Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
14 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 13

BSzili, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 31 »

Re: What are you working on?

Group:
I'm pretty close to putting a binary up on AROS Archives for testing.

I re-worked the filesystem backend stuff, so it should be a bit less picky about where everything is located, although now I have a new issue on Linux hosted that doesn't seem to be there on native. It can be worked around though.

Everything is working and seems stable so far, so if all goes well I have to just put together the differences as patches for the ScummVM maintainers to approve.

Other than the AROS specific filesystem backend (which is mostly a backport of AmigaOS4's backend), there's a change in the configure script, and a couple additions to existing IFDEFs in two or three source files, so fingers crossed it won't be too hard to get it approved.

Posted on: 2009/1/1 17:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Guest_
Cool, I like my advanture games and the current version we have is a little bit buggy (although still usable), so Id be very happy for a new AROS version of ScummVM. Does latest version have support for the grime games ? Last I followed ScmmVM development (which was a while ago) it sounded as though theyre where going to merge the 2.

As for the topic. I've been busy trying to compile anything I can find that ports easily to AROS (amiga os and sdl stuff mostly). Ive had a little luck here and there, mostly with emulators so far, which I really should get around to uploading to AROS-Exec. One thing I'm curious about though,... am I allowed to upload a bin of a project that was stopped for legal reasons who's sources I happened to have still ? (project called RAW,.. basically a reimplementation of the Another World / Heart Of Darkness engine,.. requires original data files to play). I of course wouldnt upload the data files, but what about the bin ?

Posted on: 2009/1/1 20:40

Group:
Quote:

fishy_fis wrote:
One thing I'm curious about though,... am I allowed to upload a bin of a project that was stopped for legal reasons who's sources I happened to have still ? (project called RAW,.. basically a reimplementation of the Another World / Heart Of Darkness engine,.. requires original data files to play). I of course wouldnt upload the data files, but what about the bin ?

If I were you, I wouldn't take the risk. At least, not before contacting the original authors of the sources and the legal office that "stopped" the project. Since AROS is not a mainstream operating system, you could maybe get a limited approvation. I know the original author of Another World has recently re-released the game under a shareware kind of license, maybe you have to speak with him.

Posted on: 2009/1/2 2:57

Group:
Quote:

XeLeCtRoX wrote:
I'm currently building a modular analog synth (http://xelectrox.homeip.net/synth/081229/P1030691.JPG). I guess you can call me a hardware hacker :)

what a beast

any plans to implement this software-wise, too?

Posted on: 2009/1/2 3:58

From Sweden
Group:
Well, from beginning I was out to emulate the MOS 6581 in analog hardware (The famous SID-chip). Next step is to build a simple sequencer software (which outputs on the LPT-port). Second step would be to load sid-files and play them on the synth :)

Posted on: 2009/1/2 4:38

From Munich/Germany
Group:
I am currently working on a small Image processing App, using the Cairo Lib that Rob ported a while ago, and C++. And I am doing this all on AROS native right now.

So call me masochistic, but it works out somehow..
On the other hand, I notice quite a few shortcomings on the side of Aros, when it comes to coding on it... Especially the editor situation is quite terrible. I am using the standard Janoeditor, which behaves very weird on a couple of things. At least it can use Tab, which Nowined and Murks don't....
Maybe I will have a look on Murks as one of my next projects, If I don't give up screaming before that ;)..

On the app, I noticed we have a nice artistic paint program with Lunapaint, but on my daily routine I usually just have to crop and resize images, sometimes erasing a few pixels or adding some text, which is difficult with Lunapaint right now (especially the cropping and resizing part), and since Monsoon doesn't seem to continue working on Lunapaint, I thought I might start my own little project, which is ideal for testing out the little goodies that the Cairo lib provides (my main reason for doing this app ;) )..

Hopefully this will work out in the end, at the moment I do a lot of fighting with building up a Model-View-Controller like structure in C++, resulting in tons of crashes... I hope i get over this phase as soon as possible, so i can start on the actual image processing parts..

Posted on: 2009/6/30 2:11

Group:
@Steril707

That would be a very nice program for AROS. Sounds something like MS Office Picture Manager plus bitmap editing. Good idea I hope you let us beta test when you get that far.

Posted on: 2009/6/30 2:22

Group:
I was working on getting cross tool chains compiled inside
of AROS. E.g. x86_64 and powerpc tool chains inside of
x86 AROS. It's done now, but some final tests are still
missing.
The next thing is self compilation. At the moment perl
does not compile for me because find from findutils has
some problems.

ciao

Posted on: 2009/6/30 4:34

From Germany
Group:
What am i working on?
I'v got 3 ideas and want you to decide...

1.Amidock clone
Personaly i miss this a lot
Is somebody working on this? the topics i found are not
clear to me

2. Icon Theme
I know there is one (icondress)
but i miss some gui driven features
-Create own themes with preview and check Partitions
or folders on .info files
-same on load check what exists and show previews with
option to change individual icons

3. Packer GUI
It would be like 3.9 Unarc

These are my ideas for now, i'll wait some days before i decide which project to start.
maybe i found some ideas here in the forum or notice
that somebody is workin on this ( i didnt see everything here)

Suggestions and comments are welcome:
I really want to work on drivers but i never try
to handle Hardware directly.. so no suggestions to this please - I will see for myself but it will take its time

Let's do it

Posted on: 2009/7/8 9:47

From Norway
Group:
Sounds great OXteroOX :)

My fav.. must be Packer GUI.

Looking forward this.

Posted on: 2009/7/8 9:58

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 31 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.