Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 94 »

Re: Progress on Freepascal RAD

Group:
This is great work. Any work that helps high level application programmers develop for AROS (and the Amiga community in general) is most welcome. If we can get a set of tools that will make it easy for programmers from other platforms to write new applications for AROS then we all benefit.

Posted on: 2011/5/31 14:17
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Sweden
Group:
this is something I have waited for as well....

Now!

the only thing for us who wants to "play" with this tool... is how should we set it up?

or is everything "premade"?

Assigns, paths, configfile? and so on...

so that we can type fpc and everything would be linked in, every unit found....

anyway, your work looks great...

I am hoping that someone else is joining in on this...

Posted on: 2011/6/10 11:30

From Germany
Group:
Quote:

azvareth wrote:
is how should we set it up?

or is everything "premade"?

Assigns, paths, configfile? and so on...

so that we can type fpc and everything would be linked in, every unit found....

Seems i didnt write clear enough in readme

OK let me explain:

You need the Development Tools for Aros
FPC needs ld, so to test just type in "ld" in CLI, if installed you should get: "ld: no input files"
Unpack the fpc-archive into Development: (this assign should exist when development tools are installed)

Thats all,

now you can go to the source and type
for pascal sources:

fpc source.pas

for lazarus project

fpc project1.lpr

Posted on: 2011/6/11 13:31

From Sweden
Group:
hmmm...

I got it working but... (except that the paths to bin: does not seems to be added, even though i have manually added it in boot sequence [shell-startup])

Anyway, I checked the extracted dir... where did you put the readme? I can't find any readme at all... ???

Posted on: 2011/6/11 23:35

From Germany
Group:

Posted on: 2011/6/12 3:32

From Sweden
Group:
ohhh there it was... almost written in capital letters, well... I was in a hurry ;) so I only downloaded it and spent a day or so searching the net for a way to use it...

Posted on: 2011/6/12 7:21

From Sweden
Group:
Hi!

I have one more question...

Do you plan to provide the "sources/units" *.pas of your work? especially the LCL code (the only thing I see is the *.ppu) so far...

This could be a good thing if someone wish to learn how to convert the Lazarus (Linux/Windows) LCL to AROS or if someone is implementing a missing (not yet coded) feature... thus it would be developed faster...

Posted on: 2011/6/13 14:00

From Germany
Group:
Quote:

azvareth wrote:
Hi!

I have one more question...

Do you plan to provide the "sources/units" *.pas of your work? especially the LCL code (the only thing I see is the *.ppu) so far...

This could be a good thing if someone wish to learn how to convert the Lazarus (Linux/Windows) LCL to AROS or if someone is implementing a missing (not yet coded) feature... thus it would be developed faster...

Of course I will (in fact I must , its LGPL)
atm its not in a form can be released, of course if someone is interrested I can soon make a archive and place on my webpage or so.

Long time idea: Include it into the official fpc- and lazarus- sources, then everyone can checkout and change.
Thats the reason I didn't make a sourceforge project or so out of it, its already with svn informations of the original source and i dont want to remove it.

Atm I don't have much time for coding, as long as I have much to do at work and home.

Posted on: 2011/6/14 23:16

From Sweden
Group:
Yes!

I saw that you are busy, on your homepage...

I do not know anything about SVN / GIT or other methods of keeping track of code changes (I have tried to use it but I am to stupid to get it to work, so I gave up those attempts)

However I maybe (note: I also work, alot) could make minor contributions, I also could do some docs (Amigaguide/HTML?) on AMIGA/AROS specific objects, for example: what methods, properties and events are implemented (or not) in TButton, TMemo and so forth!

perhaps someone else could do this aswell and speed up the development / documentation, I would love to see a fully implemented Lazarus in AROS, holy cow that would be awesome, in fact it is already... and Pascal ain't so difficult to learn...

So... more RAD developers would be nice, for those who have great ideas, but don't know how to implement them in Cpp or time to write a lot of code (taking up just as much text as you can see in your browser right now) just to show a window...

Posted on: 2011/6/15 9:14

From Sweden
Group:
so...

I found a "bug" ;) I am not making to much fuzz about it...

just let you know, so that you could write it down somewhere for later on, or try to reproduce it by yourself...

in host OS create (with Lazarus) a Form, in the Form create a TMemo, align to bottom, add code so that TMemo resizes on formresize, leaving 40 or 50 px space above TMemo for three buttons, add two dialogs open/save connect btn1 to loaddlg and load into TMemo, add second button to savedlg (don't bother save)..

create a second form on that form add a button and inside that buttonclick event add a showmessage('any text');

on form1 [uses] add your form2 unit, in form1 and button 3 add code form2.show; on the button3click event...

start program, show form 2 with third button, on form2 klick button for showmessage()

here we see a nice alert that something did not work

something with illegal instruction, muimaster.library and areadispatcher, metadispatcher, coercemethod and zune_windows_message

I did not creat a screenshot... and as this is a first "prototype" I do not mind, just thought you should know!

Posted on: 2011/6/15 13:31

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 94 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.