Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Setup?

From Sweden
Group:
I'm eager to try out some coding with my shiny new AROS machines (and see if I remember anything at all from C/gcc.. to start with).
As far as I understand, AROS itself doesn't offer much of IDE's and code editors (except for a basic vim) so must of the developers run Aros hosted on Linux? Is that so or have I missed something from my google searches?
I have no problems with vim & gcc for small tests but and IDE is probably easier to get off to a quick start, so I will probably try to translate that steps http://amifreak.ftp.sh/post/setting-up-environment-to-start to my freshly installed Ubuntu x64 & CLion.

Posted on: 10/18 6:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Setup?

Group:
Quote:
elwis wrote:
As far as I understand, AROS itself doesn't offer much of IDE's and code editors (except for a basic vim)

Not sure if they qualify as IDE for you but Annotate, EdiSyn, Murks to name a few.

And ofc there is vim

Quote:

,.. so must of the developers run Aros hosted on Linux?

Windows and Linux.

There are many solutions available for Linux, eclipse for example. Just take out the AROS equation and search for linux editors that offer support for gcc.

Posted on: 10/18 8:28

From Sweden
Group:
Quote:

Not sure if they qualify as IDE for you but Annotate, EdiSyn, Murks to name a few.

And ofc there is vim

Yey, I haven't heard about those. I checked the Aros archives for development tools. Murks i think I started once but never really tried it out, I could do that first of course :)
Vim is nice with the right awesome plugins and syntax coloring i think, would do with Geany and SciTe also.

Anyway I'm trying out the AROS nightly build and that setup guide on my brand new Ubuntu, I hope it will work better than it did on my Debian last weekend (before the graphic card died on that one.. but that can't be because of Aros.. of course )

Posted on: 10/18 8:33

Group:
A note of warning: in case you installed a v1 nightly then the software i linked to won't work (out of the box). You would have to recompile for v1 abi in that case. All (public) software releases for AROS that you are able to find are aimed at v0 abi/i386 (unless specifically noted otherwise).

In case you have installed v0 nightly then you should be good to go. Also note that a v0 nightly doesn't do much or you as afaik nothing is back-ported since latest Icaros update (paolone always tries to make sure to update his releases to use latest system files).

afaik v0 nightly is compiled once every week (or 2 weeks) for formality (it does get some back-ports now and then though). You can keep track of that by using trac

Posted on: 10/18 9:20

From Sweden
Group:
Good to know, I'm about to assemble a clean AROS only machine (from Jones verified Hardware list on youtube), in the meantime I could do some hacking on the little eeebox of course but it's not really a powerhouse.
Now I'm struggling with Ubuntu and AROS Nightly (but running hosted is also cheating so it's just temporarily)

Having some trouble, probably with my machine being x86_64 of course lacking libs I guess. Better google that one and see what I need to setup to get the AROS-SDK-install script happy

BTW, I didn't even find a v1 on that one? http://www.aros.org/nightly.php

Posted on: 10/18 9:53

From Sweden
Group:
Now I've tried them out, those editors will definietly do for now, thanks a lot!
Going all in on Aros native for sure!

Posted on: 10/18 11:38

Group:
Quote:
elwis wrote:
Now I'm struggling with Ubuntu and AROS Nightly (but running hosted is also cheating so it's just temporarily)

Having some trouble, probably with my machine being x86_64 of course lacking libs I guess. Better google that one and see what I need to setup to get the AROS-SDK-install script happy

Yes, you need 32 bit libs installed to keep things happy. There are many StackOverFlow questions on that topic, and ofc depends on the distro how to set that up correctly.

Quote:

BTW, I didn't even find a v1 on that one? http://www.aros.org/nightly.php

That is because i only posted direct links to downloadpage. The v1 page is here

The generic download page can be viewed here.

You know about html ? some scoundrels added a feature called links to that html language so that viewers need to click on them to see another page... the dirty little rascals making thing so complicated

(look at your left when on aros.org)

(sorry, as i couldn't resist... )

Posted on: 10/18 12:01

From Sweden
Group:
Quote:

origami wrote:
[

You know about html ? some scoundrels added a feature called links to that html language so that viewers need to click on them to see another page... the dirty little rascals making thing so complicated

(look at your left when on aros.org)

(sorry, as i couldn't resist... )

Html..? Nope never head of, is that the weird group with David Bowie wearing an eyepatch and high heels? (Removing one pizza from the "I owe you" list..)

Posted on: 10/18 12:51

Group:
Quote:
elwis wrote:
Html..? Nope never head of, is that the weird group with David Bowie wearing an eyepatch and high heels? (Removing one pizza from the "I owe you" list..)

rofl

Thanks for the smile :thumbsup:

Posted on: 10/18 13:09

From Sweden
Group:
Your'e welcome, thanks a lot for all the great answers :)

Hmm, tried to run the nightly from my Ubuntu 17.10 machine, it is mad about something. Wayland?

Quote:

[ELF Loader] Code 0xf39abd78, Data 0x9877d20, Module con-handler...
[ELF Loader] Code 0xf39b3cec, Data 0x9877d24, Module ram-handler...
[Bootstrap] Entering kernel at 0xf389c000...
XError 8 (Major=73, Minor=0) task = X11
BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

Posted on: 10/18 21:43

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.