Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

SMTube

From Norway
Group:
We realy could need some youtube player.
As we have MPlayer that supports almost everything we could use something like SMTube.
I know OS4 have a port.

http://os4depot.net/?function=modules ... play&fileid=10591#10591_5

Here is the project at sourceforge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/smtube/

Is this something someone could be interested in looking into.

It is something I would consider maybe the most important software we are missing.

Odyssey does not work good with video, if that got fixed it would be even better. Problem there seams much more difficult as there is not fullscreen support either.

Posted on: 9/11 2:55

Re: SMTube

Group:
Needs qt or the like. probably easier to write mui gui for mmpeg, if there aint one already.

Posted on: 9/11 4:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
One could use the technique used by NetSurf By Artur Jarosik, and use MPlayer instead of FFPlay, see video !

https://youtu.be/wIiw-1KDYSg

Posted on: 9/11 6:21

From Norway
Group:

Posted on: 9/11 8:25

Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
You coders this is easy :P

https://www.programering.com/a/MjM5IDMwATU.html

It's simple if you have the .lib's and that's how I compiled last before my harddisk curropted and lost all my work.

Btw there is ffmpeg on a-archives but compiled for v0.

Also search aros-exec.org for "fplay" and click on s link for ffmpeg for aros more info.

Posted on: 9/11 12:48

From Norway
Group:
serk118uk: Maybe simple for you but I don't understand how to do it. abi v.0 is no problem it is what we use anyway :) At least for i386 and that is what everything is for.

I see the player have no sound so no point I guess.

Posted on: 9/11 14:06

Group:
Quote:

nikolaos wrote:
You coders this is easy :P

https://www.programering.com/a/MjM5IDMwATU.html

I wonder how this code ever worked. The person that most likely copied the code from: http://dranger.com/ffmpeg/ tried to strip this down to a minimum but messed up the entire while loop.

I had to basicly turn around the entire assignment of the structures, to get a picture (as the original author did). Furthermore I replaced most deprecated ffmpeg calls with the current ones.

The code still sucks donkey balls. Not all cases of memory freeing has been caught, no tests whether variables got initiialized or whether functions returned anything or not (at least in some cases). And a hard forced call to signal() -> exit(1), so the video playback can be killed via CTRL+C. No Audio playback. No correct Video playback timing (frames).

The archive contains the modified player.c, a build.sh file to compile and link the executable and the player executable itself which contains a Fedora 29 (not yet released) x86_64 binary. The file should also compile and operate if compiled under AROS (I believe).

Attach file:

gz player-12092018.tar.gz Size: 5.70 KB; Hits: 14

Posted on: 9/12 12:52

Group:
nice. i have put together a mmakefile to compile it within aros build system and with available aros components:
Quote:

include $(SRCDIR)/config/aros-contrib.cfg

#MM- local-simplevideoplayer : contrib-ffmpeg contrib-sdl

NOWARN_FLAGS := $(NOWARN_IMPLICIT_FUNCTION_DECL)

USER_CFLAGS := $(NOWARN_FLAGS)

USER_LDFLAGS := -L$(AROS_CONTRIB_LIB)

USER_INCLUDES:= -I$(AROS_CONTRIB_INCLUDES) -I$(AROS_INCLUDES)/SDL

%build_prog mmake=local-simplevideoplayer \
progname=SVPlayer targetdir=$(AROS_CONTRIB)/MultiMedia/Video/SimpleVideoPlayer \
files=player uselibs="avformat avcodec avutil swscale SDL pthread iconv net z"

it turns out there are differences between libs you are building and these currently default on aros (what version of ffmeg is that you use? aros has 3.0.1).

therefore two functions you use are not available:
Quote:

U avcodec_receive_frame
U avcodec_send_packet

this is certainly due to api changes between versions id have to look up, how to substitute.

btw. as spoken elsewhere, it would be good to focus forces and provide some repository of useful sources compilable for aros out of the box. obviously releases can be uploaded to aros archives, but this doesnt solve a work in progress situation. id love to have an independent common repository, we could work on. interim i can propose mine.

Posted on: 9/13 8:45

Group:
That comment is probably addressed to me I think.

Well I didn't intend working on this "player" kinda thing. But the link provided by nikolaos caught my attention. A player with less than 100 lines of code is clearly something to play with.

On Fedora I have:
rpm -qa ffmpeg-* | sort
ffmpeg-devel-4.0.2-2.fc29.x86_64
ffmpeg-libs-4.0.2-2.fc29.x86_64

ffmpeg4, which deprecated a not less amount of functions. You can find the old functions commented out one line above :)

So the functions "avcodec_receive_frame" and "avcodec_send_packet" can be commented and the line before "avcodec_decode_video2" uncommented.

Same with line 76/77, 81/82, 157/158

Maybe we can put some ifdefs around it that compiles in the correct functions of the ffmpeg lib used.

But the code is far from complete and anything else than nice. I only hooked up the code that was linked above and wanted to "see" something. First I received some segfaults, then green window and after turning around the assignments I received video playback.

Maybe the code can be extended with the missing parts from dranger.com, which also offers audio playback and proper frame syncing. With some REGEX magic this can be extended into a youtube parser and video player.

Like mpv, where you can play youtube videos (if youtube-dl is installed).

You can REGEX (pcre2) the true download location of the file (related to the format used 18=360p, 22=720p) and have it parsed and passed to e.g. curl-lib to stream and play.

Also the signal() call can be replaced by SDL event handler for quitting video playback.

But that's just an rough idea....

And thanks for the mmakefile. The idea with a "playground" kinda area for "garbage" code may be interesting.

Posted on: 9/13 9:53

Group:
Try this patch. Not tested on AROS. If AROS is defined (#define AROS), then the old functions and enums are used. Might be closer to ffmpeg 3 compatibility.

Attach file:

patch player.patch Size: 2.71 KB; Hits: 9

Posted on: 9/13 11:06

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.