Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
3 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 1

amiga, mordesku, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: ShowPicture Image Viewer/Converter

From California, United States
Group:
Thanks!

I've actually finished with the first round of testing and revising the BMP DataType. I've identified three areas that will need minor changes. That should enable 8bit images to display properly.

There may be a few more iterations of changes after I enable the BMP_Save function by removing the "Save To Empty Buffer" at the end which results in an empty file. I'll have to test the save function as well after including the changes in the Nightly Build.

While making some changes I would like to try to support OS/2 Bitmaps and 32bit *.bmpx (bitmap extended) formats. That would make our BMP Datatype well rounded and also competitive with other BMP datatypes on other OS'es.

The next datatype on my list is the long awaited Save_ILBM. After the datatype testing is done and the image viewer is also done, then others may benefit from the 6,000 lines of code in ShowPicture that will illustrate how to use the picture datatypes to view and save supported image types.

Posted on: 11/10 0:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
you can have me testing amiga-m68k target. also you might send me the patches prior to commiting them and define the test cases. you have write acces to repo i assume?

Posted on: 11/10 9:03

Group:
Thanks. I will send you the three minor changes in a source file and an rtf or perhaps a pdf to highlight the changes. I can send that later this evening.

I don't have access to the repository yet. But I will address that later today as well. Thanks for your help in compiling and testing for 68k.

After I get the BMP datatype somewhat under control I can focus on the Save_ILBM for the IFF datatype as well.

Posted on: 11/10 13:40

Group:
Quote:
miker wrote:
Thanks. I will send you the three minor changes in a source file and an rtf or perhaps a pdf to highlight the changes. I can send that later this evening.

I don't have access to the repository yet.

You can access the sources (just not write to repository) in which case you can create a diff/patch file (please feel free to mention when you are not familiar with that) and post the diff/patch file.

A special diff program is able to display/highlight the changes you made in comparison to the original source-tree.

For instance, it is possible to clone the AROS repository using github (ezrec has a copy), then commit your changes to your local repository and then push those changes to your online github account. The github software is then able to show you the diff between two different revisions. Of course github is more git oriented (instead of AROS svn), but the principle is the same.

Posted on: 11/10 17:08

Group:
you can use svn to check out git sources alright i suppose. at least i did lately.
then you can use "svn diff" to check your local changes against the main repo and create patches.

Posted on: 11/10 19:22

Group:
btw i can commit the changes on your behalf, in the meantime, if you might choose so.

Posted on: 11/10 19:23

Group:
wawa,

Message me so I know where to send the changes and test files. Thanks.

I was going to revise the datatype in three locations. But instead of revising the 8bit code for loading images I'd like to just revise the biClrUsed part and the SaveBMP. If those two issues are resolved then I'll revise the Load 8bit image code. One thing at a time.

There may be a few more revisions when I enable SaveBMP because it may not save correctly. We'll see.

Update: I've sent the revised files and test bitmaps. Please include these changes in the repository so they can be compiled with AROS. I'm not setup to submit changes yet.

Posted on: 11/10 22:55

Edited by miker on 2017/11/11 9:20:52
Edited by miker on 2017/11/11 9:36:40

Group:
While testing HAM8 ILBM images they displayed as 24bit RGB. I was trying to save them directly to 24bit PNG images. In every case the conversion failed. I noticed that saving as 24bit PNG also failed with a few other images which were JPG and even 24bit PNG. Maybe there is a problem with the 24bit PNG save process? I'll look into that further later. Remember, we are loading, displaying and saving images with the Picture DataTypes. We are testing picture datatypes here.

But I suppose that JPG DataType is more forgiving. HAM8 is capable of saving directly to JPG. I'll try converting the resulting JPG again to PNG. If there are more issues the problem may be with 24bit PNG. I also have two 8bitplane ILBM images that absolutely refused to convert to PNG. I'll try saving them directly to JPG instead. If it works then the issue may be saving to 24bit PNG. Further testing is needed to find out more conclusively regarding the PNG's.

Posted on: 11/11 9:25

Group:
Wawa,

I found an svn diff tool called WinMerge that I can use to create a diff file of the changes for the datatype. I should have it completed by tomorrow morning.

Posted on: 11/11 19:04

Group:
are you still working with copied source under devcpp? checking out and keeping the sources up to date with svn command line directives is much more flexible and dependable, but probably you invested some time in your windows build environment.

Posted on: 11/12 3:13

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.