Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

cybergorf, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Topic is Locked

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Goodbye and thanks for the support

Group:
Quote:

OlafS3 wrote:
I myself do not use (or need) hardware in my job as expensive as Kalamatee asked,

he repeatedly explained what he needs that FOR, and by all means it completely figures even for a noob like me. debugging and rebuilding aros in order to develop, test and debug it takes insane amounts of time and patience. anyone who has not tried this should trust developers on their word.

Quote:
he says he needs it but I was sceptical that there would be enough contributors for that amount of money.

im not sure. distracted by sensless discussion we have not even came to pledge and judge what support we could gather. paulo (edit: sorry it was pascal i guess) for instance have made a substantial proposition. if it was accepted we could even at least simply chip in on that.

Quote:

Perhaps Kalamatee already was disappointed that people were not willing to give him the hardware he asked for, then perhaps the senseless discussions were the final point for him to drop Aros.

the disappointment may not be solely due to these comments but also to general lack of skilled contribution in the recent time. i dont know. but senseless discussion doesnt help with that. probably none is safe from it, thats at least what i need to repeat to myself.

pity all that. i honestly hoped for a few weeks taking my parents for a trip while further debugging odyssey in spare time. now that feels a bit hopeless.

(edit: usual typos)

Posted on: 6/18 3:35

Edited by wawa on 2018/6/18 5:00:28
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
Neil is working on AROS and does many things among others. Yes, we need more devs but to say it is dead cause Kal is gone is wrong!

with all respect to neils work as one of main contributors, there has been overwhelming amount of work on kalamatees part.

refreshingly, lately we even had contributions by people who seemed to suspend their active involvement, like fabio, or at least leaving helpful comments like michal. and it looked like people get attracted and some impetus may build up again. but we have missed the majority of main members for a while now, apparently not to return.

Quote:

I still think we will be back. Kal can never stay out of this project for long :)

id love to err on this matter and you be right. ;)

(edit: usual typos)

Posted on: 6/18 3:45

Edited by wawa on 2018/6/18 5:00:58

Group:
Quote:

OlafS3 wrote:
I myself do not use (or need) hardware in my job as expensive as Kalamatee asked, he says he needs it but I was sceptical that there would be enough contributors for that amount of money. Perhaps Kalamatee already was disappointed that people were not willing to give him the hardware he asked for, then perhaps the senseless discussions were the final point for him to drop Aros.

I wish to recap that

1. for what I could understand, Kalamatee never expressely asked for a Intel i9 processor + mainboard. That was someone else's interpretation.

1.1 I initially proposed a Ryzen processor instead
a) because I had one and b) due to similar overall
performances to hi-end Intel processors

1.2 I also asked why not using the i7 processors

2. Nick pointed out that he never asked for a i9 CPU, a i7 one would be enough. He also well explained why, in his opinion, he needed a Intel one. On the market there are affordable i7 models that can fit his needs.

2.1 Since the request was moderate and understandable,
Pascal and others offered their help. This community
actually COULD afford a similar-specced PC and send it
to Nick.

2.2 at this point, any further discussion would be
pointless.

3. A fairly useless "I know things better than you, you' can't fool me" discussion over AMD/intel specs began (with Cdimauro, at least).

For what I can say, some times I had discussions with Kalamatee, since we had very different views on things, and I could notice he does not appreciate to be adversed, or to loose time with further argumenting. And this time I can agree with him: after all, he made a modest request (NOT the i9-thing), he does NOT want to mess with a different architecture than the one he likes, he explained why he prefered the Intel side, and the only thing that this community should have done is just either saying "NO", OR sending him what he asked for.

Said so, I still hope Nick just had a momentary over-reaction and he will step back.

Posted on: 6/18 3:49

From Norway
Group:
Lets just put it this way. We are sensitive and some are more sensitive that others. Myself included. Kal does not like all the questioning. He never asked anything back from AROS and as he is in a difficult situation i'm sure he does not feel very good about many things right now.
Many try to convince him about other more cheap options but this is not what he want.
I see no point in trying to convince people about something they do not want.
It is better to say nothing.
On top of all this most of the people that question are not realy AROS supporters.

Posted on: 6/18 4:23

From Nürnberg, Deutschland
Group:
Offer from Pascal (in the other thread from december)

Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
16GB DDR4
2TB HDD
Geforce 1070 (because I think it is more realistically user oriented than a 1080TI : ) )
Sharkoon AM5 Silent Red

Price 0€
No OS

Not a bad offer... it seems not successful finally

Might not be perfect but better than no hardware I would have said

Posted on: 6/18 4:26

From Santander
Group:
If good machine,
On the one hand I think an i7 with all the components is fine,
another part of me says not everyone can afford an i7,
but I see the wikipedia page and I go crazy!
what's wrong with finishing the drivers,
drivers reach more people more users,
you get more people and that's very good for the community,
You can not go to patches everywhere.

Posted on: 6/18 5:01

From Germany
Group:
Thank you kalamatee for your commits of today!

Please don't delete your Patreon Account kalamatee maybe I win the Lottery and then I'll make you rich too! *lol*

Posted on: 6/18 12:29

Group:
Whatever you decide to do, good luck and God bless.

Posted on: 6/18 14:51

« 1 2 (3)

Topic is Locked

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.