Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
14 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 13

BSzili, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Usb and AC97 audio on Icaros 1.1

From Italy
Group:
Hello all,

I'll perform a new aros presentation on linux meeting the next month. So I installed the new Icaros 1.1 on my very hardware-lucky laptop. Video works ok, I can connect to the internet thanks to the rtl8139 driver, but I have still two problems:

1) Usb: every time I launch aros it asks me if I want to enable usb, can I disable this annoying thing, defaulting it to true? My usb mouse doesn't work, I have usb 2.0 on my laptop, is this the cause?

2) Audio: I have an AC97 compatible audio card in my laptop, if I config it on AHI configuration and click on "Test Audio" button, a beep is played without problems, but no other application is able to play sound, I tried with mplayer with "ahi_dev" device playing an mp3, but nothing is played and the scroller moves too fast (a 3 minute mp3 seems to be silently played in 5 seconds).

If you have some suggestions I will be able to amaze people more than I did on the previous presentation!

Thank you in advance,

TAD

Posted on: 2009/4/20 0:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Usb and AC97 audio on Icaros 1.1

Group:
1. Icaros has detected a UHCI controller and warns you it isn't supported correctly, so it won't work. Disable it, and it will never ask you again (it will ask for this any time you boot if from the Icaros DVD, though).

Use a PS/2 converter or a PS/2 mouse instead.

2. please configure UNIT 0 and UNIT 1 in AHI prefs according to your hardware, save, and you'll fix the issue.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 0:04

From Italy
Group:
Quote:

paolone wrote:
1. Icaros has detected a UHCI controller and warns you it isn't supported correctly, so it won't work. Disable it, and it will never ask you again (it will ask for this any time you boot if from the Icaros DVD, though).

Ok, I suspected it...

Quote:

Use a PS/2 converter or a PS/2 mouse instead.

My laptop have only usb, no ps2...

Quote:

2. please configure UNIT 0 and UNIT 1 in AHI prefs according to your hardware, save, and you'll fix the issue.

IT WORKS!!!

A laptop with video, audio and nic working!!!

Thank you paolone, I will AMAZE people!!! Too sad I cannot use secondary vga output for videoprojector...

TAD

Posted on: 2009/4/20 0:46

Group:
Great. Maybe if you tell us the exact brand and model of your notebook, many people would be happy to buy one.

Addition: long ago I had a notebook which allowed me to configure the SVGA port either to be the only video output, to clone whaterver the screen has shown, or to be disabled. Maybe with some luck you can do that too, and clone your AROS output to the video-projector.

Other people reported that the second video out of their card worked as simple clone of the first one, maybe it works with your notebook too.

Posted on: 2009/4/20 1:14

From Italy
Group:
Quote:

paolone wrote:
Great. Maybe if you tell us the exact brand and model of your notebook, many people would be happy to buy one.

This: http://www.dooyoo.it/computer-portatili/acer-travelmate-292lci/

Quote:

Addition: long ago I had a notebook which allowed me to configure the SVGA port either to be the only video output, to clone whaterver the screen has shown, or to be disabled. Maybe with some luck you can do that too, and clone your AROS output to the video-projector.

Maybe some settings on the bios, I'll check it.

Quote:

Other people reported that the second video out of their card worked as simple clone of the first one, maybe it works with your notebook too.

Yes, but I've already tried it in the previous presentation. The secondary vga output is not active by default, but must be set manually via software...

TAD

Posted on: 2009/4/20 1:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.