Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32)

Re: What are you working on?

From Sunny Finland
Group:
Quote:

JonRobertson wrote:
But what about cross-compiling to platforms other than AROS?

You will need to build a suitable compiler for other platforms. Be it GCC or PicAsm/AVR. I've used the embedded arm gcc for stm32f7 boards. Just export the path for said compiler and compile away. Provided GCC is meant for the installation, e.g. compile programs for the said distro and run. Provided GCC will only compile for the host.

Most build systems build their own compiler or use one that is ready made and only needs to be fetched for the system/distribution.

Posted on: 2016/8/17 11:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From US
Group:
I'm installing Fedora 22 now. I had a little fun with the feature selections. It has been 15 years since I played with Linux. Fedora had a lot to offer. More toys to explore...

Posted on: 2016/8/17 13:46

From US
Group:
It seems Fedora 22 is a no-go, unless someone knows a link to an ISO that contains everything. The only workstation ISO I see at dl.fedoraproject.org is a net install. During the install, downloading packages has failed twice now. :(

Posted on: 2016/8/17 15:30

From US
Group:
Well, I've made a little progress. After looking at a few live CDs and desktop shells, I went with Debian. I'm not interested in shiny/glassy/pretty. I want stability and familiarity.

As far as AROS hosted, the set of instructions I have said to download/extract/copy linux-system and then CD to /AROS/BOOT. The nightly linux-system build that I downloaded does not have a boot folder. So now I'm off to find different instructions.

As far as compiling AROS: Source downloaded, preqs installed, configure completed, make launched. Then this error occurs:

Compiling ilbmtoicon...
ilbmtoicon.c:20:17fatal errorpng.hNo such file or directory

I won't have a need to build AROS source for a while. But since I have an audience anyway. When I was trying to install Fedora, I was trying to correct a "missing headers" issue. Is this the type of issue where I need to apt-get a header package or something?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/8/17 20:27

Group:
Quote:

As far as AROS hosted, the set of instructions I have said to download/extract/copy linux-system and then CD to /AROS/BOOT. The nightly linux-system build that I downloaded does not have a boot folder. So now I'm off to find different instructions.

Use the same instructions. When you read your instructions: replace all references to BOOT into (i use full path here) AROS-2016xxxx-linux-i386-system\Arch\linux

Were xxxx is also to be replaced with the month and day of your downloaded archive (e.g. it is a directory inside the archive you downloaded).

There you will find the arosbootstrap executable that is needed to boot aros hosted.

Quote:

Compiling ilbmtoicon...
ilbmtoicon.c:20:17: fatal error: png.h: No such file or directory

Last time i checked this was part of the sdk archive.

But, since you are compiling aros itself. Have you looked here already ?

Posted on: 2016/8/17 20:34

From Poland
Group:
Dev
You are missing one of the dependencies. This is a list of packages that need to be installed under Ubuntu 16.04. I guess Debian is similar.

sudo apt-get install subversion automake bison flex libpng12-dev gcc g++

Posted on: 2016/8/17 21:03

"There is no such thing as software for free. If it is not the user who covers the cost of software creation with money, it is the developer who covers this cost with his own free time."

www.aros3d.org
www.twitter.com/ddeadwood

From US
Group:
Thanks. That added five packages, two from that list and three other dependencies.

make AROS ran for a good while and one done, it wasn't obvious that something blew up. I don't yet know enough (and I'm not asking :) ) about what I'm doing to be able to test this local build.

Here is the last line of the make. Is it saying there were 99 errors?

99 /home/jonr/PRJ/AROS_Build/bin/linux-i386/gen/errors

Isn't is safe to assume that if I can build AROS than I should be able to build any AROS gcc project?

Posted on: 2016/8/17 23:52

From US
Group:
Is the gimmearos.sh script (on aros-archives) still a valid script to use? If so, why would anyone outside of the core team use anything other than this scrip?

Posted on: 2016/8/18 0:06

« 1 ... 29 30 31 (32)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.