Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
18 user(s) are online (17 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 18

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 31 »

Re: What are you working on?

Group:
Quote:

PortablE wrote:
I am working on the PortablE language/compiler - which now works on AROS, but isn't quite yet ready for a public release.

Well, this is a great news anyway.

Posted on: 2008/4/12 16:07

From Sweden
Group:
This is a great thread! There should be more posts in this thread! It's interesting to know what people are doing. I'm maintaining Snug HTTP server and Yet Another FTP Server (YAFS). Working versions of YAFS and Snug HTTP server are included in vmwAROS. For the HTTP server I'm working on to get the CGI working on AROS. I have a solution but haven't tried it yet. Instead I'm working on an SMTP (mail) server. Not very usefull but at least we'll be able to send E-mails to a machine running AROS :) I decided between writing the SMTP server or an IRC server.

Posted on: 2008/7/31 1:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Guest_
I am a Visual BASIC developer and I haven't started any AROS projects until I find a good development language under AROS that I can work with.

I know some C, C++, Pascal, Python, Java, BASIC, Visual BASIC, Ada, FORTRAN, COBOL, Javscript, VBScript, VBA, ASP, PHP, and other misc languages. But I am a bit rusty in all of them and am relearning how to program by reading ebooks and articles on the Internet.

I can write business applications for small businesses, medical software, law software, and I might write some RPG support software like Traveller software for character generators. I'll try to do both Windows and AROS ports of each. I am trying to find a language that works well under Windows and AROS and doesn't cause me to rewrites part of the code to get it to work on both platforms.

I learned a bit of PLC programming, it would be nice to get a PLC language or PLC emulator under AROS. Turn some embedded motherboards into PLC or PIC controllers to cut down on costs.

Posted on: 2008/9/25 14:26

Group:
My current task is Windows-hosted port of AROS. It's still very basic, even in complete components (exec, kernel, emul.handler) some pieces are missing (like alerts and exceptions handling; timer.device has very low precision; emul.handler uses msvcrt which can be not thread-safe, needs support for file comments and protection bits, which can be implemented on NTFS using streams; etc).
However one really good news: the port really works. At the moment it's expected to throw me into initial AROS CLI in host's console (emul.handler offers standard I/O on it - nice feature, would be cool to have the same thing on serial port on native) as soon as i fix all small bugs.
The port is based on Maddano's Darwin port, however it is heavily reengineered, has kernel.resource with standard API, and (i hope) rather well structured. Maddano, you're welcome to re-adopt my architectural changes.

Posted on: 2008/9/25 22:58

Group:
hi all,
currently it's on hold, but I'll continue working on the thing I call 'Advanced Autodoc Viewer'. And a small utility which I used for my first downloads on AROS: httpget - a distant relative of wget. And then there are some games, but that's a different story.

Posted on: 2008/12/1 17:22

Group:
Hi! I am working on AROSAmp, an MP3 player for AROS. :)

Posted on: 2008/12/26 2:58

From Sweden
Group:
I'm currently building a modular analog synth (http://xelectrox.homeip.net/synth/081229/P1030691.JPG). I guess you can call me a hardware hacker :) But when it is finished (around march) I will update Yet Another FTP Server and Snug HTTP server and make a GUI configuration tool/launcher. This will make them more amiga-like and it will be easy to do some basic configuration and launch the FTP and/or HTTP server.

Posted on: 2008/12/31 6:50

Group:
I'm building the latest version of ScummVM and working on making it an official port. There are some corresponding parts of this (ie. SDL) which might benefit too. I'm only doing i386 right now, but other ports should be doable too.

Otherwise I'm working on some media playback stuff. I was thinking about PDF too, but that's a way off.

I'd also like to tackle some device drivers and other lower level bits, but I need to build up some more knowledge before that.

Posted on: 2008/12/31 8:58

From Sunny Finland
Group:
i've started on 2 never ending projects, pata.device(is there then going to be sata.device?) and intelG33.hidd.

pata.device is further than intelG33.hidd (only barebone skeleton exist)

i've also tackled with pci.hidd

Posted on: 2008/12/31 10:55

Group:
Quote:

cjkiesau wrote:
I'm building the latest version of ScummVM and working on making it an official port. There are some corresponding parts of this (ie. SDL) which might benefit too. I'm only doing i386 right now, but other ports should be doable too.

A updated and fully working port of ScummVM would be really welcome. With other adventures made free, it would add great value to VmwAROS and not only!!!

Posted on: 2008/12/31 13:37

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 31 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]