Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

running AROS on OSX (High) Sierra

Group:
Downloaded the last hosted version (2015... sowhat), installed XQuartz and tried my luck.

"Failed to load configuration file boot/darwin/AROSBootstrap.conf!"

???

Am I missing something here?

Another option would running a native build virtualized, but I'm not sure how well AROS would behave here in terms power usage (would be on a Laptop).

Posted on: 9/24 1:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: running AROS on OSX (High) Sierra

Group:
Quote:

Am I missing something here?

Apart from the fact that Mac hosted hasn't got any love in ages and it's from 2015 ? No, not really

bootstrap should always be invoked from inside the system directory (or at least the directory that will become system once AROS booted).

Quote:

Another option would running a native build virtualized, but I'm not sure how well AROS would behave here in terms power usage (would be on a Laptop).

Just give it a spin ?

AROS itself doesn't really 'hog' the processor, but i have no idea how virtualization software runs on your setup.

Posted on: 9/24 7:18

Group:
Got myself "Parallels Desktop Lite" and tried both the 386 and x86-64 ISOs.

Both show the (Grub?) startscreen for selecting GFX, and both fail to black window regardless of the resolution used.

I also created one with Ubuntu, that ran the ABi_1 x86-64 hosted just fine, but I'd rather cut out at least one middlemen here.

Posted on: 9/24 11:26

Edited by Kronos on 2017/9/24 12:49:59

Group:
Unfortunately i do not have any experience with Parallels Desktop Live, as i work with virtual box (windows) myself. I am also not aware if aros runs at all in PDL.

However, in thery it should work. There are some pointers in the Icaros Desktop manual with using AROS in combination with virtualization, perhaps they are able to help you ou on certain issues.

Virtualized AROS only supports (unaccellerated) vga graphics though. When configuring the VM always try to start with as less additional (and new) HW as possible (no sound, network, usb, ide instead of sata etc). In virtualbox only 1.0 usb seems to work (so you could take that into consideration if needed). From there you could try to work your way up.

I would suggest to stick to a 32 bit nightly first (or icaros desktop). A nightly has some additional debug which can be seen by adding sysdebug=all to the selected grub-entry. It is usually enough to pinpoint the culprit (if there is any).

dumping some of that output here would be recommended, as things could be pretty specific.

Posted on: 9/24 11:55

Group:
While Parallels Lite worked as describe above on the MacBook it claimed that was my (old) MacPro wasn't compatible..... guess they want me to buy the Pro version for my "Pro" HW ;)

VirtualBox + icaros does work, so lets see how far I get with that.

Posted on: 9/26 7:53

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Search