Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
3 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 1

amiga, mordesku, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: abi v.0 night builds

Group:
i am trying to figure out a way to go around it. so your, chainq and albs changes are pushed upwards to the fpc main repo? in this case i think its best to download a stable snapshot providing a link along with makefile and diff for ports, rather than checking out svn.

Posted on: 11/6 4:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
all sympathy i gathered for tim over the years i consider fwriter in the same state as gallium for os4;) so, no, not essential in my book.

Pretty sure I never asked for sympathy from anyone. If I had it to do again I wouldn't have wasted my money on it tbh.

Tim

Posted on: 11/6 5:00

Group:
sympathy is nothing that arises upon being asked for. what concerns aquisition of fwriter, in my eyes it was pretty a bold decision, i admit.

Posted on: 11/6 5:16

Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
I'm thinking I could do a simple AspireOS abi v.1 version where I add whenever new programs are compiled for it. The problem is if it is broken from time to time and everything needs to be recompiled it is just boring.

It could at be a test version where users could report bugs and help the developers.

Making a distribution is the easy part. Keeping it updated, you know, is the difficult AND boring one. The need to recompile and re-add all 3rd party programs, every time ABIv1 breaks again, is the main reason why you don't see any 64-bit SMP-aware ABIv1 version of Icaros Desktop.

Posted on: 11/6 6:55

Group:
Quote:

terminills wrote:

Pretty sure I never asked for sympathy from anyone. If I had it to do again I wouldn't have wasted my money on it tbh.

Tim

Although you didn't use the most encouraging words ever... what is the status of fwriter port? Is the project still alive? It would be a pity if it never succeed. Not counting your 'waste' of money...

Posted on: 11/6 6:58

Group:
Quote:

paolone wrote:
Quote:

terminills wrote:

Tim

Although you didn't use the most encouraging words ever... what is the status of fwriter port? Is the project still alive? It would be a pity if it never succeed. Not counting your 'waste' of money...

Yes it's still alive there's just a lot to do yet.

Posted on: 11/6 7:01

Group:
Quote:
wawa wrote:
so your, chainq and albs changes are pushed upwards to the fpc main repo?

That is affirmative.

In case not, it can be found inside ALB42's github account, that is were the experimental stuff usually ends up .

Quote:

in this case i think its best to download a stable snapshot providing a link along with makefile and diff for ports, rather than checking out svn.

Yes, that mght be the quickest/smartest solution and would not be too heavy on AROS repo.

Posted on: 11/6 7:42

Group:
Quote:

Making a distribution is the easy part. Keeping it updated, you know, is the difficult AND boring one. The need to recompile and re-add all 3rd party programs, every time ABIv1 breaks again, is the main reason why you don't see any 64-bit SMP-aware ABIv1 version of Icaros Desktop.

thats why i suggest having most open and essential stuff automatically at disposal ready to compile in form of modules within aros source tree, in particular in contribs and ports, which is why mazze set up ports section at all, as i understand it.

Posted on: 11/6 8:30

From Norway
Group:
Users dont want to bother with a lot of conserns about extra installs of programs and inn many cases not working programs. My Job is just to remove stuff and add what is working and make it presentable. Simple but usefull. I'm just trying to help out with whatever I can do. It is not many that know Aros better than me. Nagative shit bring it elsewhere. Dont need it here or anywhere for that sake.

Posted on: 11/6 11:05

Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
I'm thinking I could do a simple AspireOS abi v.1 version where I add whenever new programs are compiled for it. The problem is if it is broken from time to time and everything needs to be recompiled it is just boring.

It could at be a test version where users could report bugs and help the developers.

There may be a way to do a 64-bit test version of AspireOs. But it would require a little help from the devs.

If the devs pressed the pause button, and defered all work on the ABI elements of v1 until the end of 2018. Then you could test compile many essential (and non-essential) apps, with the small comfort of having the apps work for at least a year. That would also probably be enough time to check the viability of 64-bit drivers on different systems, and tweak the v1 libs into shape for general use.

Posted on: 11/7 15:00

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.