Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Controller

Group:
I use the lowlevel library through lib Sdl. The lowlevel library has support for only 7 joystick buttons (I guess that limit was from the old Cd32 controller). Even support for 1 more button would be helpful but support for 12 or 16 buttons would cover most joypads, I think.

The lowlevel library forces a choice between digital (d-pad) or analog support. An extended type, on top of the legacy controller types, would ideally support both. As it is now, I have to compile a custom lib Sdl for games that use xy analog.

It would be nice to have z-axis and rotation support, but to be honest most Sdl games don't need it.

Yes, if I plug in a second joypad, the readings seem to get merged with the input of the first joypad, until I reconfigure Trident. Perhaps there could be a Trident option to load a typical cfg (which would then ask for port, number of buttons, etc).

Also regarding input, many Sdl games (and posix apps) expect and use the right-ctrl key. Sometimes it's a pita to find a workaround, especially if the keys are documented. Imo, having distinct left and right ctrl keys would benefit Aros.

Posted on: 4/20 14:55
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Norway
Group:
Yes, would be nice if 2 joysticks where detected automatically to different ports. Little lame the need to configure manually through Trident.

Posted on: 4/26 15:16

From Sunny Finland
Group:
On the "A Week in AROS..." thread nikolaos wrote:

Quote:

Dizzy: That would be very welcome. Is it not just to do it if someone are interested. If it works it works. If you do it I give you 50£
Maybe others also would put some money into this.

Hi and sorry for the late reply...

In my mind the new input implementation should be done right the first time. There are many possibilities on how the new input method could be conceived. I'd prefer if common agreement could be met on just how to implement it.

Someone might frown upon using the AROS .hidd system, but they are basicly just libraries/devices...

Kalamatee wants an event driven system which is in my mind is also desired, but I think SDL also polls the inputs...

No big deal there either, just make a input handler that fills the inputs as they come and poll the result from there if not implementing a real event driven system. This could be implemented in the SDL AROS port so it would seem nothing has changed.

Posted on: 4/29 4:26
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.