Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Cinnamon Writer 0.8 Question

From Italy
Group:
hi all

I just wanted to know what files to include in c: to be able to save documents in docx, currently the program can not be used as it is

thank you

Posted on: 2/22 0:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Cinnamon Writer 0.8 Question

Group:
Last time I used cinamon writer, it was crashing faster than I could save my docs.

I had big hopes in FinalWriter, but I'm still waiting.

Posted on: 2/23 10:21

From Italy
Group:
alternatively you can use janus-uae with amiga writer that optimally supports the new generation fonts, for easy exchange with windows or mac if you need to print.

hi man

Posted on: 2/23 17:53

Edited by sabbate on 2018/2/23 18:17:24
Edited by sabbate on 2018/2/23 18:17:55

Group:
The best solution for now would be running Folio inside of OWB (it's offline software, so no need to run it from the cloud). Problem is that AROS OWB does not support very well the official release of Folio, and I've NOT been granted permission by Andé Siegel to include the first beta version in Icaros Desktop. You can read part of the story here

http://vmwaros.blogspot.it/2017/11/a- ... -bring-folio-to-aros.html

Please don't blame André for his decision, which I believe it's the right one. 'Version 0' of Folio is neither comparable nor near to the final one, it would not give the right image of its capabilities.

But I gently ask (again) here either to support Folio and its author (asking for a port as well), OR, even better, to look at the code and try fixing it for our OWB 1.25. AFAIK Folio is released under the terms of LGPL. Any volounteer?

Posted on: 2/24 1:27

Group:
Quote:
AFAIK Folio is released under the terms of LGPL.

I have not decided on a license so far. Even version 1 is something I consider to be experimental as the code needs a big clean up.

The core editor is LGPL, however. That said, unlike what Michal Schulz says, there is more to it than including a simple link to a cloud-hosted javascript file in order to get something resembling a normal local application.

Posted on: 2/24 11:44

From Italy
Group:
Once odyssey is updated, you will be able to use the google suite again

hi

Posted on: 2/25 2:58

Group:
Quote:

A-Siegel wrote:
Quote:
AFAIK Folio is released under the terms of LGPL.

I have not decided on a license so far. Even version 1 is something I consider to be experimental as the code needs a big clean up.

Hello André, good to see you here. I have tried following both your code and even tried to have a peek to TinyMCE itself. With the former, I could not get much farther than commenting out MOS-only references and have the script launching OWB. Unluckily, the same compatibility issue persists. So I have downloaded TinyMCE and started it locally. It works with AROS OWB, so I guess Folio should do that as well. Obviously I have neither the time, nor the skills, nor the will to do something like you already did.

Quote:

There is more to it than including a simple link to a cloud-hosted javascript file in order to get something resembling a normal local application.

As I've already said, I like your approach of using OWB as an engine to fire up a completely different application, and at the moment, with Cinnamon Writer lost somewhere and Final Writer still being worked on, Folio is the nearest thing we have to a real-life word processor. I am very sad it's not working on AROS too, and I sincerely hope there will a way to make it work on our OWB as well.

I am also trying the Amiga Writer 2.2 route and it's working very well on AROS M68K, but functionality-wise I guess Folio is already more advanced.

Posted on: 2/25 7:14

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Search