32bit v0 than with 64bit v1. Unless you happen to have the luck of having a very compatible AROS machine.

Posted on: 9/11 7:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Can I revert the old hardcoded red mouse pointer?

Group:
ABIv0 32 bit locks up during boot off live cd with both nouveau and vesa. I'm not interested in investigating it further.

edit: You can see the first post I made last year relating to ABIv0, http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/vi ... php?topic_id=9678&forum=1 it's the same exact behavior with the latest nightly.

ABIv1 64 bit works perfectly fine with all my hardware off live cd, only freezes up with DMA errors when booting off HD. Obvous to assume it's incompatible ata.device handler.

Posted on: 9/11 10:00

Edited by ericb on 2017/9/11 10:43:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.