Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
3 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 1

OlafS3, The_Reaper, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

An idea to raise a few dollars
Guest_
Every now and then people come up with ideas to try and raise a few dollars towards development. Some are good, some not so good. And it's here that I offer my suggestion to either be liked, or shot down :)

Anyway, please bare with me as I didnt flesh it out much incase people arent interested, but it goes a little something like this:

I personally think it could be an interesting, and over time productive little challenge to set ourselves if we can collectively try to keep as long a run as possible having donated *something* (even $2 (assuming there's no minimum?) if just to keep the tally of days growing). Hypothetically even at an average of $3.30 or so a day we've raised $100 for the month. Other times someone might contribute $5, or even $10, so it definately adds up.

Im currently not working, so I have to keep a bit of a check on what I spend, but even I can afford sacrifice a chocolate bar or bag of chips once or twice a week (I have a sweet tooth,... in fact it probably wouldnt hurt to give up a few sweets per week really :)).

Perhaps keep a running thread to keep an update on the current "score" in regards to consecutive days a donation has been made, and to stop people donating on a day a donation has already been made. Not to say multiple donations on 1 day wouldnt be good, but money can be tight sometimes, so a person might have put aside a few dollars specifically to keep the scoreboard ticking and might be disappointed to have "wasted" his chance to keep it going for that week/fortnight/whatever.

Now as for what this money would go to, that's where Ive not really fleshed it out, but the AROS Development Fund (http://www.power2people.org/funds/aros/) seems the logical place to me.

Im hoping that the same appeal file number counting on aros-archives has will rear its head here :) If a day is missed the counter resets and wanting to prevent that happening can sometimes have a strangely addictive quality (or is it just me?) :)

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear if people would be interested in giving it a try? Surely there's at least 7 people who are willing to spend $2 a week to keep the "game" going?

Posted on: 2012/2/19 6:12
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: An idea to raise a few dollars

Group:
@Fishy_fis

This sounds like the ArosFoundation.org which I proposed last year and went down like a lead balloon.

So I am all for the payment per month idea, I even think we have one going on PowerToThePeople.

Steve.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 8:25

Group:
An interesting idea. At work we a sign that says '89 days without an accident'. It has not been updated for quite some time.

Unless the process is automated, someone at p2p would have to keep 'score' every day. This does not sound like too much effort but might not be welcome. Also I suppose there would have to be an Aros-Exec update every day to the score at p2p. Again, this would require a volunteer.

The development fund is successful the way it works now. But in my view, there are two issues with the development fund.

First it is subscription only. It would be better if an occasional donation could also be made. (depending on the number of candy bars sacrificed)

But the main issue is that there may be a tempermental flare up when it comes time to use it. Should the fund be used for Magellan, Zune, or something else? And who will decide?

Posted on: 2012/2/19 9:36

Guest_
Although not specified anywhere, Id always assumed the aros fund would be used for core os development rather than 3rd party apps.

As for my idea, its not intended to compete with anything else in place, but merely be a team "game" of sorts that anyone could "play". No obligations, very simple, and more or less self sustaining. At most it'd need a counter somewhere as well as an indication as to whether the tally has gone up for that day. A "highscore" as well I guess.

It'd also give people who dont really have the money to make double figure donations the opportnity to contribute. As I said it all adds up over time.

Posted on: 2012/2/19 10:14

Group:
..... http://www.reactos.org/en/foundation.html

the Foundation as a whole exists in two tiers, with the administrative body based in Russia and regional branches that handle donations in their respective regions. This structure exists because of the differences in how laws deal with transfering money to Russia from Europe and the Americas. All branches and the administrative body are registered as non-profits in their respective regions.

... i am playing with the idea to register an AROS e.V in germany...

What about having AROS clubs / foundations in some countries acting under an umbrella of an "mother" foundation..

regular meetings /parties : )
Collecting donations -> speaking about for what bounties projects the money should be used
helping each other
offering nice club gifts/collectibles..
Promoting AROS on IT events in each country
Showing it in universities..
and so on.

Posted on: 2012/4/7 1:31
www.ares-shop.eu

From Nürnberg, Deutschland
Group:
I think a good idea... it would help to promote Aros and make it better known in the public

Posted on: 2012/4/7 2:09

From Germany
Group:
Germany is a good Idea.. because Germany has the fairest law in the World... in Germany it is allowed that such a Aros Club (Aros e.V) creates a gGmbH.. a "Ltd. of public Interest" or a "Aros Stiftung".. (Aros Foundation)!

Posted on: 2012/4/7 4:38

From Germany
Group:
@ phonixconsole... coun't me in as Member of the AROS e.V:.. but I want to remain in the Background.. I'll pay may fees.. and talk over Aros-exec! (Mach bitte ein Online Mitgliedschaftsformular)

Posted on: 2012/4/7 4:43

Group:
We would need at least 7 persons who subscribe during registration process.
There would be a lot to do. Writing a constitution and so on... some would need to manage it. (This implies "work to do" : ) )

Posted on: 2012/4/7 5:10
www.ares-shop.eu

From Germany
Group:
I'd rather be a regular member.. I don't have the Money to engage deep in the board of managment and travel around!

Posted on: 2012/4/7 5:31

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.