Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: AROS, Anubis, FriendUP UP and Away!

From Norway
Group:
And that was partly our conclusion back in 2013. JavaScript is a rocket launcher. And mixed with C code that does the heavy lifting, only the GUI and high level functionality will "suffer" from the minimal slowdown of JavaScript.

Additionally, it's a great way to embrace the lot of JavaScript developers who have no concept of low level languages. Consider it either as an Arexx or even a Basic like language for beginners to intermediary level programmers. Isn't it cool that an OS now allows anyone to make "native apps"?

Posted on: 1/24 3:24

From Sweden
Group:
Actually, not if the "native apps" behaves like ionic framework or electron apps, since they are kind of useless ;)
But I really like your enthusiasm and wish you well, I'll take a look at it in the future.

Posted on: 1/24 3:30
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Norway
Group:
Far from it. Electron and Ionic apps are more like "How to get your web site or app running in Windows". Again - think Chrome OS here.

It will be interesting to see the first C based apps in Friend. Can't say when it will happen. That depends on our developer pickup rate, really.

Posted on: 1/24 3:33

From Sweden
Group:
Quote:

m0ns00n wrote:
Far from it. Electron and Ionic apps are more like "How to get your web site or app running in Windows". Again - think Chrome OS here.

Then I stand corrected, and a lot more comfortable!

Good luck!

Posted on: 1/24 3:34

From Germany
Group:
When will I as Consumer be able to bring a FriendUP/AROS my money?
And do I need to be a Cryptocurrency engeneer or does it accept also classic Money?

Posted on: 1/24 7:10

From Liege Belgium
Group:

Quote:

This misconception dies hard. If you run Friend locally, you're not using the cloud – only if you OPT IN. Will you stay away from AROS because it has AmiCloud?

Cloud == Internet storage and computing services

there is no misconception, stop pretending to reinvent the wheel by using hype technology. I will not i just don't use or see the point of AmiCloud. running localy is one thing, running natively and independantly without netwok requirement is another. no sensible data of mine is on a networked unit.  
Quote:

Simple as that. And we're decentralizing it so you don't have to use Google / Azure etc. You can use your neighbor or your PC in the cabin in Switzerland. It's just to allow you to network and share resources. YOU chose with whom or when or where.
decentralizing don't change a thing when you thrust no one.
Quote:

In other words, the cloud features in Friend is a strength, not a stealthy surveillance ploy.
Today everything is.
Quote:

So while we do offer web access for the vast number of people who find this convenient, the native version of Friend will work exactly how you want it.
native would have to be indenpendant to anything else to be true native. and only then may be.
Quote:
i can't think Chrome OS i don't thrust it! again i want everything to be local and running at home with near to 0 network dependancy. and if ever i want something to run on windows i code it native on windows. 
Again i fail to see any interrest at all in Friend unless it goes full native & 100% local. and then for that we have Aros already wich is more than sufficient for me. and if i want to share something with someone i do mail it (hard snail mail style by the post. Analog life reduce man in the middle digital risk)  

Posted on: 1/24 7:21
[size=xx-small][font=Helvetica]AROS Native Box: Intel P4 Northwood (x86)2.66Ghz - 2 Gb RAM HD 120Gb - DVD+R Philips - Nvidia Gforce 2MX (works) Onboard AC97 sound (works) - Onboard Net (Disabled) Nic RTL 8029 (works)<BR>Laptop Toshiba, Core2 Duo, Triple b

From Norway
Group:
Actually, our marketplace is both for Cryptocurrency as well as regular money. That's why we're setting up a company to handle the FIAT (traditional money) end of things. Cryptocurrency is for autonomous trading between users and sellers. It also allows you to do microtransactions (0,000000007 Dollars for example).

Of course, you may chose to sell your own stuff directly, with no man in the middle - then you register as a merchant in the marketplace app.

I think the marketplace will be activated in a couple of months, once we've got enough interesting software titles in there. Working on that. For now, it's just a beta with free software.

If you want to become an expert, you can read our whitepaper

https://friendup.cloud/pdf/friend_whitepaper.pdf

Posted on: 1/24 7:26

From Norway
Group:
Like I said, Tzimisce, the cloud functionality is optional. For me it's a strength, because I want to use Golem to render my animations in a grid.

You can chose not to activate the networking features. I would never for a second demand network connectivity in a native OS installed on local hardware.

Posted on: 1/24 7:28

Group:
I love scalability, and I like FriendOS' "the Internet is your PC" approach.

Posted on: 1/24 8:17

Group:
@m0ns00n

thanks for sharing your lunapaint code with aros community. i really liked this up and eve tried to adapt your source in orderr to make it work on amiga-m68k target, which i succeded only partly with before i realized that it was genuinelly to handle 16bit per hcnel data imagery internally, so probably too heavy anyway. even though ive been able to compile it with afa headers few years back and run, i dont remember if natively or in uae.

nevertheless, even if friendup is out of scope of my interests, and i hardly have space left there i wish you luck with your effort.

Posted on: 1/24 9:06

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.