Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
18 user(s) are online (12 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 16

bartmic, BSzili, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 »

Re: What are you working on?

From Norway
Group:
Neil: Nice supprise :) Love it.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 3:11

From West Midlands, UK
Group:
I'm just finishing testing a Hollywood program to to manage maintaining backup copies of draws and files. It can:

- Copy from a source to a destination only overwritting older files in the destination.

- Synchronise between sets of drawers so each ends up with the newest files.

- Mirror the source to the destination, like copy but also with any files in the destination that are not in the source removed.

- Create a destination which has the drawer structure of the source but archives the contents of each drawer (.tar.gz format); the idea of this rather than just archiving the lot is to avoid generating files over the AROS limit of 2 GB (I'm archiving entire partitions 15 GB + with this).

- Has the option of copying off any files which would be overwritten or deleted into a backup location.

The tool is meant to be run from the shell but can be started from its icon too. Once I get a bit more familiar with the new MUIRoyale I'll see if I can add a GUI to it.

Hopefully I'll have finished testing by next week and will then upload to the archives.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Posted on: 2013/1/10 14:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Il 2013 si presenta proprio bene, buon lavoro !
------------------------------------------------------
2013 looks really good, good job!

Posted on: 2013/1/10 15:48

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
@ncafferkey

"Preferences GUI Boot" will also implement the ability to configrare a multi-boot, and the ability to generate a dual or triple boot? it would be nice to do something like EasyDCD!

-------------------------------------------------------

"Boot Preferences GUI" implementerà anche la possibilità di configrare un multi boot, e la possibilità di generare un Dual o Triple boot ? sarebbe bello che facesse qualcosa tipo EasyDCD !

EasyBCD
Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2013/1/11 7:08

From Ireland
Group:
@amiga

The first version will only allow editing the first AROS entry. Later versions might have the functionality you're looking for.

Posted on: 2013/1/11 7:33

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
@ncafferkey

Questa è una gran bella notizia !
-------------------------------------
This is great news!

Posted on: 2013/1/11 15:35

From West Midlands, UK
Group:
'BackupCopy' has just been uploaded to the archives. For anyone that uses it, given that this program overwrites and deletes fiiles, please read the instructions carefully!

Next project... I'm planning to write a printing manager for AROS. It needs to be able to handle more than one printer (as I have two). It needs to be able to talk to GhostScript to convert PS/PDF files for printing (as I have a laserjet 5). It needs to be able to talk to other programs and forward their output to the printer (as my other printer is a deskjet 5552, and the only driver for that is Turboprint under emulation). I'm also planning to make it a front-end for a2ps and d2ps, allowing various options for a2ps to be set easily and the size/position of the graphic on the page to be set for d2ps. Finally, I'd like to enable network printing between AROS/AmigaOS machines if I can figure out how Hollywood's networking routines function, although I think that would be for version 2 - all the rest of the functionality will be a suitably challenging first project for MUIRoyal!

Cheers,
Nigel.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 13:34

From Nürnberg, Deutschland
Group:
Great Idea!

There is open project on Power2People, perhaps it would be something for you:
http://www.power2people.org/projects/profile/52

Or you could combine it with your project

(i would donate in future if you would take it)

Will there be a 68k version? Would be interesting to integrate it in my distribution

Posted on: 2013/1/14 2:57

From Nürnberg, Deutschland
Group:
Your Nano looks interesting but I right now do not understand for what it is practical used?

Posted on: 2013/1/14 3:00

From West Midlands, UK
Group:
Hi OlafS3,
I'm afraid my 'tinkering' would not be worthy of a bounty... The main thing I'm looking to do is make using the current tools we have more integrated and comfortable, with a GUI front-end, print-spooling, drag-and drop printing, choice of pages to print from a PDF, maybe some batch processing , etc.

The trick will be to make it accessible to the general user and not a configuration nightmare. Take for example printing a PDF. If you have a GhostScript supported printer (PostScript input or a supported printer type), it's fairly easy - just run it through GS and send out to the printer. If however, you have a printer only supported by 68k printer drivers (the old WorkBench ones, TurboPrint or some other third party driver from Aminet), the best thing (I think) to do would be to get native GhostScript to put out each page as a bitmap, and then feed them through to a stripped down 68k emulation invoked purely to process these pages to printer-file format, then back out to the printer manager to send on to the printer. I'd also like to be able to set different printers for different types of output (any B&W documents go through my laser, with the deskjet just for colour documents and photos to preserve its very expensive ink). So anyway, thinking of a way to make this straighforward to a new user will need some planning.

As this is to be coded in Hollywood, it will easily be recompiled for 68k - and it would of course be much simpler to make use of any 68k drivers here. Incidently, BackupCopy also has a 68k version included in the archive, tested on an (emulated) OS3.5 but not on AROS 68k as I don't have that installed yet.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Posted on: 2013/1/14 15:23

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.