Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

OlafS3, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

Re: Does Contrib ABI v1 build at the moment?

Group:
so to ensure, you are building in a different dir as the source (its easier to keep clean)?

if i understand you right, aros itself builds alright (and works?) and only contribs break on contrib-icu4c module?

i just hope its not due to some flag i added lately to makefile in order to prepare it for icu-6.x (i am building locally here)

you might look at changelog on contrib/development/libs/icu/mmakefile.src and eventually rollback my changes.

however, the first thing to try is to make clean build as icu is one of external packages that are built in several stages, fetching and patching the source, which is then to be found in target directory/bin/Ports. usually from there the actual build process begins, generating files in target directory/bin/gen und eventually installing to appropriate location in the target directory/bin/AROS

Posted on: 5/30 3:54
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

MartinW wrote:
OK, removed the toolchain from configure. Deleted the entire build tree (with rm -rf) just to be sure. Ran configure, then make, then make contrib.

Fails at the same point.

I've attached the end of the current build log.

Here is the current config command:
/home/mart/Arosdev/src/configure --target=linux-x86_64 --with-binutils-version=2.25 --with-gcc-version=6.3.0 --enable-ccache --with-portssources=/home/mart/Arosdev/src-ports --with-resolution=1440x900x24

I figure I would add debugging support once I've got it building without and have worked out what I am going to do.

Do we need to make sure that I'm not doing anything stupid in the setup? For example I am cloning the git mirror and then using rsync to get the sources into the same order as they would be if I had checked out from SVN (contrib tree inside the source tree). I'm primarily doing this because I use git daily but it's been at least 6 years since I've used SVN so I'm rusty.

No - it appears the build of icu4c for your build machine is failing, probably because of the version of gcc on it. What OS and version of gcc are you using? Unfortunately fixing this might be out with the scope of developing for AROS, and it might be easier to just get an older version of gcc for your build machine (or compile it ;))

Its a bit of a catch 22 - the version of webkit used in owb needs the "older" icu to compile. I would think the newer icu code will compile without issue for you, but you wont then be able to compile owb…

So its probably easiest to just disable the owb build all together.

Posted on: 5/30 4:04

From Norway
Group:
Maybe it would be good if possible to link to a Ubuntu or other Linux distribution version that is optimal for compiling for AROS. With the right gcc etc?

Posted on: 5/30 4:28

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
Maybe it would be good if possible to link to a Ubuntu or other Linux distribution version that is optimal for compiling for AROS. With the right gcc etc?

Anything that isnt trying to be "bleeding edge" should be fine. I have always used CentOS personaly, since it is a few revisions behind in favour of a stable environment.

Posted on: 5/30 4:40

From England
Group:
OK, this makes sense. I do like to live on the edge when it comes to my "daily driver" operating systems and it wouldn't be the first time it has come back to bite me. I'm not on that machine at the moment but from memory the GCC is 7.something and Ubuntu is 17.10. I actually wanted to switch to Arch because I find the major upgrades are a pain with Ubuntu. If I did that then gcc would be 8.1 as everything tends to just be a few weeks old in Arch.

I have no problem with using a lower version if I can. I will look into it. I don't have anything that I do which demands such a new version.

And apologies to Wawa. We exchanged a couple of PMs previously and he said about disabling OWB but I didn't make / realise the link between that and icu.

Sorry if this is a waste of peoples time but I guess it helps to be aware of something like this.

Posted on: 5/30 6:04

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

MartinW wrote:
OK, this makes sense. I do like to live on the edge when it comes to my "daily driver" operating systems and it wouldn't be the first time it has come back to bite me. I'm not on that machine at the moment but from memory the GCC is 7.something and Ubuntu is 17.10.

Ok - that's what I presumed.

Quote:

I actually wanted to switch to Arch because I find the major upgrades are a pain with Ubuntu. If I did that then gcc would be 8.1 as everything tends to just be a few weeks old in Arch.

I have no problem with using a lower version if I can. I will look into it. I don't have anything that I do which demands such a new version.

And apologies to Wawa. We exchanged a couple of PMs previously and he said about disabling OWB but I didn't make / realise the link between that and icu.

Sorry if this is a waste of peoples time but I guess it helps to be aware of something like this.

We live and learn ;)

Posted on: 5/30 6:32

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

MartinW wrote:
If I did that then gcc would be 8.1 as everything tends to just be a few weeks old in Arch.

Funnily enough - ive just committed patches to build the gcc 8.1 toolchain for AROS, though there is some work to do before AROS can be built using it (ive fixed a number of things but theres a long way to go...).

Posted on: 5/30 6:35

Group:
Quote:

MartinW wrote:
/ realise the link between that and icu.

en course of building odyssey i came to realize that icu is actually only there as prerequisite for owb and that it conflicts with odyssey, since newer webkit and especially other platforms needs newer icu. the dependencies are a bit complicated here and i have also already came across problems resulting from different versions of host compilers.

Posted on: 5/30 8:23

Group:
Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
ive just committed patches to build the gcc 8.1 toolchain for AROS

omg..

Posted on: 5/30 8:24

From England
Group:
@wawa - which version of flex do you have?

After a very long time, my build now gets as far as OWB but dies with an error in WebCore/CSS/CSSParser.cpp which is pulling in tokenizer.cpp via an include right at the end of the file.

That file is auto-generated by flex and although I don't see an error from that process it looks decidedly like the output from flex is cut off.

I have flex v2.6.1 installed at the moment.

I'm getting inclined to just disable OWB but it feels so close now :)

Posted on: 5/30 9:47

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.