Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Asus EEEBox 202

From Ireland
Group:
Quote:

elwis wrote:
Well, I tried booting up the eeebox with Linuxmint. According to that one it was a "Digital output device IEC958". And yes, I did hear output in my speakers so it's working, AROS just don't like it much.

According to the Linux Hardware Database your codec is an ALC888, which has been reported to work with AROS.

This test might give useful information: boot Icaros with the startup sound disabled, then run Tools/Debug/Sashimi in a shell, then try to play a test sound in AHI prefs. What does the Sashimi log say about HDAudio?

Posted on: 10/16 13:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Sweden
Group:
Great idea, unfortunately I've forgotten how to copy from the shell, I tried to pipe to a new file with >> didn't work that well :(
Anyway, it says something about..
[VIA-AC97] DriverInit()
No VIA-AC97 found
Envy24HT DriverInit
No Envy24HT found
[Envy24]: DriverInit()
No Ency24 found
[CMI8738]:DriverInit()
No CMI8738 found

Posted on: 10/17 4:01

Group:
Quote:

elwis wrote:
Great idea, unfortunately I've forgotten how to copy from the shell, I tried to pipe to a new file with >> didn't work that well :(

I think more information is required to be useful (i might be wrong about that though), but that was not reason for my post

A single redirection token > should be able to do the trick, but Sashimi is a bit of an awkward tool (as it is a log tool)

All Amiga programs (at least those that run from shell) usually comply to the template standard. Meaning if you provide a question mark to it from command-line, that such command will show you the template of parameters that it will accept.

For Sashimi there are several options, note the SAVE switch and SAVEAS keyword.

Ergo, you should be able to type Sashimi SAVEAS=MyLogName.log and the log would be saved to provided filename (might be you need the SAVE switch to be active as well -> just add SAVE to your Sashimi arguments in that case).

Posted on: 10/17 5:48

From Ireland
Group:
@elwis

Those are details about other sound drivers. Does the AHI GUI mention HDAudio?

Posted on: 10/17 6:33

From Sweden
Group:
Thanks for all the help, I owe you a lot of pizza by now :)
Yep, the AHI has the hdaudio driver selected as default.
Sashami doesn't mention that in the log though

Posted on: 10/17 6:38

From Sweden
Group:
Quote:

origami wrote:
For Sashimi there are several options, note the SAVE switch and SAVEAS keyword.

Ergo, you should be able to type Sashimi SAVEAS=MyLogName.log and the log would be saved to provided filename (might be you need the SAVE switch to be active as well -> just add SAVE to your Sashimi arguments in that case).

Thanks for info.. but I really wonder where those files goes.. not in my current directory. Guess I'm doing something wrong .. again ;)
Edit: or.. it might be because Sashimi doesn't tell me anything anymore.. no log posts

Posted on: 10/17 6:48

Group:
Quote:
elwis wrote:
Thanks for info.. but I really wonder where those files goes.. not in my current directory. Guess I'm doing something wrong .. again ;)

These kind things are much easier to answer when you actually have an aros box in the neighborhood

Uhm, a) qualify full path name to make it go were you want ?, b) application's (sashimi's) directory ?, c) temp ?, d) ram: ?

One of the above should do the trick (i hope)

Posted on: 10/17 6:55

Group:
Quote:
elwis wrote:
Edit: or.. it might be because Sashimi doesn't tell me anything anymore.. no log posts

Try cold reboot and start the log process anew.

Posted on: 10/17 6:57

From Sweden
Group:
Quote:

origami wrote:

These kind things are much easier to answer when you actually have an aros box in the neighborhood

Uhm, a) qualify full path name to make it go were you want ?,

No AROS Box? You left home without it? What kind of terrible workingplace are you assigned to.. *shivers*

Well.. I make too much assumptions, thinking that current directory is the place if nothing else stated. I also would like to belive that what "ls" gives me is the correct path. Not so.. /Aros/MyWorkspace is not a correct path. ;)
I'm not able to produce any logfile actually running sashimi SAVE SAVEAS=log does not create any file that i can find
(back to reading the AROS shell manual)

Posted on: 10/17 7:15

Group:
Quote:

No AROS Box? You left home without it? What kind of terrible workingplace are you assigned to.. *shivers*

Yeah yeah, rub it in

The only other thing i know from memory is adding the console keyword to the command-line. If i remember correctly then that will open a con window with instructions mentioned.

There should be a key-combination mentioned that saves current progress to file (provided filename when given).

Make sure to start sashimi before tinkering with audio, then when done save with sashimi.

If that also doesn't work then i'm out of ideas for the moment, until i can try myself hands-on.

Posted on: 10/17 7:38

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.