Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
23 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 21

cybergorf, aha, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Goodbye Pegs

From Tequesta FL USA
Group:
Adios Pegs.

Question is, should the AROS port to Peg2 continue?

Dammy

Posted on: 2006/11/5 7:36
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Goodbye Pegs

From Norway
Group:
Closed Source Amiga SW + Niche Amiga HW = Doomed from the start.

Posted on: 2006/11/5 8:38

Sysop
From Norway
Group:
Administrators
I dont see any point in the Peg bounty anymore myself.

Posted on: 2006/11/5 11:00

From Tequesta FL USA
Group:
Donors are free to change out their donation to other bounties (or get their money back). In the next day or two, OS-X bounty is losing $100 as Genesi is (at my suggestion) switching it to EFIKA bounty. There is no reason why anyones money should stay in a bounty that has been made irrelevent.

Dammy
TeamAROS

Posted on: 2006/11/5 13:50

From Hannover, Germany
Group:
Hello Randy,

since the donors for the Pegasos bounty are not mentioned, it might be difficult for them to remember if they have donated to it or not (but I'm quite certain I didn't). ;-)

The following two topics might be related to your recently mentioned problem that some e-mails didn't reach you:

Regarding the OSX bounty (#15) I've just noticed that I'm still listed there. Don't know if it's just an error (relict) on the website or if my e-mail from February 19 didn't reach you. In it, I requested to please move my OSX donation to bounty #23, "Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase I)", instead.

Furthermore I noticed some time ago that the description text for the MorphOS/OS4-wrapper bounty seems to have been truncated when changing the website layout (my e-mail from October 7). Could you please restore it (full text quoted below)? Thank you! :-)

Best wishes,
Martin

----- 8< --------

MorphOS wrapper/emulator (AROS/PPC)

Objectives

1. Run MorphOS binaries on AROS/PPC (hosted on Linux/PPC; if existing at that time already, hosted on Mac OS X/PPC and native AROS/PPC as well).

2. To do so, all system structures and public structures of AROS have to be properly aligned with 68k alignment rules - the compatibility would not be perfect, because of some differences between the different operating systems, but that could be wrapped or emulated by a kind of "mosemu".

3. To prove sufficient compatibility, the MorphOS versions of Soliton and MPlayer have to run on AROS/PPC. Soliton is a fairly old Amiga game which uses MUI; it doesn't use the latest tricks, but the emulation must have working BOOPSI. MPlayer needs asyncio and lowlevel I/O; furthermore, MPlayer is Altivec accelerated and uses lowlevel graphics calls to CGX. Furthermore, the MorphOS application os4emu has to work on AROS/PPC, running FPSE; FPSE uses a fairly good amount of lowlevel libraries and device calls.

Posted on: 2006/11/6 1:00

Group:
@dammy
Quote:
OS-X bounty is losing $100 as Genesi is (at my suggestion) switching it to EFIKA bounty

I think that running AROS hosted on OS-X would still be interesting, be it x86 or PPC...

Anyway they decide where their money is better invested. I think that a native AROS for Efika may be cool if AROS had MOS/68k compatibility. Until then... an OS-X port may be more interesting IMHO.

BTW and totally offtopic... There's any chance of improving the current hosted drivers? for example making the drivers use Overlay so direct access to gfx mem works. Or maybe making AROS render its graphics in an OpenGL surface instead of using the standard X11 functions... Or maybe using the MMU to notice when a program writes directly to a bitmap. Programs usually lock the bitmap before writting so we would only have to update the gfx when bitmaps are locked.

Posted on: 2006/11/6 7:16

From Sweden
Group:
Hmmm...Aros will be the one and only amiga system on the planet that has available hardware for it except for second hand stuff! How about that!!!

Posted on: 2006/11/6 10:06

Sysop
From Norway
Group:
Administrators
Quote:

dolen wrote:
Hmmm...Aros will be the one and only amiga system on the planet that has available hardware for it except for second hand stuff! How about that!!!

Something ive known since 1997 ......

Posted on: 2006/11/6 11:15

From Tequesta FL USA
Group:
Quote:
since the donors for the Pegasos bounty are not mentioned, it might be difficult for them to remember if they have donated to it or not (but I'm quite certain I didn't).

That is a new bounty, all donations names/transaction numbers are in a mysql db. The names I've posted on as donors are from the old system (and it was simply .html files, not in a db). When Olivier has more time on his hands, he plans to complete his work for listing all donors by bounty.

Quote:
Regarding the OSX bounty (#15) I've just noticed that I'm still listed there. Don't know if it's just an error (relict) on the website or if my e-mail from February 19 didn't reach you. In it, I requested to please move my OSX donation to bounty #23, "Kickstart ROM Replacement (Phase I)", instead.

I'm looking at your email right now, you stated: "In case you do, ..." which I have not deleted that bounty. But I'll go ahead (well, I'll nag Olivier to do it) and transfer $31 to #23.

Dammy

Posted on: 2006/11/6 12:07

From Hannover, Germany
Group:
@damocles

Quote:
I'm looking at your email right now, you stated: "In case you do, ..." which I have not deleted that bounty. But I'll go ahead (well, I'll nag Olivier to do it) and transfer $31 to #23.

Ah, sorry, didn't reread my e-mail carefully this morning, just had a look at the date. :-/

Thank you for the transfer!

Posted on: 2006/11/6 13:51

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.