Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 62 »

Re: Progress on Freepascal RAD

Group:
Quote:
but its not so bad I think, what exactly you mean?

Installing only the help i linked to and i did:
Help->using help-> next topic
and it showed as picture below for me.

Quote:
Next I would care about the keys.

Ah, i was wondering if you wanted to bother yourself. That would be great. If there is anything you want me to do then you know where to find me

btw: if its 'just' about converting amiga/aros keycodes into windows/dos vk_xxx keycodes i already have something like that (done for completly unrelated to fv project). But i honestly dunno how it works in vision.

Attach file:

jpg  fp-editor-help-usinghelp-nexttopic-error.JPG (184.15 KB)
2666_50f315198ef21.jpg 1316X718 px

Posted on: 2013/1/13 12:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Germany
Group:
@mag: I see.. I didn't use this Inf files... as I said I use the html files, mostly self created directly from my source, so the help for my aros specific units are included. Difficult to say whats wrong there I never cared about the help system. The important part, classes, properties and so on work rather nicely.

I started to make new conversation routine for the keys, already rather nice, menu keys, copy paste, selection with cursor and mouse wheel is working.

Also removed a bug when starting a program direct from editor -> reminds the size of window.

It would be nice if you try out: (or others ^^)

http://www.alb42.de/prgs/fpscreen.zip

Posted on: 2013/1/14 14:27

Group:
Quote:
ALB42 wrote:
Difficult to say whats wrong there I never cared about the help system. The important part, classes, properties and so on work rather nicely.

I only encountered it with those files, so for all i know it's their fault .

Indeed the important parts also work with the .inf files.

I tried chm as well and seem to work ok. I am atm unable to install _all_ html helpfiles as i simply lack the space atm.

Quote:
It would be nice if you try out: (or others ^^)

Thank you for the new version, and it would indeed be nice what other have to report about it. c'mon y'all, you must be curious

here are my findings:

Annoying issues that where already there (not release related)
- On a vision window clicking the bar _always_ zooms the window to max size making it impossible to move windows (editor/help/etc)

Positive:
- option in preferences, works perfectly for switching windowed/fullscreen
- fullscreen: bar at bottom appeared again
- Scrollwheel on mouse work perfectly (perhaps a little too fast ?).
- copy paste keyboard started working somewhat (see issues below)

keys currently not working (and are imo the most annoying atm)
- Escape
- TAB
- Delete (+shift-Delete)
- Home
- End
- CTRL-F1
- ALT-F9

encountered issues:
- when starting in fullscreen and returning back to windowed mode the vision window does not get properly resized _at all_ and also the resizing of the Aros window is causing troubles (unable to size-down it stays full-size no matter what). e.g. aros-window stayed 1920x1080 while vision was 80x25.
- I encountered unhandled exception ioError when toying around, unfortunatley i was unable to reproduce.
- pressing shift and move cursor to select text. press ctrl-ins move cursor around to nice spot and press shft-ins pasted old pastebuffer. (configuring MS-convention does work btw)
- when in windowed i started calculator and somehow i got the arrow left pressed by keyboard (dunno what i pressed) then the complete FPC AROS window lost input-focus (although visually activated). The shell didn't show any keypress message anymore and i was unable to close the AROS window whatever i tried.

As said before, not all is important but also work as a reminder for myself

regards,

Posted on: 2013/1/14 21:02

From Germany
Group:
Quote:

magorium wrote:

Annoying issues that where already there (not release related)
- On a vision window clicking the bar _always_ zooms the window to max size making it impossible to move windows (editor/help/etc)

This was before also so sometimes I do not now why, sometimes only can move via right mouse button., perhaps a button pressed before.

Quote:

Positive:
- Scrollwheel on mouse work perfectly (perhaps a little too fast ?).

there is no support for mousewheel so I bound it to PageUp/PageDown maybe better cursor up/ cursor down?

Quote:

keys currently not working (and are imo the most annoying atm)
- Escape
- TAB
- Delete (+shift-Delete)
- Home
- End
- CTRL-F1
- ALT-F9

Done! please recheck

Quote:

encountered issues:
- when starting in fullscreen and returning back to windowed mode the vision window does not get properly resized _at all_ and also the resizing of the Aros window is causing troubles (unable to size-down it stays full-size no matter what). e.g. aros-window stayed 1920x1080 while vision was 80x25.
- pressing shift and move cursor to select text. press ctrl-ins move cursor around to nice spot and press shft-ins pasted old pastebuffer. (configuring MS-convention does work btw)

Fixed

Quote:

- when in windowed i started calculator and somehow i got the arrow left pressed by keyboard (dunno what i pressed) then the complete FPC AROS window lost input-focus (although visually activated). The shell didn't show any keypress message anymore and i was unable to close the AROS window whatever i tried.

seems this calculator has some issues when you want to use it by keyboard it just freezes, very strange and no clue why.

updated

Posted on: 2013/1/15 2:42

Group:
Quote:

This was before also so sometimes I do not now why, sometimes only can move via right mouse button., perhaps a button pressed before.

Well, it seems we have different experiences. And i figured out the why as well

In windowed mode:
Once i moved a window using the left mouse button, always zooms the window on the next move-attempt (using the left button). When i switch buttons and use the right button, i am able to move the window. When i press the right mousebutton again then it zooms. Switching back to left mousebutton i am able to move the window again. This cycle seems to repeat itself. can be determined by the green bordercolor, if it appears then it works else not.

FYI: changing the double-click settings in the configuration didn't seem to influence anything at all.

If all else fails with vision/fpc then perhaps this can be of help ?
AROS/AmigaOS also has some settings for doubleclick speed that maybe could interfere ?

In fullscreen mode:
On fullscreen there does not seem to be a right mouse button press discovery at all. and when pressing the left mousebutton it differs from windowed mode. In windowed mode the window-border turns green when you want to move the window, but this is not the case in full-screen.

At first i was unable to find why this behaviour differed, but a closer inspection revealed my stupidity.

Solution to fix different behaviour:
Try adding the WFLG_RMBTRAP to the WA_FLAGS tag in the fullscreen window. It needs this flag to be able to retrieve the right mousebutton click as an IDCMP_MOUSEBUTTONS message at all.

Sorry that i missed this flag.

Quote:

there is no support for mousewheel so I bound it to PageUp/PageDown maybe better cursor up/ cursor down?

I was thinking of scrolling a certain amount of lines. But if there is no internal support for that then that could get complicated. Better leave it then, as i have no problems with it. It just looked a little too fast to me. Using line up/down seems to defeat the purpose of the scrollwheel, as it seems too slow.

Quote:

Done! please recheck

This is just divine thank you.

Quote:

Fixed

This keeps on getting better and better. It works perfectly now.

Quote:

seems this calculator has some issues when you want to use it by keyboard it just freezes, very strange and no clue why.

Better leave it for now then. It has no priority atm. I will have to check though as i don't recall having issues with this in a previous version of the editor. But perhaps i'm mistaken.

Regression(s)?:
- The menu shortcuts to open the menu's stopped working
- Settings don't seem to be saved. At least the full-screen option isn't anymore. so i have to switch manual on every startup. Forcing a fp.ini save (with menu) does not seem to help either. Some other settings do got saved correctly into the ini.

idea's/suggestions/others:
- perhaps make fp editors screen SA_Type = PUBLICSCREEN so that other windows can be opened on it ?
atm when a tool/command is run, it opens on another screen.
- in the rkrm topic openscreen in the notes section there is some mentioning of how to let system requesters display on a screen. Might be a smart thing to do to make it perfectly complete and safe ?
- implement command shell from File menu. I can start a newshell via toolsmenu, but why not here as well ?
- connect vision clipboard with aros' clipboard so that clipboard data can be shared ?

ow, and ofcourse thank you very much for the new version

Posted on: 2013/1/15 21:09

From Germany
Group:
Quote:

magorium wrote:

Once i moved a window using the left mouse button, always zooms the window on the next move-attempt (using the left button). When i switch buttons and use the right button, i am able to move the window. When i press the right mousebutton again then it zooms. Switching back to left mousebutton i am able to move the window again. This cycle seems to repeat itself. can be determined by the green bordercolor, if it appears then it works else not.

FYI: changing the double-click settings in the configuration didn't seem to influence anything at all.

Thanks for figuring that out, that was exactly the key, the doubleclick delay was calculated by something like Gettickcount, but there was only a stub for OS_Amiga always return -1 so every click was handled as double click.

Fixed.

Quote:

Try adding the WFLG_RMBTRAP to the WA_FLAGS tag in the fullscreen window. It needs this flag to be able to retrieve the right mousebutton click as an IDCMP_MOUSEBUTTONS message at all.

Fixed.

Quote:

- The menu shortcuts to open the menu's stopped working

hmm ok I see, the problem is I took the two Alt-keys as the same (Alt and AltGr) in fact they are not the AltGr often has a real char behind (like AltGr-Q for @ at my Keyboard) so I seperated the two Alt keys now, Alt always gives the commands for menu and so on, AltGr only gives the char.

Quote:

- Settings don't seem to be saved. At least the full-screen option isn't anymore. so i have to switch manual on every startup. Forcing a fp.ini save (with menu) does not seem to help either. Some other settings do got saved correctly into the ini.

This still works perfectly here, must a be a problem at your side, the setting for this is saved in fp.dsk not fp.ini

Quote:

- perhaps make fp editors screen SA_Type = PUBLICSCREEN so that other windows can be opened on it ?

Not so good idea, can make much headache if you open a foreign window at the screen because you cant close it if you want. As you know you have no way to tell the program that the SysDoneVideo did not work, so you will end up in a not defined position. Think about.

Quote:

- in the rkrm topic openscreen in the notes section there is some mentioning of how to let system requesters display on a screen. Might be a smart thing to do to make it perfectly complete and safe ?

Done

Quote:

- implement command shell from File menu. I can start a newshell via toolsmenu, but why not here as well ?

possible but atm makes not much sense atm because you can only start a program and wait until it finishes, no detaching or so possible.

Quote:

- connect vision clipboard with aros' clipboard so that clipboard data can be shared ?

nice idea but I have no idea how clipboard is working in a amiga-style os, do you have an example code? ^^

FP updated:

Posted on: 2013/1/16 3:55

From Daoulas (Finistère, France)
Group:
Quote:

ALB42 wrote:
Quote:

Not so good idea, can make much headache if you open a foreign window at the screen because you cant close it if you want. As you know you have no way to tell the program that the SysDoneVideo did not work, so you will end up in a not defined position. Think about.

As long as CloseScreen() returns FALSE, it should be quite easy to open a requester asking the user to close the visitor windows before clicking "OK".

Quote:
Quote:

nice idea but I have no idea how clipboard is working in a amiga-style os, do you have an example code?

May I suggest you to look at toClip() and fromClip() functions in C:Clip Shell command. OK it's C code of course, but I think it should be quite straightforward.

Posted on: 2013/1/16 13:23

Group:
@ALB42:

Man, you work fast Thank you for all the fixes as they all seem to work correctly.

Quote:
This still works perfectly here, must a be a problem at your side, the setting for this is saved in fp.dsk not fp.ini

Well, as much as i would like that to be, i'm not so sure it's only me (ofcourse confirmation from someone else is better).

I've tried 3 different AROS installation and it all results in the same result. fp.dsk is and stays zero bytes, although the filedate get's updated. Is there another setting that _must_ be made before this works correctly ?
(FWIW: i know i need to close the dropdown to save the setting correctly).

I was able to discover (with snoopy) that just before fp editor ends (on pressing quit) it opens the file "fp___.dsk" (note the capitalization as well). Unfortunately snoopy seems unable to tell me when a file is written to.

Quote:
Not so good idea, can make much headache if you open a foreign window at the screen because you cant close it if you want.

Since we have a bit of an ackward implementation with regards to switching, i can somewhat relate to that statement, although it should be possible (as Ball000 said). But i haven't come up with a perfect solution for our implementation yet.

Quote:
possible but atm makes not much sense atm because you can only start a program and wait until it finishes, no detaching or so possible.

hehe. Try making a new command in the tool menu. Let's point it towards c:newshell and see what happens

Quote:
nice idea but I have no idea how clipboard is working in a amiga-style os, do you have an example code? ^^

Not something that is usable atm. Ball000 points out very nice examples. If you need the supporting units then i can send them over. But i also realize that this is a bit of an ackward implementation as vision used plain text only while our AROS clipboard can contain anything (pictures/movies/audio) as well. So that needs to be filtered somehow.

Thank for the newest update. It all works well, all fixes where correct. i can move the windows now (even on fullscreen) the menu-keys started working again (and yes i also have an alt-gr key on my kb). :thumbs-up:

So the only thing left for me is the fp.dsk file that is causing me problems.

If you are not able to reproduce, would it be much trouble for you to send me a link to a more informative version so that i could pinpoint the problem a bit more/better ?

Posted on: 2013/1/16 17:26

From Germany
Group:
Quote:

magorium wrote:

Quote:

Well, as much as i would like that to be, i'm not so sure it's only me (ofcourse confirmation from someone else is better).

I've tried 3 different AROS installation and it all results in the same result. fp.dsk is and stays zero bytes, although the filedate get's updated. Is there another setting that _must_ be made before this works correctly ?
(FWIW: i know i need to close the dropdown to save the setting correctly).

I was able to discover (with snoopy) that just before fp editor ends (on pressing quit) it opens the file "fp___.dsk" (note the capitalization as well). Unfortunately snoopy seems unable to tell me when a file is written to.

most important check:
Options -> Environment -> Preferences ,
AutoSave box -> Environment/Desktop must be check

If I remove this checkmark then its not working here either, which is right.

I will make soon a release of all, also with source then you can self look into.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:03

Group:
Hi ALB42,

Thank you for all your help. I'm presenting more information on the subject.

I think it requires some attention before release ?

First of all let me be clear of what steps i did (in the hope you are able to reproduce).
- extracted fpscreen archive to ram:
- opened a shell
- typed "fp" + enter
- menu -> options/Environment/Preferences (necessary autosave options are already active)
- changed video mode from window to full-screen
- changed video mode back from full-screen to window
- clicked/unclicked another option to make sure the dropdownbox gets unselected
- clicked ok
- Menu -> File/exit

And i get a screen as attached picture.

i am able to change this behaviour when i place it in a sub directory in ram. The error-requester
does not pop-up then, but the fp.dsk file (which originally does not exist) stays zero, no matter what i do. changing the auto-save options does not help me either (thinking perhaps it mispresents/misconfigured itself om initial startup).

Ofcourse it would help if i could look into it myself, but i presume you're doing nothing special
or changed anything special for reading writing that file. So that is very strange as my compiled
version does not seem to have the same behaviour. But ofcourse my version misses the adjustments you've made sofar.

it would be very nice if someone else could try this version of your editor and see what happens... anybody wanna give a hand here (it's under 1 minute of work + downloadtime) ?

The problem i'm getting is that if i choose the video options that is fullscreen and press ok (and ok to confirm the countdown timer that the videomode is ok) that this setting is not stored/remembered for the next time i start up fp. The file fp.dsk in the directory where the fp executable resides stays zero bytes for me.

thanks in advance,

Attach file:

jpg  fp-editor-cfgsaveerror.JPG (115.87 KB)
2666_50f8282f4c77a.jpg 659X447 px

Posted on: 2013/1/17 8:34

« 1 ... 21 22 23 (24) 25 26 27 ... 62 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.