Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

I have aspireOne laptop

Group:
Hello,

I have an AspireOne laptop it is ten times more powerful than my PC-eee laptop. It have larger screen, allows for higher resolution, better detailed screen, faster processor. It have real inter CPU and not fake celeron one, it comes with 1 GB of RAM and not 512 Mb of RAM. It have more powerful graphics card, supporting better 3D graphics and faster GPU and very beautiful bright screen.

It comes with larger hard drive space a nice 150 GB instead of 4 GB. It have more USB ports and comes with two kinds of power supply..one power supply goes to wall socket and one can be charged in the car directly. It comes with two batteries, one larger battery for longer duration and comes with a nice mouse. (A friend gave it to me).

I installed icaros full on it and it was really fast installation and boot up.

Problem with it...is one. The sound chipset is not supported and I do not know about the network side either. So here is the reason why I am posting here.

Are there two USB devices solution where I can insert a USB sound card that works with icaros and one for network that I can buy? If there is and it is guaranteed to work on icaros regardless of the hardware it is installed on...please please can you send me name of the two devices? I will buy them immediately as this is the best laptop for my icaros...the experience is ever so refreshing!! :D

Posted on: 4/22 21:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: I have aspireOne laptop

Group:
There's about 50 models of AspireOne so this question is impossible to answer without more information.
Ditto eee pc. The atom based eee pcs are better than the atom based aspire one as well.
None are particularly good in my opinion. There's much, much, much better aros laptops.

BTW in regards to "fake" Celeron cpus,..... theyre considerably faster than an atom clock for clock, even the p3 coppermine based celerons, so you make no sense here either.
Yes, there are Atoms that are faster than very slow Celerons, but to call the Celeron "fake" based on a 15 year old version is stupid.

The stupidity in the amiga community at large has finally made me move on, so thank you for that. Im done.

Posted on: 4/23 0:44

From Norway
Group:
xboxown:

That is great. Cool AROS boots on it.
In most cases it is not difficult to change the wi-fi card to the right type. If you have a android phone it is also possible to share network through USB.
You can read about it here.
https://sites.google.com/site/arosaspireone/about-aspire-one
I'm afraid that native gfx for 2D and 3D will not be hardware accelereted with your laptop. I guess you have to use VESA mode?
The good news is that it is planed to support lot's of more hardware when we get new version of MESA with drivers.
It could also be possible that in not so distant future we get USB audio support so you could get sound with a USB sound card.
How did you try sound? Did you open ahi.prefs can click on test? To be sure press test 2 times. Also try headphones as in a few cases the headphone output works but not the internal speakers.

Posted on: 4/23 2:04

Group:
Quote:

xboxown wrote:
Are there two USB devices solution where I can insert a USB sound card that works with icaros and one for network that I can buy? If there is and it is guaranteed to work on icaros regardless of the hardware it is installed on...please please can you send me name of the two devices? I will buy them immediately as this is the best laptop for my icaros...the experience is ever so refreshing!! :D

Hello.

1. We need some changes in Poseidon (USB stack) to support asynchronous_something which is mandatory to have USB Audio. I hope someone will finally pick up the job, since it would be awesome to have this sorted out.

2. As Niko has said, there are some wi-fi options which work on AROS through USB and there is the option to link a smartphone to get the Internet from.

3. In order to identify your exact hardware, you may decide to install Linux on your laptop and check on it. Installing Linux, by the way, will let you install Icaros Desktop in hosted mode, which is running near-to-native speed and allows to use even native applications. Please look here to discover how Icaros Desktop can interact with the host operating system when running hosted:
http://vmwaros.blogspot.com/p/hostbridge.html

Posted on: 4/23 2:57

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

paolone wrote:
Quote:

xboxown wrote:

Hello.

1. We need some changes in Poseidon (USB stack) to support asynchronous_something which is mandatory to have USB Audio. I hope someone will finally pick up the job, since it would be awesome to have this sorted out.

Isochronous Transfers. Asynchronous is the opposite.

Quote:

2. As Niko has said, there are some wi-fi options which work on AROS through USB and there is the option to link a smartphone to get the Internet from.

3. In order to identify your exact hardware, you may decide to install Linux on your laptop and check on it. Installing Linux, by the way, will let you install Icaros Desktop in hosted mode, which is running near-to-native speed and allows to use even native applications. Please look here to discover how Icaros Desktop can interact with the host operating system when running hosted:
http://vmwaros.blogspot.com/p/hostbridge.html

Posted on: 4/23 8:19

Group:
@nikolaos

I just wanted to confirm first. If I get this https://sites.google.com/site/arosaspi ... -aspire-one/USb%20Net.JPG and install it in my machine that icaros/aros will detect it right away and I will have network connection?

As for the audio I have not checked the headphone port I will check that today. You guys are also saying that there is at work USB Audio support coming in it's way that all I need to do is be patient? I will do just that. I will keep aros/icaros installed in this machine until such support is possible even if it takes couple of years waiting.

As for 2D/3D acceleration, I think this version of aspireOne there is 2D/3D acceleration because when I run any 3D game it is almost instant and performance is superb and super fast. I have no doubt that the 2d/3d accelerator is working in full optimal performance with this laptop.

@beezle

Hedhehe, I was the last straw for you huh? My stupidity was the final count down for you huh? :D

I am glad to be of service by the way for you leaving. Your welcome :D

Posted on: 4/23 9:01

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

xboxown wrote:
@nikolaos

I just wanted to confirm first. If I get this https://sites.google.com/site/arosaspi ... -aspire-one/USb%20Net.JPG and install it in my machine that icaros/aros will detect it right away and I will have network connection?

As for the audio I have not checked the headphone port I will check that today. You guys are also saying that there is at work USB Audio support coming in it's way that all I need to do is be patient? I will do just that. I will keep aros/icaros installed in this machine until such support is possible even if it takes couple of years waiting.

As for 2D/3D acceleration, I think this version of aspireOne there is 2D/3D acceleration because when I run any 3D game it is almost instant and performance is superb and super fast. I have no doubt that the 2d/3d accelerator is working in full optimal performance with this laptop.

@beezle

Hedhehe, I was the last straw for you huh? My stupidity was the final count down for you huh? :D

I am glad to be of service by the way for you leaving. Your welcome :D

Instead of assuming, it would be best if you could get the output of pcitool and post it here so we know what actual hardware you have.

Posted on: 4/23 9:43

Group:
Done! When I arrive home I will do just that!

By the way just to confirm? THIS IS IT! THIS IS LITERALLY IS THE LAPTOP SITTING IN MY HOME

https://sites.google.com/site/arosaspi ... ire-one/8284-img4981s.jpg

Just to give you a heads up! But like I said...when I go home I will give you the entire hardware spec. Maybe if I install drivers that does not come with icaros it will solve all my problem! Anyways...when I come home I will immediately send you the information

Posted on: 4/23 10:17

From Norway
Group:
You can not install drivers that does not come with Icaros. All the drivers are there. I guess you are not thinking of using drivers for windows cause that will for sure not work.

That netbook looks like Aspire one A150. That netbook is fully supported with wi-fi, sound native gfx, everything.

Posted on: 4/23 11:00

Group:
When I arrive home today I will send the hardware spec. Just to make sure. Because I still do not understand why I am not getting from speaker. It may look like this laptop but it could be different from inside. Before I sealed it this way, I will post the hardware information at home. I also check to make sure the network is working at least. I have not tackled that ones the icaros is installed.

I thought I could take the driver like I would with amiga and put it in devs folder or something and reboot. I guess it is different.

Posted on: 4/23 11:11

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.