Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Odyssey

From Norway
Group:
x-vision: We have complete 3D support if you have the right hardware. Sure been talkes of updated MESA and drivers so we can support never and more powerfull gfx chips.
I have a feeling that might happen.

64-bit AROS is quite mature. I see no reason people can not use it and develop for it. Sure is abi v.1 but that is no problem as if it will break again it is a matter of recompile. Devs. should always either upload or have their source code to their work available.

Multicore, SMP was a test project that Mschulz and Kalamatee worked of but there are lot's of problems with the Amiga or Amigalike OS design by doing that without breaking compatiblety. I'm nothing near the right one to talk about that and how it could be solved. Maybe AROS 64-bit should do that and lead the way for next gen. Amiga like OS. I don't know.

It is good people working on the OS. That said AROS is very mature. With the right hardware you can do lot's of stuff in a serious way.
To me it is more important that Odyssey could get some fixes and that software are developed and updated.

Posted on: 8/31 1:10

Edited by nikolaos on 2018/8/31 1:53:18

Group:
Quote:

nikolas wrote:
@wawa: may you please write again the link of your repository and how to compile?

https://github.com/wawatok/OdysseyWebBrowser

the branch is odyssey-r187682

to compile odyssey you should compile aros first in order to have the whole build system, dependencies and tools ready in place. this will include getting hold of necessary packages, checking out aros and contrib sources as described here:
http://aros.sourceforge.net/documentation/developers/compiling.php

after that you may place odyssey source within some local folder, im just using AROS/local for that. metamakefile (mmakefile.src) is provided.

building in a separate folder is advised, in order not to pollute the source sir with generated files, after you configured yout target, you can invoke make to build aros and then
make local-odyssey
to build odyssey. you probably will want to use -j flag to increase the number of compiling threads, as it will take long.

Posted on: 8/31 2:02
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Basel
Group:
I was able to compile ABIv0 and with some workaround I have also openssl 1.1 woking. It is compiled with the standard gcc: 4.6.4

I guess you compiled odyssey with another version...I have this error while compiling odyssy:

[ 0%] Building CXX object Source/WTF/wtf/CMakeFiles/WTF.dir/Assertions.cpp.obj
[ 0%] Building CXX object Source/WTF/wtf/CMakeFiles/WTF.dir/Atomics.cpp.obj
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-std=c++11’
Source/WTF/wtf/CMakeFiles/WTF.dir/build.make:62: recipe for target 'Source/WTF/wtf/CMakeFiles/WTF.dir/Assertions.cpp.obj' failed
make[4]: *** [Source/WTF/wtf/CMakeFiles/WTF.dir/Assertions.cpp.obj] Error 1

Posted on: 9/1 5:01

From Norway
Group:
Nikolas:
Thank you for the work on this.
I hope you figure out the errors or I could e-mail Deadwood and ask him.

Posted on: 9/1 5:24

From Basel
Group:
Just a small update compiling with gcc-6.1.0

-- The C compiler identification is GNU 6.1.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 6.1.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /root/night_V0/gcc-6.1.0/AROS-20180827-source/bin/linux-x86_64/tools/crosstools/i386-aros-gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /root/night_V0/gcc-6.1.0
[..]
[ 0%] Building CXX object Source/WTF/wtf/CMakeFiles/WTF.dir/BitVector.cpp.obj
In file included from /root/night_V0/gcc-6.1.0/AROS-20180827-source/bin/linux-x86_64/tools/crosstools/lib/gcc/i386-aros/6.1.0/include/c++/cmath:45:0,
from /root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/MathExtras.h:30,
from /root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/text/StringImpl.h:31,
from /root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/text/WTFString.h:29,
from /root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/Assertions.cpp:41:
/root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/MathExtras.h: In function ‘void decomposeDouble(double, bool&, int32_t&, uint64_t&)’:
/root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/MathExtras.h:301:17: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘(’ token
sign = std::signbit(number);
^
/root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/MathExtras.h: In function ‘void doubleToInteger(double, long long unsigned int&)’:
/root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/MathExtras.h:318:14: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘(’ token
if (std::isnan(d) || std::isinf(d))
^
/root/night_V0/AROS-20180820-source/local/odyssey/Source/WTF/wtf/MathExtras.h:318:31: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘(’ token
if (std::isnan(d) || std::isinf(d))
^

I see now this was discussed before on this forum about ABI_V1.
At the moment it's not clear to me on which commit this was fixed at that time. Can someone help?

EDIT: I see that previously this was fixed in ABI_V1 by wawa/Kalamatee modifying math.h
I guess I'm missing something since after copying that file from ABI_V1 I still have the same issue...

Posted on: 9/1 7:29

Edited by nikolas on 2018/9/1 12:34:54

From Norway
Group:
Can someone help Niklas with this?

This is important. Is it cause AROS abi v.0 must use an older version of gcc.

Wawa?

Posted on: 9/3 4:03

Edited by nikolaos on 2018/9/3 4:25:06
Edited by nikolaos on 2018/9/3 4:25:37

Group:
Quote:

nikolas wrote:
I was able to compile ABIv0 and with some workaround I have also openssl 1.1 woking. It is compiled with the standard gcc: 4.6.4

I guess you compiled odyssey with another version...

i am using 6.3.0, i dont remember using std=c++11 flag explicitly but it is required, already by the newer version of icu as much as by webkit engine itself. so i fear compiling with 4.6.4 may be really hard. i have attempted it now and then but never came far. perhaps 4.8.3 and up might be better.

im not sure if i have mentioned that, probably forgotten, that there is a diff for a newer icu version, namely 60.2 instead of 4.2.1. afair its in contrib/development/libs/icu, you would have to edit the icu version in mmakefiles both for crosstools as in contribs to get that built. you may though be able to stick to 4.2.1 for i386 (i needed higher version mainly for platform independance, but it also needs newer compiler).

Quote:

[ 0%] Building CXX object Source/WTF/wtf/CMakeFiles/WTF.dir/Atomics.cpp.obj

particularly atomics differ with c++11 which afair needs to be reflected in the source.

Posted on: 9/3 4:49

Group:
Quote:

nikolas wrote:

EDIT: I see that previously this was fixed in ABI_V1 by wawa/Kalamatee modifying math.h

i dont remember details offhand, you might link to what you are reffering to. but in fact kalamatee implemented and updated a lot of stdc math support in order that that we could get rid of a number of workarounds deadwood himself needed for odyssey/webkit on aros.
now that i think about it, it might be easier for you to start with his repository, rather than mine:
https://github.com/deadwood-pl/OdysseyWebBrowser

you wont have aros mmakefile there, instead you need to run cmake scripts by hand afair. but maybe you can hack my mmakefile in there.

or you can diff his and my sources against each other and see if the code that currently fails has been modified.

Posted on: 9/3 5:27

Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
[quote]
nikolas wrote:

u wont have aros mmakefile there, instead you need to run cmake scripts by hand afair. but maybe you can hack my mmakefile in there.

in fact it should fit, i started like that anyway. added the mmakefile and fought the way through failing code, i386 was though mostly fine, being the default platform. it shouldnt require most of my changes-

Posted on: 9/3 12:01

From Basel
Group:
Hi,

Your idea to use Deadwook's repository with your mmkafile was good. It compiled a lot of files, but now this is the next issue. Have you ever seen this error? I compiled with gcc-6.1.0.

[ 16%] Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libjavascriptcoremui.so
i386-aros-g++: error: unrecognized command line option ?-shared?; did you mean ?-shared??
Source/JavaScriptCore/CMakeFiles/JavaScriptCore.dir/build.make:15077: recipe for target 'lib/libjavascriptcoremui.so' failed
make[4]: *** [lib/libjavascriptcoremui.so] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:227: recipe for target 'Source/JavaScriptCore/CMakeFiles/JavaScriptCore.dir/all' failed
make[3]: *** [Source/JavaScriptCore/CMakeFiles/JavaScriptCore.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:149: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
mmakefile:118: recipe for target '/root/night_V0/test2/gcc-4.8.3/AROS-20180827-source/bin/linux-i386/gen/local/odyssey/.installed' failed
make[1]: *** [/root/night_V0/test2/gcc-4.8.3/AROS-20180827-source/bin/linux-i386/gen/local/odyssey/.installed] Error 2
[MMAKE] make --no-print-directory TOP=/root/night_V0/test2/gcc-4.8.3/AROS-20180827-source SRCDIR=/root/night_V0/test2/gcc-4.8.3/AROS-20180827-source CURDIR=local/odyssey TARGET=odyssey-exe-build_and_install-quick --file=mmakefile odyssey-exe-build_and_install-quick failed: 512
[MMAKE] Error: Error while running make in local/odyssey: No such file or directory
Makefile:224: recipe for target 'local-odyssey' failed
make: *** [local-odyssey] Error 10

Posted on: 9/3 12:34

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.