Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

No Account
Re: Core i9 Development Hardware for kalamatee paid from the AROS Fund!
Guest_No Account
Quote:

cybergorf wrote:
Quote:

Things like SGX, which make it easy to spot erroneous code.

Since RyZen AMD has SME und SVE, which should provide similar functionality.
Just saying this to make clear, that AMDs newest line of CPUs has closed the gap to Intel...

But since you are used to Intels extensions and that is your workflow: Intel ist is!

Its not only that, My existing raid arrays,etc need to be compatible with the motherboard - and I really don't want to have to reinstall the whole system again just to use different components, its counter productive.

I also need something that is going to be future proof and usable for some years to come, not fail in a few years and need replaced again.

I appreciate some peoples comments are in the interest of getting me on my feet and able to work on things effectively again, but I know what I need to replace and with what and why. I'm not interested in a short-term vision that is useless a year from now or only lets me work on specific things - I have to get something that lets me work properly/efficiently, and lets me develop AROS to take advantage of the features, etc they demand.

At some point I also need to try get a newer nvidia gfx card to work on bringing the nouveau code upto date, but that's a different issue altogether.

These things are by no means cheap - but without them its just not possible for me to do what is needed.

Quote:

From power2people:
AROS Development Fund: $2952.16

"The allocation of the money will be decided by a group of AROS community representatives."

Who?

Posted on: 6/12 10:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Germany
Group:
The AROS Funds doesn't work and is useless that's why the Community stopped Donating there!

I am for making phoenixconsole the AROS Manager as kind of CEO!

Posted on: 6/12 10:34

Group:
Quote:

A-Siegel wrote:

That being said, you are one of very few AROS developer who do receive some financial support.

and of all people, as much as i would like all of those working on aros would actually receive some return beyond satisfaction, he deserves it.

you may judge just by amount of work obviously being done by him, even under current circumstances. but please note that a lot beyond that can be directly attributed, couldnt be done without his help and, lets call it, "patronage".

Posted on: 6/12 10:54

Group:
Quote:

AROS-Confidence1 wrote:
The AROS Funds doesn't work and is useless that's why the Community stopped Donating there!

Maybe they stoped - I did not observe the status there and it is not clear how recent the donations are...

However: the money is sitting there and should be put to good use. Better sooner than later. The top three donors contributed more than 50%
Vidar Hokstad
Johannes Genberg
Johan Svensson

Let these three decide.

(It would even be enough to just take the money these three donated, without touching the money all others contributed to the funds.
Does anyone know how to contact them? Is Bill Buck still managing things?)

Posted on: 6/12 10:55

Group:
Oh thanks : ) .. ASiegel did something responsible for a "gatekeeper" : ) .. nothing to create drama.
Personally i don't see using FUND-money for Hardware useful.

Why? 1st I sell computers.. so why would anybody sane collect money and throw 10-20% of it to a reseller ?
Nonesens : )

I donate the PC to Kal. I can also donate a 10xx GPU of choice. Let me know which one. (I stock 1070, 1070TI and 1080TI)

Than I am biased a litte bit too : ) Some time ago I've send a bit pocket money for a hand full Final Writer licenses . Could we perhaps finish one thing first : )
The thing about FW is that "nice guys" in the background kept own plans behind to didn't hurt possible FW sales.. now what happened.. ? 2 things are not done. I am not talking about me here.

Especially because FW could mean a little bit income.

I would appreciate if we can get at least a preview version of FW done.
I buy another bunch of license for 500€ which I will send in Advance.

Deal?

My very very first comment behind the scenes was that throwing money on a burning fire will not help anybody. If I compare Boris Becker.. he will be done with his dept sooner than later. British law seems nice about it - at least it seems so.

@Kalamatee
If you need help to solve debts (by cutting them) I am in. But it should happen in a one and for all manner and perhaps with external help which if this help costs money I would donate too.

I say this as a friend not to offend you in any way.

My suggestion:
Discuss debts with a professional help - ask for a cut - companies are selling debts for 20% or less of the nominal worth.. so there is room for discussion.
Release a FW preview and offer it for sale
Take the PC and GPU and work on what you like too : )

------------------
Of course you / we can decide to use the FUND money. ASiegel couldn't prevent. But he did his "job".

Like a "controller" in a company who is always the "arse" : )

----------------
EDIT:
Which OS are you working on.. do you need a windows license?

Posted on: 6/12 11:09
www.ares-shop.eu

Group:
My offer:
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
16GB DDR4
2TB HDD
Geforce 1070 (because I think it is more realistically user oriented than a 1080TI : ) )
Sharkoon AM5 Silent Red

Price 0€
No OS

Posted on: 6/12 11:24
www.ares-shop.eu

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

phoenixkonsole wrote:
Oh thanks : ) .. ASiegel did something responsible for a "gatekeeper" : ) .. nothing to create drama.
Personally i don't see using FUND-money for Hardware useful.

Why? 1st I sell computers.. so why would anybody sane collect money and throw 10-20% of it to a reseller ?
Nonesens : )

I donate the PC to Kal. I can also donate a 10xx GPU of choice. Let me know which one. (I stock 1070, 1070TI and 1080TI)

Than I am biased a litte bit too : ) Some time ago I've send a bit pocket money for a hand full Final Writer licenses . Could we perhaps finish one thing first : )
The thing about FW is that "nice guys" in the background kept own plans behind to didn't hurt possible FW sales.. now what happened.. ? 2 things are not done. I am not talking about me here.

Especially because FW could mean a little bit income.

I would appreciate if we can get at least a preview version of FW done.
I buy another bunch of license for 500€ which I will send in Advance.

Deal?

Well that is mostly out of my hands - FinalWriter was not something I was working on for free, there was a promise to support me during its development that quickly ran dry (*), leaving me in the lurch and partly why things are the way they are for me presently but this isn't really the place for me to go into that. Its not mine to be able to agree to your terms. While I did continue working to try and get FinalWriter to a usable state, I couldn't work on it for nothing while my rent went unpaid, and I was unable to feed myself or my children.

I don't own the final writer code, and have no control of what happens with it. There have also been changes made to it that weren't what we had agreed to do.

Given that the existing code resides on my out-of-action raid array, I cant even do anything with it just now.

Quote:

My very very first comment behind the scenes was that throwing money on a burning fire will not help anybody. If I compare Boris Becker.. he will be done with his dept sooner than later. British law seems nice about it - at least it seems so.

@Kalamatee
If you need help to solve debts (by cutting them) I am in. But it should happen in a one and for all manner and perhaps with external help which if this help costs money I would donate too.

I say this as a friend not to offend you in any way.

I do not have debt issues presently, but I certainly don't have any funds to replace my hardware.

Quote:

My suggestion:
Discuss debts with a professional help - ask for a cut - companies are selling debts for 20% or less of the nominal worth.. so there is room for discussion.
Release a FW preview and offer it for sale
Take the PC and GPU and work on what you like too : )

This isn't really relevant, and as said FinalWriter is not mine to make any decisions about, or to sell licenses for.

Quote:

------------------
Of course you / we can decide to use the FUND money. ASiegel couldn't prevent. But he did his "job".

Like a "controller" in a company who is always the "arse" : )

----------------
EDIT:
Which OS are you working on.. do you need a windows license?

No, I just need replacement CPU/Motherboard and RAM as already stated - and not just any old hardware since that is not suitable.

* - I was also not the main party working on the code, and since the other developer vanished into thin air without warning, was left with the code to work on alone.

Posted on: 6/12 11:38

Group:
Ok... Timothy own the code, right?.. Couldn't he just let you compile something?.. I have a preview from ... 2 years ago.. so it was working. Datatypes worked..

As said.. I pay in advance for a given number of licenses and the right to sell those license afterwards "uni-solo" .. for a limited time at least.

Win-Win.

Posted on: 6/12 11:52
www.ares-shop.eu

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

phoenixkonsole wrote:
Ok... Timothy own the code, right?.. Couldn't he just let you compile something?.. I have a preview from ... 2 years ago.. so it was working. Datatypes worked..

That's not a question I can answer ;(

Yes it was working, and almost complete - but changes have been made to it since that I was not privy to, and the last I heard it doesn't even compile. As much as I would like to see it finished, its just not mine to make any comments or decisions about - you would need to take it up with Term.

And even with suitable hardware to develop it - I still cant live for free. its not something (much like working on AROS) that you can just spend a few odd hours on here or there, or it will never actually get done in a realistic time frame.

Quote:

As said.. I pay in advance for a given number of licenses and the right to sell those license afterwards "uni-solo" .. for a limited time at least.

Win-Win.

I appreciate very much your support and what you are saying, I just cant make promises about something that isn't mine.

Posted on: 6/12 11:55

Group:
When I send you MoBO, CPU and RAM as mentioned (+fan) it would be all you need? I have planned to send you an 850W PSU in the case because if you/we upgrade to 1080TI you can need the power..
But if you say the components are enough I would like it (less work : ) )

Posted on: 6/12 12:15
www.ares-shop.eu

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 7 »

Topic is Locked

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.