Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

sTix, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

(1) 2 3 »

No Account
Goodbye and thanks for the support
Guest_No Account
Well, due to the stupidity shown by some people on this forum particularly, I have decided I will no longer be wasting my time contributing to AROS.

Apparently replacing my broken hardware with suitable components to continue developing is "cheating people out of their money" - and since I cant afford to replace them myself, I see no point in trying to continue with what has been an expensive and time consuming hobby.

For those who have shown me genuine support over the years - I thank you and wish you the best in the future. I will be posting a similar message to Patreon in due course, and eventually removing the page.

Take care,
Kalamatee.

Posted on: 6/16 16:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No Account
Re: Goodbye and thanks for the support
Guest_No Account
Please kalamatee.. please stay..

That never was my Intention when I started the thread..

Shit what can I say.. I am on your side.. we need you.. AROS needs you..

Shit.. just calm down kalamatee and sleep over it!

I ask for excusion and forgiveness kalamatee!

Don't overreact!

Posted on: 6/16 16:28

No Account
Guest_No Account
No sorry - I'm tired of the pathetic, defamatory attempts by some people to discredit my contributions to AROS, or suggest I do not really a> have specific hardware requirements to continue with work I have contributed/b> know what I am talking about. No doubt I don't really have a broken raid array housing my data or have aged and failing hardware that needs replaced either - so I am done with this idiocy.

Take care,
Nick
aka Kalamatee.

Posted on: 6/16 16:37

No Account
Guest_No Account
Well sleep over it please kalamatee.

You have much more people on your side here than against you.. Many are on your side and still want to support you and AROS!

It's logical that you need specific Hardware to repair your Development System!

Specific.. the Idea with the Core i9 was mine.. and I take full responsability for my Mistake!

Sorry

And I still want to Donate to you on Patreon!

I am sorry for the mess that came out now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjEq-r2agqc

Posted on: 6/16 16:51

Edited by AROS-Confidence1 on 2018/6/16 17:31:04
Edited by AROS-Confidence1 on 2018/6/16 17:31:40

Group:
Please do not go.

Posted on: 6/16 21:14

Group:
@Kalamatee

don't you understand that anywhere you go and whatever you try to do there would always be some naysayers showing up at some point ?
it's inevitable.
if you choose to listen to them and give up you will never be able to finish anything meaningful.
sometimes it may even come from important persons that really mean something to you personally, like family and friends.
that's how you measure the importance of your commitment to your project and the importance of your project in itself. how people react and if they react at all.

now, this will sound a bit harsh but that reminds me of hyperion dudes who where crying because there was some meanies in the amiga community were speaking bad about them.

you do what you do because you like doing it. there will be people that will like you and others that will dislike you. that's life. i would recommend you listen to the constructive ones and not to the drag down forces.

Posted on: 6/17 1:38

No Account
Guest_No Account
Quote:

freeaks wrote:
@Kalamatee

don't you understand that anywhere you go and whatever you try to do there would always be some naysayers showing up at some point ?
it's inevitable.
if you choose to listen to them and give up you will never be able to finish anything meaningful.
sometimes it may even come from important persons that really mean something to you personally, like family and friends.
that's how you measure the importance of your commitment to your project and the importance of your project in itself. how people react and if they react at all.

Theres a difference between naysayers, which I have had to endure for as long as I have contributed to AROS - to people who make slanderous accusations.

Quote:

now, this will sound a bit harsh but that reminds me of hyperion dudes who where crying because there was some meanies in the amiga community were speaking bad about them.

you do what you do because you like doing it. there will be people that will like you and others that will dislike you. that's life. i would recommend you listen to the constructive ones and not to the drag down forces.

There comes a point where it is no longer enjoyable developing/contributing massive amounts of time and effort, to have it cast into doubt to appease someone else's ego. I have 3 young children that are far more deserving of my time.

Posted on: 6/17 1:49

Group:
i think you're maybe listening too much to the criticism from others, at this moment.
important question are: from who does this criticism come from ? is this really coming from persons whose opinion matters ? i doubt that.
is it coming from the majority of the community ? i doubt that.

now, about your family needing you, that's another matter, that of course, everyone could understand that.

Posted on: 6/17 2:17

From Italy
Group:
I follow aros for a long time, I just have to thank you as a simple user for what I can use and that is the current system, I do not know who are the other programmers respect your choice the family as I see it is the most important thing we can to have

have a good day

Posted on: 6/17 2:20

Group:
I rarely post on this forum but this caught my attention because I secretly keep following it.

First of all I want to thank Kalamatee for all hist support for AROS. Without him, AROS probably wouldn't be where it is today.

Kalamatee! There are a lot of offending people outside. People that have high expectations or simply don't think about the stuff they say. The internet is full of them.

Please don't feel personally offended or upset because of them. Simply not listening to all the bullshit is the best you can do. I for myself stayed away from Forums, Mailinglists and other crap because of this. I even stopped reading general news on news pages (even not computer related news) because the information and comments found there are quite time consuming and sometimes take a lot of power from one because they are hard getting through.

A word about donation (I am not really sure if that was the cause). If you get donations then simply take them as it is. A donation! Do whatever you desire to do with that. If someone feels "his" or "her" donation is being abused or "cheated" then why bother? No one forced them to donate in first place.

What people forget is: Programming is a creativity part. It takes hours, time, motivation and endurance to create something within this creativity process. If there are a lot of these "naysayers" or people that are hard to deal with, then everything ends up losing motivation because the morale for further contributions has broken apart.

This also happened to me.

Best solution: Do not participate to public forums, mailinglists and keep things in a small circle of people.

There will always be naysayers. No matter what you do, what you don't do, what you say or what you don't say.

Take a small break and simply continue what you've done before.

Please remember!

There are a lot of people (more that you may guess) who are really thankful for what you have done to Aros. Please don't forget this.

Thanks.

Posted on: 6/17 5:31

(1) 2 3 »

Topic is Locked

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.