Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

No Account
Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v1
Guest_No Account
Quote:

wawa wrote:
what i mean is that a better option is if forks are not spread all around the world for users to investigate and thereore would be best to keep it common where possible. but thx. looking into it.

@wawa: whIle in the past forks of projects generally meant a different versions of it completely, usually due to disagreement on the projects direction ... git forks are not quite the same (though of course they could still be used the same). GitHub has a fork button so you can do your own thing and then request it gets merged into the project by issuing a pull request.

Posted on: 5/12 9:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
all right. have been forking and cloning webkit in order to work on big endian patch. will be forking milkytracker in a moment. just need to see how to reassign my local copy to the new repository in order to properly commit the changes along with comments. then marlon can perhaps better see and judge if he can reuse any of it in his copy.

Posted on: 5/12 9:57

Group:
ok. forked and adding my changes in smaller commits. my comments may not always be as consistent as they should be, sorry for that. need to review a bit what remains.

as always advices welcome, as im not a coder any may do stupid things that need to be corrected or improved.

https://github.com/wawatok/MilkyTracker

Posted on: 5/12 13:27

From Sweden
Group:
https://github.com/AmigaPorts/MilkyTracker/pull/11

Done! So much easier to review than a patch-file! =)

Posted on: 5/12 13:32

From Sweden
Group:
I constantly make pull requests from the main upstream Milkytracker repo to keep the AmigaPorts one up to date. Your work on the CMakeFiles puts us on the path of a possible pull request to the main Milkytracker repo. I'm not sure how happy they will be with me reintroducing SDL-1.2 code into the main repo, but I noticed that a lot of the code between SDL-1.2 and SDL-2 was minimal and only required some ifdef's to keep it going.

I am however taking baby steps with this, and the main reason for me to use premake is to easily try stuff with multiple cross compilers (as I only work with cross compilers, no native compiles)

Posted on: 5/12 13:36

Group:
Quote:

Marlon wrote:
but I noticed that a lot of the code between SDL-1.2 and SDL-2 was minimal and only required some ifdef's to keep it going.

speaking of which i wonder, how do you get away with too many arguments in SDL_PeepEvents when using this function in sdl-1.2 context. i just (hopefully) improved my fix and will commit it in a minute.

perhaps i this only costs them few ifdefs they might keep 1.2 compatibility for a while. i probably should find out if sdl versions define something one can ifdef upon directly rather than hardcoding target platforms.

Posted on: 5/12 14:21

Group:
also im curious how do you get around these pragmas. perhaps bebbo has implemented something genuine gcc doesnt have in this form. yet strange as it isnt amiga specific.

Posted on: 5/12 14:33

From Sweden
Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
also im curious how do you get around these pragmas. perhaps bebbo has implemented something genuine gcc doesnt have in this form. yet strange as it isnt amiga specific.

Huh? I've done nothing special to get around any pragmas. Everything I've done is available in the premake4.lua file, I've done nothing else except from that. :)

Bebbo added some code in the premake-file to automatically detect the gcc6 toolchain for amigaos3.x, I wonder if we could do something similar in CMake?

Posted on: 5/14 3:08

Group:
im not sure. you mean like when
if(AMIGA)
then disabling sdl2 check?
the advantage of aros build System is that cmake is invoked from meta makefile and the build system can ensure that dependencies are in place in advance.

working with amiga sdk/ndk there would prpbably need to be a check if libs/headers are present at the expected location, whatever it would be (i dont recall).

Posted on: 5/16 13:27

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.